anyone into Zen here?

does anyone try to live a Zen like existence? If so post up!
Im not religious but i guess i am pretty spiritual. I like how Zen is focused on the idea that "enlightenment" or "nirvana" or whatever you want to call it, is only brought about through working on your own mind and bettering yourself as a person for everything and everyone else around you, and not through praying to something. I'm trying to practice the whole non-attachment thing, but its damn hard at times, espeically when you get a real emotional bond going on with a particular person.

Anyway anyone else out there on the Zen, or spiritual tip?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

'"enlightenment" or "nirvana" or whatever you want to call it, is only brought about through working on your own mind and bettering yourself as a person for everything and everyone else around you, and not through praying to something. '
I'm self obsessed, I don't know, does that count.......anyway enough about me, what do you think about me?????????????

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Joking aside, theres been times when I've been glad to be able to give thanks to someone other than myself. But also why would you want to break a perfectly good relationship just because you're becoming attached?
However freefall is just about the ultimate thing when trying to be unattached ;)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I suppose I do. It really annoys some people that you can be with something and enjoy it but if it's gone, everything is still ok. Especially women.
And skyrad, it's not so much about breaking a good relationship in order to maintain some non-attachment. It's more about enjoying the relationship for what it is, when it is. Not so much what it _will_ be. It has alot more to do with living life in the the now, I believe. It can mean that you don't take eachother for granted, ever.

If I ventured in the slipstream; Between the via-ducts of your dreams.......could you find me?

I believe that to a certain extent we all (especially skydivers) enjoy that moment of pure mental focus that I associate with being in a Zen state.

Perhaps not an entire existance, but certainly for a few moments while exiting or turning points in freefall or while under canopy during sunset. In the first cases it's a matter of pure mental focus on the matter at hand where nothing else matters. In the last case, the amazing tranquility and absolute peace.

I'm equally certain that at other times there is a percentage of skydivers that take some of those moments and reflect upon what may have made it all possible.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Just a tip - if anyone is working on meditation during free-fall, get an audible. Or two. Not that meditation has anything to do with Zen, necessarily, but most people that practice one practice both. Desire is the root of suffering, and it's damn hard to not desire jumping. A quandry. I would love to hear anyone's experiences with trance freefall ...

<>

I like how Zen is focused on the idea that "enlightenment" or "nirvana" or whatever you want to call it

Zen is focused on nothing. Zen is focused on everything. And if anyone ever considers themselves "enlightened", they aren't.

Zen is about opening your eyes and really seeing. It's about opening your ears and really hearing. It's about opening your heart and really feeling. Zen is about being, plain & simple.

By the way, where is Zennie?

I be here. ;) Work has been crazy & I'm in the middle of a divorce so I'm not exactly the most serene person right now. :P

But that's my Zen right now you know? This is where I am. This is what I'm doing. This is how I feel. It's major league depressing at times, but still it's all good. ;)

But enough babbling from me. Never miss a good opportunity to keep your mouth shut. :D

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I think Joe Walsh from The Eagles said it best: "It's hard to meditate on amphetamines..."

I about lost it when I heard him pop that gem out when he was providing tunes for Drew Carey's improv special on cable.

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Right on dude! Try Red Bull and Tequilla - have 8 of them - you are completely wasted yet you have a totally clear mind. Throw in a nice babe and some techno music and I'm ready to flyyyyyyyyy....B|
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275