Ifrinn

kinda weird

I don't give a shit about polytics..

But I don't understand how a president of such a fine country like USA waves to a fine american [crazyartist who happems to be blind, and hopes he will wave back!!! :S

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

Good point! An awful lot of countries find it very easy to ask the US for money- Then ask for the loan to be forgiven because the money was squandered on some civil war that left thier economy (if there even was one to start with) in a shambles--

And of course, if it's on TV it MUST be true! Reporters never twist facts or push thier own liberal agenda!

Easy Does It

"when the UN troops get in over thier head we need to bail them out"
Right now, the UN troops are in Paraguay. There is a 9-year old girl with 6 overdue library books and she refuses to return them. The situation seems to have a really unfair balance of force and it may be escalating, but I say we don't bail them out this time. ;)

Och silly me, I thought the US was part of the UN, damn, shoud have known better......Its a good job you guys are here to to show the rest of the world how to do things.....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I think Bush is a genious. He is going to successfully pull of this little family vendetta against Iraq. I don't think it is as much about oil as it is about helping Daddy and his helpers (now his own helpers) finish what they could not finish a couple of years ago.

Second, I think he is doing a great job keeping everybodies mind off the fact that your economy is completely tanking.

Third he must be a genius, because he got himself elected with a minority of votes in a country that claims to adhere to democratic principles.

Bashing Bush really serves no purpose on here. Bush has dramatically increased spending in the US military. Many of the US skydivers on here have a military background and therefor will support him no matter what.

"Och silly me, I thought the US was part of the UN, damn, shoud have known better......Its a good job you guys are here to to show the rest of the world how to do things..... "
ok, the US is kind of a part. There is the US, Urop, Russia, Arabs, and the countries classifed under "other" with that little * beside it. We have been trying to bring culture to some countries, but with the exception of Mexico, none really understands how to cook barbeque. There has to be a starting point. We tried with The Great White North, but moose doesn't have the right amount of fat. B|

Don't get me wrong man, I'm not 'bashing the bush' as it were, see my earlier posts in this thread. I'm just blethering with some virtual chums.
"skydivers on here have a military background and therefor will support him no matter what."

Yeah, I know, various civilised discussions with the sarge in the past have shown an admirable loyalty.

hehe
its pub time here in Scotland
so cya later
D
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I agree he directs attention toward Iraq instead of the economy because they (the media and the Dems)will blame W. for a sluggish economy.

What should be talked about (if you want to talk about the economy) is how the Clinton Administration altered the accounting numbers during his last term to show a "strong economy" when it was already turning south.

Again, as the media goes, political blindness is ugly.....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

looking forward to what you're coming up with...

Not much so far. Is that Deutch or Austrian. I can't find much in the way of Austrian translators. I'm actually recognizing some of it on my own. The October fest pics were cool. What memories...fuzzy but good!!! Those beer tents are amazing and that has to be the best roasted chicken I have ever had.

The reason Americans (well, some of them anyway) like Bush, and Europeans don't, is that there's a very strong streak of anti-intellectualism in America that makes a lot of Americans not really mind that the guy in charge of our country isn't very bright.

This phenomenon doesn't seem to exist in Europe. So they understandably express dismay that so much power is being thrown around by a President who's inarticulate, not very knowledgeable about other countries, dismissive of complexity and other points of view, and generally shifty.

The thing that bugs me the most in discussions about Bush is when people say, "well, he may not be the smartest guy on earth, but at least he's honest and he means what he says." BULLSHIT. I'm not a fan of Clinton either, but anyone who watches Bush in a back-and-forth exchange for more than 5 minutes and can't tell that he's a born liar is just plain blind.

The general pattern: 1) factual assertion or question on some issue by other party, 2) emotion-based, essentially substance-less response by Bush. Sample: Q: "you say you're for [x], but didn't you support this bill such-and-such in 19-whatever that did [y]?" A: "I'm a good guy. I support [x]." I have never once heard him give a complete and specific answer to any penetrating question. And I don't care if "well, Clinton didn't either, blah blah blah." We're talking about Bush. :P

Joe

I don't see Bush the same way you do I guess. I see him as an extremely smart man whose intelligence is being blasted by the opposite party, the media and the uniformed. People, along with other countries, take the media spin as truth without looking into fact.

You don't get to be President of the US unless you are smart or a good liar.

I think that covers the last two Presidents huh ??:P

By the way, Europeans are so damn liberal I really don't care what they think anymore!! Politically anyway......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It's in Swiss German with a zurich dialect, you might find it somewhat hard to get an online transaltion for that one, but keep on trying, you never know...:ph34r:

how high can you fly with broken wings ...
life's a journey not a destination

True, perceptions can differ, but I do try to base mine on what I consider to be reliable evidence, like listening to what he says and reading transcripts of it.

I don't really agree with you that a politician needs to be noticeably smart to succeed in politics. A politician needs to be able to raise money and make people feel good. Sadly, they don't need to be able to win fair and open debates, or solve complicated social problems. Sure, they can't be Down's Syndrome-slow, and Bush is certainly smarter than a lot of people, but the Presidency is a tough job, and that's not good enough for me. And actually, he got to be President because the Supreme Court said so, not because he was elected... ;)

On Europeans, if you think they're all liberal, read some articles about French politics sometime. Not so.

Joe