geanky

Don't forget to pull

Wow that totally cumpled the front pillar! That's crazy. nice shot of the entrails there falling to the floor...

When I was 18 I was driving into town with my GF and we saw the lights of the car coming towards us blink for a sec, then the car veer into the ditch. We came to the car, ran out, the guy was ok, but it looked like his truck had been hit from the front AND side. Turns out he hit a moose, and only hit 1/2 of it, the first part crumpled the front end, the other half hinged around and crumpled the passenger side. I looked around, and ran down the road (being the animal loving hippie I am) and found the moose, still barely alive, in the middle of the road. He looked fine but when I approached him, he lifted his head to look at me, and I could see that 1/2 of his skull had been sheared straight off (like in hannibal). I crouched next to him, and in about 20 seconds he let out a big huff, and died. Sad thing really. It was interesting, that when I went up to him, he didn't move (likely cuz he was liquified inside), but when I was crouched next to him, it was like he knew I wasn't there to hurt him, just to be there when he died. I've seen the frantic look in an animal's eyes when they know they're doomed by your hand (hunting), but this guy, he was different.
I've always had alot of respect for moose. Very cool creatures. A while afterwards, in retrospect, that night contributed to my becoming vegan.

oh my god thats sad:(
A moose hit me once too. If we were once second later, we would have been killed...I couldn't drive for 5 years because of that. His head hit the windshield and to this day all I can remember is seeing his big brown eye staring at me right before the windsheild smashed...scary stuff...
I saw a cow being born a year later and ever since that day I have been a veggie-tarian...almost. I do eat chicken mastectomies and fish, but no mammal, nothing near a bone...not that chickens have less feelings but I give you a lot of credit for being a vegan...it is very hard...
so, where do you stand on jello?

"chickens have less feelings but I give you a lot of credit for being a vegan.."
Personally, I believe chickens were once vegetables. Look at their legs and feet, like little roots. ;) There they were...hanging out on their row...talking to the the bell peppers, when here comes the farmer...They just felt threatened, tugged on their little roots and sprinted. Of course, this is just a theory. :D

The buck forgot to duck...VENISON FOR SUPPER! Just in time for deer season too!

Seriously, Odocoileus virginianus versus car is always bad news. A friend of mine at work is still getting physical therapy 2x a week from a low-flying deer through the windshield one night last year.

There are places in the US where deer are so plentiful they're a hazard.

That's a lucky driver, and frankly if I were him, I'd take perverse delight in cooking and eating that sumbitch what whacked my car and darn near killed me...B|

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

How many of you can say you've eaten road kill?

I can claim that one. We were once driving back froma trip into the woods one night an killed an Armadillo. The chics father said he could cook it so we stopped an he picked it up. ShoreNuff he roasted it an we ate it. I tried a few bites an it wasn't bad to tell you the truth.

Only in Texas I guess.....

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

i hit one with a freightliner before. broke off the headlights (old style hood) and bent the bumper back about an inch. of course, freightliners are a little tougher than dodges. bumped into a moose one time too. big cow, running straight downt he highway in front of me. i dropped anchor and just bumped her in the butt. she was big enough that she turned an looked at me over the hood, which is about 6 1/2 feet off the ground. :S wouldn't want to hit her at speed.

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Cheese and Rice!!!

I saw this poor guy on Ft. Campbell one morning. I was driving past the Officers club on my way to work. You basically drive through a golf course going that way and there are LOTS of deer around most of the time. I saw a couple run across the road full speed. I'm talkin like 40 MPH. Well...this guy about 100 yards ahead of me saw them too so he stopped. There he sat, Stopped in the road. This small 8 Point buck runs full speed into the side of his car. It was a Honda Civic I think and it absolutely crushed in the front fender. Poor deer was laying on the ground in an epileptic looking fit. I really wanted to get out and pop it in the head with my .40 to put him out of his misery but since I was 300 Yds INSIDE a military post I thought better of it. [:/]

How many of you can say you've eaten road kill?

Yep...I skipped school one day when this poor guy wandered up to the house. He had a doe jump right into his windshield out in front of the house. It wasn't near as bad as those pics but did take out his entire windshield. The left shoulder and hind quarter were all bruised and trashed but the right side and both back straps were fine. I had it in the freezer within a couple of hours!!! B| Wait....does this fall under the "You might be a redneck if.." thing? :D Certainly not as bad as Armadillo......:ph34r:

If you look at the pics from the front, it looks like Buck at least tried to track away from the car. Valiant effort Buck...
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

In Texas, particularly in south texas and central texas, deer infest everything (or I should say, we infest the deer). Every time I used to drive I-37 from Corpus Christi to San Antonio at night I would get the shivers and leave the high beams on, because the deer come out of the desert brush and will start feeding in the median on the freeway.

All the havelina that are also hiding close to the road drive the deer out onto the freeway at night because they won't approach cars, but deer have no fear of high-speed vehicles. My uncle has totalled a 1984 GMC Sierra hitting a 13-pt buck not too long ago.

B|