dropdeded

Transition to....question

Good question - at 100+ jumps I STILL don't know.

In "the middle of nowhere, Canada" we have a 9000 ft C-182 and a VERY long drive to get to anything that would allow serious freeflying - or instruction from those who KNOW how to teach it. But...

the first time I did a Sit exit for my Solo CoP I KNEW that non B-T-E flying was going to be something I'd like very much. IMHO, at 26 jumps you won't have a base of experience (yet) and just about EVERYTHING you do in the sky should excite and/or scare you a bit.

Are you bored of 2 ways? I have more 2 ways than you have jumps (per your profile) and I'm only BEGINNING to unlock the secret of the 'fun' part of RW. How 'bout advanced solo moves? Style and accuracy is a classic way to measure how good you are in the air and under canopy. I figured I should be good at accuray landing in ALL conditions before downsizing (still working at it) as well as be able to do a clean style set at competition speed before I start "wasting" jumps on "tumblefuqs" (hi guys, please reprint your "philosophy")

For what we pay to play in this sport, it had BETTER be fun. Bored? Maybe it's a good time to chat with a Coach about where you're at and how to ramp up the skills curve again. Been there, done that, it works.
Blue Skies

The Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

At 40 jumps, about the only thing I'm good at is getting on the plane (I haven't tripped there, yet...). Exits, flying, canopy, landing...not good there at all.

I figure if I just keep doing what I am good at, the rest will come...;)

Ciels and Pinks-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Didnt mean bored jumpin at all,sorry,bored cause Im grounded.I personally have no idea where I will be in this sport at 100,500,5000 jumps.EVERYTHING sounds like a blast.I love belly flyin,freeflyin sounds very exciting,CReW,Im definately gonna get there,someday,wingsuit,someday.
dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Hey Michele: You are doing plenty of things right! You are landing safe and having fun. Remember when you crawled alot before you ran? Same thing. Hang in there. Everyone with 1,000 jumps first had to have 40. Keep smiling and have fun!

I think one of my "obstacles" is working too hard at the dive, and I kinda forget to smile and have fun- When I am able to relax and have fun I find I do well (reasonably well anyway-)
The hard part seems to be relaxing! I have made a decision to concentrate on developing good RW skills and becoming fairly proficient in that area before moving on to FreeFly- (that and it gives me more time to save up for a new, FF friendly rig-)
And I LOVE floating exits! Put me on rear or center float anytime!

Easy Does It

I thought initially that I wanted to be a freeflier. I tried it and it really didn't do much for me. I ended up dabbling in FF and RW for my first season. I went to the tunnel during the winter after that season and really got turned on to RW. now i'm addicted to 4way, the tunnel and all that comes with... i still play around occasionally with FF< but RW is home :)