wingnut

moving to utah

well, got the news toda....looks like i'm moving to utah here in december. i'll be ststioned at hill air force base about 30 minutes from salt lake. looks like from the dz database there are 2 dz's close by and some good skiing. only one thing pissed me off about the whole thing...it's still high altitude and not near sea level so they don't go to 14k.....:-( oh well, atleast i'll get to meet lazerq3 after having chatted here for over 2 years........

Congrats. I think. I had to go there for a few days on business in July. I was actually surprised by how beautiful the mountain range around SLC was.

As for the trip, I prepared myself by watching Orgazmo & SLC Punk. Although the 50+ (literally) black-suited missionaries on the flight back did make things interesting. I just pretended they were pimply FBI agents and proceeded to hide under my fold-down tray.;)

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I can't wait for snowboarding season! Some of the best mountains in North America can be found near Salt Lake City. In particular, Snowbird and Solutide are truly amazing. I don't know if I could deal with the Utah natives full time, but I love going there in the winter!

WINGNUTS COMING TO TOWN!!!!! actually now theres only one DZ close to hill....Ogden skydiving center...(which is only 3 miles away from the AFB!!!). the DZ in Toole had to shut down cause of financail reasons!! but then there is the one in lehi but its a good drive ...... but we have a caravan now so itll get you up to 12500-13000ft AGL which is pretty damn good considering earlier this year we where jumping cessna's!!!...wceviper is up here right now but I cant get ahold of him...I think I may have written down his # wrong..so if you read this jason PM me your # again if your still here!!

We'll I better get my BOOK OF MORMON warmed up and get ready to do some converting......I'll have you loving Joseph Smith before you know it!!;)... (J/K) ( dont worry...I'm a heethen!!!)B|!!!

jason
Freedom of speech includes volume

Utah does have some KICK ASS snow boarding. Alta, Solitude, Snow bird, and whatever else is up that canyon kick ass!! Oh did I mention the snow there KICKS ASS!!! I'm sure the skydiving is a bit lacking...that's why I live in Georgia. It's warm here a lot more often. ;) I'd rather skydive than snowboard any day. Make the best of it though and have fun.

only one thing pissed me off about the whole thing...it's still high altitude and not near sea level so they don't go to 14k.....

Ahhh...but young grasshopper, the swoop factor is higher at altitude...and you don't have to downsize to get your swoop on...
-----
~~~Michael

only one thing pissed me off about the whole thing...it's still high altitude and not near sea level so they don't go to 14k.....

Oh don't be fooled, I got over 14k 4 out of 10 jumps this weekend....

3-2-1-cya
Don't take life too serious, you will never get out alive!

Utah is a very nice place. I am not there anymore, but work may send me out there again in a couple of months. Awesome mountain ranges, Blue skys, and light wind most of the time i was there.

-Jason
You may push me around, but you cannot win!
You may throw me down, but i'll rise again!

ummm....wingie I'm pretty sure that the elevation is lower than Calhan.

i know this kelli!!!! but it isn't sea level over there either!!!!!!!!!

clay,
you'll have to come visit then...i also snowboard and am wanting to compare those mountains to the austrian alps......

wffc,
i know the swoop factor is higher up here in colorado...and with calhan being at over 6k msl my sabre 150 flew plenty fast for me.......but i never got a better swoop though under a 170 spectre at the wffc........