Skyrose7

help!

Ok, I need help. My roomie came out and made a couple jumps this season and ended up dating one of the pilots out there. There were really cute and talked every day, but were an hour away from each other. I hang out with all the guys out there, including him. THis weekend, when he wasn't there. The guys were talking about how he is trying to date this other girl. I think maybe they forgot I was sitting right in front of them? So, I get home and my roomate thinks he has something going on anyway and asks me. I told her the guys were joking around about some other girl, but I don't know for sure. I told I didn't have a good feeling about it. Now, she wants me to go there today and find out for sure what is going on. I don't want to be the dz hag that ruins everyone's fun, but, this is my best friend. oh, an though I am already in the middle of this, I don't wanna be!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

Not only that, but you don't want to be the inbetween in anything like that. Being in the middle in situations like that suck.

Tell her to find out with out putting you in the middle, since it would jeopordize your relationships (friendships) at the DZ. She should understand if she's truely a friend.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

ok, so the only problem with that is his phone got shut off (I know that was not done voluntarily). I usually don't get involved in this shit, but I guess only being there for a year might 'splain that.:S

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MaryRose

Yeah, first tell her that you can't be the snoop and that you're in a situation where these are a bunch of your friends but that you understand and will talk to them and to him since he/they should have known that they were putting you into an awkward position. Next, talk to him and you can casually say, "Hey dick, if I bring someone out here (especially, a roommate) then treat them with the same respect that you treat me. You know you're putting me in the middle of this and it's not where I want to be."

But...if she wants to keep jumping then tell her to play stupid but to not talk to him any more. Just tell her to always come out looking hot and rub it in his face that he can't have her.

-Doug
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

My advise? Tell everyone involved to leave you out. I have a policy to not repeat anything I've heard. Had you kept this tidbit to your self you wouldn't be in the middle and forced to choose sides. I know she's your best friend, but this is a lose - lose situation and no matter how you slice it you'll come out looking like "the dz hag."
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Tell her that getting an extra boyfriends cancels out his extra girlfriend.

Can't argue wih Val's logic.... BUT should you tell (and which BF) if you give a drunken kiss to some stranger?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Can't argue wih Val's logic.... BUT should you tell (and which BF) if you give a drunken kiss to some stranger?

:D Oh no....not again.... But, I guess if she had two boyfriends, one could always be a trial run. She wouldn't have to ask "Should I tell him...?" Just try it on one, see what happens, then you'll know what the second one's gonna do.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I once told my best friend that his gf was screwing around (I actually caught her in the act) with one of his other friends. He punched me in the face and didn't talk to me for months (until he caught her himself). Don't get involved. You already told her what you heard, tell her the rest is up to her.

awww, c'mon....are we back to that thread?

if you give a drunken kiss to some stranger?

If I drunkenly kiss a stranger, it doesn't matter who I tell.;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MaryRose

I feel for you Skyrose7. I know you were trying to be good to your friend. Let me tell you a little story. I have a friend who was being jerked around by his girlfriend. She would leave him one week then come back the next. One week she was striaght then next bi and dating women. One week she was all lovey, the next she didn't want to be touched . . . you get the idea. He was having a really tough time and asked me if I thought he should put up with it. Being a good friend I told him the truth. I said I wouldn't put up with the crap she was dealing and I'd kick her to the curb. He ended up marrying her and our relationship was never the same. Now when people ask me my opinion and I know the answer isn't what they want to hear I simply tell them they don't want to know what I have to say and leave it at that. I know you tried to do the right thing, but sometimes doing the right thing puts your butt in someone else's sling.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

I think everyone should have a spare........hehehe

Good point, the only bad thing about Spares is that they are almost always smaller in diameter and you have to slow down to a safe speed...
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

"If I drunkenly kiss a stranger, it doesn't matter who I tell."
A 65yo man goes into a confessional. The first thing he tells the priest is, "Last night, I left the bar with beautiful 18yo twins. We had wonderful sex all night long." The priest asks, "How long has it been since you went to confession?" The man replies, "I'm Jewish, I've never been." "If you are Jewish, why are you telling me?" "Are you kidding? I'm telling everyone." :D

I think you've done enough for your friend. Let her do her own dirty work. This pilot may not 'actually' be trying to get a date with the other woman. The guys may just be joking about him 'trying' to get a date.

The 2 best answers to open ended questions:

1. I don't know.

2. What do you think?

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken