Airhead

Skychick Beauty Tips...?

I wish I could be the girl who didn't need to wear makeup, more than anything, but unfoortunately, god has blessed me with really light skin and every imperfection I have on my face shwos right through so unfortunately concealer (or a tan) is my daily ritual...but more than anything I wish I was one of those girls who had perfect skin and did not need it...If I didn't need it, I wouldn't use it!!! ( but mascara does help a lot ;))

"skin and every imperfection I have on my face shwos right through "

Wear your tops with more cleavage showing. You won't have to worry about the eye-contact thing anymore. ;) I'm just a problem solver. :ph34r:

Don't forget the daisy dukes. Panties are a no-no as well.

"I'm going ugly early" Ahhhh...a light in yonder window beckons...:ph34r:
"this is a sport not a beauty contest"
In the Miss America pageant, there is 3 sections. 1-The talent section, largely ignored. 2-That doofy question/answer at the end, totally ignored except for major smirking and Jay Leno source material. 3-The swimwear event.
See where I'm going with this. My team wins 10-way speed every year because we have the best t-shirts. We look marvelous. We don't have a question/answer section and we don't do that well in the talent portion, so we concentrate on the apparel section of the event. We rawk. Totally the best-dressed.

>I wish I could be the girl who didn't need to wear makeup, more than
> anything, but unfoortunately, god has blessed me with really light
> skin and every imperfection I have on my face shwos right through
> so unfortunately concealer (or a tan) is my daily ritual...

I once worked with this woman who used makeup like that, to cover something up. It started to really creep me out. What was she hiding? Some sticky rash or something?

Then one day on a business trip I saw her without makeup. She had some acne scars, that was it. She looked ten times better without the goo, and she didn't creep me out any more.

I think a lot of people feel like there is some need to conform to whatever the latest ideal of beauty is - whether it's perfect skin, or the right tan, or the latest hairstyle. It takes a while to discover that those things are not only not real, they often get in the way of finding the real person. They become a disguise rather than something that just makes you feel good. And if there are people out there who are attracted to your disguise instead of you? Believe me, they're not worth knowing.

Anyway, bottom line is you don't need to wear makeup. Wear it if it pleases you to do so - there is no other reason you should do it, no other reason you need to.

When it comes to women and war paint... I refer back to these colloquialisms...

"She thinks she's hot shit. But, she's nuthin' but a warmed-up fart."

"Whole lotta packaging for a whole lotta nuthin'."

For my tastes, putting on the natural makeup is okay. Going "all hands on deck"--spending 40 minutes on the hair and another 20 on the war paint, then reapplying/spramping in my car on the way to our destination... is a buzzkill.

I'm kinda into the goth/jaded type anyway so the needlessness of makeup is something I'm actually looking for. Besides, we're all the same when the lights are turned off... ;)

wow, thank you billvon, that made me feel better! I have been wearing a light foundation ever since I was 13 or so because of my fair skin...people say it doesn't look like I am wearing a lot, and it makes me feel better. but trust me, if you don't have perfect skin, you really don't know how good it is to have it! I don't think my makeup has anything to do w/ skydiving either way...

god has blessed me with really light skin and every imperfection I have on my face shwos right through so unfortunately concealer (or a tan) is my daily ritual

See here's part of the problem. It's not a feature, it's an imperfection. The subconscious message being "I have to be perfect."

I'm not lecturing cuz I'm as guilty as anyone else. I shave my head because I hate the balding look. Always have. Made me feel old. Since I've lost weight I've been obsessively monitoring the scale to make sure I don't put it back on.

Women are pressured by pop culture to have perfect, unblemished faces and svelte figures. Guys are pressured to have this thick head of hair and be buff. And unfortunately our thinking, our notions of beauty, are shaped by pop culture, even if it is subconsciously.

It's kind of a shame that we can't be ourselves and be accepted at face value. I guess as long as it doesn't turn into an obsession it's OK to do little things to maybe make yourself feel more attractive. And like I said, this applies to guys as well as girls.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I wear whatever is cheapest at Wal-Mart. Yeah, it doesn't last long but I feel better in it! As far as all theese deep arguments...I really don't think it's that big of a deal! If it makes you feel better wear it if not, then don't! I don't feel like it has all theese deep inner meanings attached to it! It's just make-up!

HUMPH! I'm putting on my war paints....I'm on the path again....
red is for the anger that you put me through...
and for all those nights I felt alone....I'll wear a shade of blue....
I'll add a dash of yellow for the coward that you've been and the black will be the nights ahead and my shadow in your bed......:P:P:P

"HUMPH! I'm putting on my war paints....I'm on the path again....
red is for the anger that you put me through... "

Hey, guys... here is a good guideline. If your g/f asks you, "Do you think I'm prettier than her?" The incorrect answer would be "Who?" It will produce the reponse shown above. Plus, you sign yourself up for a casual interrogation of the type referred to as "The Spanish Inquisition".
Other incorrect answers. 1-Not prettier, just pretty in a different way. (sounds dodgy). 2-I don't know how one goes about rating such things. (sounds ignorant). 3-I bet you have a better personality. (women use the code for homely women alread). 4-Only in the sense that she's younger and thinner. (only use if you are in politics, tough to carry). 5-Could you repeat the question? (sounds like you are stalling).
Best answer- Does a bear crap in the woods? Decisive, strong, yet vague. Walk away quickly before the followup. :ph34r: Just here to help.

Actually guys, you should compliment your woman enough so that she doesn't have to fish for compliments. Just here to help. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Guys are pressured to have this thick head of hair and be buff.

Eh... not really... only for the shallow girls. And for the *really* shallow ones, all it takes is just dangling $$$ to get their attention (i.e. Anna Nicole).

I'm not buff... and I just buzzed my head. But then, I'm not balding so I don't really worry about it much and could go back to having hair if I want.

There are some really ugly guys out there who get a lot of action. We humans tend to judge and classify things; hence the stereotyping. It's all about your 'tude, baby! ;)

I usually skip the make-up when I jumping....who needs flaking mascara at 14,000'? Actually, who needs flaking mascara at all? I have problems with wind burn more than anything, so I use a lot of sunscreen, moisturizer, and lip balm. The only stuff I found that keeps my skin from turning into a desert is Prescriptives "Flight Cream". How appropriate is that????;)

I hear ya sistah!
Guys THINK ;) they like the natural look...when actually more often than not, it took some "doing" to get looking like that!
YOU KNOW when you've taken a little extra time to look, um, let's say "better", it pays off...'cause even in the same day, same clothes, et cetera, I have gotten completely different reactions from people- double takesB| even- when all that I've done is simply to fix my hair 'prettier' (like no ponytail or clipped up) and put on just a subtle makeup.
Know what I mean? I think you DO:)

"My fav joke. Girls getting first tandem. Getting video. "You look great."
Haha-HA! that is TOO FUNNY:D! Now that I think about it, THAT was the first and last time I wore make up jumping, too.
At this point in time, it's just that I gotta get up REALLY EARLY IN THE AM - 4:30AM- to get to everything done that I want to do THEN drive 90 miles to the DZ where I'm in student training. Right now I'm keeping everything simple... Getting up in the AM to go to the DZ: I basically just drag myself outa bed, do some yoga(stretches), pack a cooler and grab coffee and hit the long road to the DZ.

Hah, I love it when we get first time jumper girls that are all concerned about their makeup. There were these two girls that both biffed their landing and were crying. They were all upset--not because they biffed, but because they had RACOON EYES! C'MON!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

HEY Kelly! I'm with you. Give me my eyeliner! and all you gals cool enough to skip it are awesome, you have my respect. But when I look at myself in the mirror first thing in the morning, my hand reaches for the mascara before the coffee. Just a way of life, I guess. Hope that doesn't make me a crappy skydiver... I think my flying takes care of that! LOL

Cool thing is, at the DZ, we all get to be how we want. If you're nice, you got friends. If you're not, don't really matter how great you fly your body or how hot you look in your jumpsuit. You know? Mean people suck the world over.

Mandy

Loreal and i have gone through a lot of rough times...but it stays on right through the next day! Sorry, but im all about eye art!

---
www.facebook.com/mandyhamptonfitch