riddler

dz.com sugestion - Wing Loading!

Hmm, I stepped on the scale this morning.

Apparently, my wingloading has now dropped to 1.04:1 since I last weighed myself. When I got my Sabre2 170 I was about 1.2:1

Adkins diet and ab crunches sure do work! ;) Now if I want to go faster I just need to eat some burritos. ;)B|

The problem seems more a factor of your comfort and ability level, and what you want to do. It pisses me off when I see people at my dropzone with 100-250+ jumps, that still can't stand up a landing, even a Sabre2 at 1:1. Then someone who is talented gets ripped on since they are at 1.63 on a Stiletto with 300 jumps, never has a problem landing at 5,300ft, etc....

Jump numbers aren't the indicator, your level of comfort and rate of progression are...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

mee too mee tooB|
I jump a Spectre 190 loaded at 1.2:1 and I have NO plans on downsizing at this time.

I get ripped on, but it's all fun, 'cause I jump a Pink Sabre 135. They say "135? You're gonna kill yourself!"
Well, I'm jumping without my RW lead now, and I just grabbed the rig and all my gear, jumpsuit, alti, ect, and hopped on the scale....
135 loaded @ 1.26 to 1
Sure, the 9 cells, shorter lines, ect. make it a different animal, but it's not loaded extremely heavy, and damn it's FUN! Sabres are quite ground hungry though....
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

We have no interest in hearing from the president of the Jeff Sands Fan Club ;)

But I agree with you - people have different talents with skydiving. I can't fly for shit, but I've always had good canopy control (I'm talking about getting to the peas - not necessarily standing up :)
I think it's great that experienced jumpers are encouraging new jumpers to downsize slowly, but we need to allow people the freedom to choose their canopies and make their own mistakes.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Ovaltine.

Why do they cal it ovaltine? The jar is round,. so it should be called roundtine.

(yes, I'm watching Seinfeld reruns...)
And five hundred entirely naked women dropped out of the sky on parachutes.
-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I should take their advice and dwn size to a 170 from a 200

granted, you'll probably be fine with a 170, but for the sake of safety, try a slightly more gradual downsize - even if you just rent or borrow a 190 and jump it a couple of times to give you the feel of a smaller canopy. you might decide you're ready for a 170, but if not, you'll be glad you tried the 190 first.
spiral out...keep going...