jtval

FUKN phone

Unfortunately I am ready to disconnect my fukn phone. I am sooooo sick of these damn solicitors. I need a good cell phone(remote control)
I believe you dont get any bullshit phone calls on those .RIgHT?? just form those you gave the # to, rihgt?
My photos

My Videos

I've never got a solicitor calling on my cell and I've had it for at least a year. Sometimes a few wrong numbers, but no solicitors.

Everyone has a different way to handle those telemarketing calls, but here is mine. I've noticed that most of them use these auto-dialers, so when you pick up the phone and say "Hello," it takes a few seconds for them to pick up the phone and reply. If I answer a call and get no immediate response, I hang up. If it was someone I know, they will call back. This has worked about 90-95% of the time. There are still a few who don't use the auto-dialers and you get screwed, but at least I've avoided most of them. Good luck!

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

I pay the phone company $5/month to block calls that don't provide caller ID. The blocked callers can still get through if they're willing to record their name. Sales calls don't bother.

I've gone from multiple sales calls and multiple hangups per day to none. NONE. It doesn't even ring. Just peace and quiet.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I had some MCI prick call me at 9 pm. The fucking nerve. I told the little pecker to piss off and never call again. The bastard crank called me for a couple hours. What a bitch. SO, I called my buddie at 911 and told him that I was going to forward my # to him so when he calls back the number would show up at 911. When he called again my buddie pretended to be me and got a recording of the faggot along with his phone #. :)B|B|
I would have much liked to B| those guys in the eye.

wish i could say the same. There is a law however, that states basically:

If a sales person calls, get their company, and number. Ask to be taken off their mailing list. If they call again within 1 yr you can sue for up to $2000. That is half way to a new rig!!!!!

cant do that when is a recorded call!>:(
thanks Narcimund! i will check into that!
My photos

My Videos

Your profile says you live in NY state. There's a "The New York "Do Not Call" Registry" listing/law. If you get your name on that the only people that are legally allowed to call are ones you contact first. It has worked well for my parents. Check out the site and put your name/numbers on it. Here's the online form. matt

Your profile says you live in NY state. There's a "The New York "Do Not Call" Registry" listing/law. If you get your name on that the only people that are legally allowed to call are ones you contact first. It has worked well for my parents. Check out the site and put your name/numbers on it. Here's the online form. matt

I need to update my profile. thanks! I actually live in Las Vegas now, Even though I am STILL a NYer at heart!
My photos

My Videos

You can sue anyone for any amount of money at any time - I don't think there's a law anywhere that specifies you can sue and win from telephone solicitors.
Ya know - I used to work for the phone company and I could never get a straight answer about solicitors on cell phones. I've never gotten one on any of mine, and I've have four or five different ones over the course of about 10 years now. I had one person tell me it's against the law for solicitors to call you on them, because of the cost-shifting involved (meaning, you are paying for the airtime of having them call you). But I don't know if that's true. I do suspect that there is SOMETHING going on - otherwise, I should have gotten at least one solicitation in ten years.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Can't you just get caller ID? I only pay a few bucks extra for it every month and I love it. If the call comes up "unavailable" I just don't answer. As for cell phones, I've never had any telemarketers call mine, and I'd be pissed if they did, being I'd have to pay for it.

Has anybody here ever had a solicting call on their cell phone? I would think (hope) that there are laws against that, because, again, the person recieving the call pays for it.

Unfortunately I am ready to disconnect my fukn phone. I am sooooo sick of these damn solicitors. I need a good cell phone(remote control)
I believe you dont get any bullshit phone calls on those .RIgHT?? just form those you gave the # to, rihgt?

Ever tried a gadget called The Phone Butler.....stops solicitors in their tracks!!

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter

If a sales person calls, get their company, and number. Ask to be taken off their mailing list. If they call again within 1 yr you can sue for up to $2000. That is half way to a new rig!!!!!

I actually looked into this once. The law states that the telemarketer must call you TWO TIMES in the span of a year AFTER you request to be placed on the do-not-call list to be in violation of the FCC rules on this.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

Can't you just get caller ID? I only pay a few bucks extra for it every month and I love it. If the call comes up "unavailable" I just don't answer. As for cell phones, I've never had any telemarketers call mine, and I'd be pissed if they did, being I'd have to pay for it.

Has anybody here ever had a solicting call on their cell phone? I would think (hope) that there are laws against that, because, again, the person recieving the call pays for it.

i got caller id but if i dont answer it the machine picks up and it gives me a busy tone all day...
the whiole reason i dont want them dcalling though is my work shift makes me sleep during the day and I got these assholes calling every 15 minutes!>:(>:(>:(
My photos

My Videos

The program each state has may be different in fines. In PA it's $1000 for people that requested no solicitations D-N-S and if over 64 it's $3000 for targeting Senior Citizens. I work for The Largest Local service Phone CO. as a Service Tech and I give EVERY customer the Info. It's not a company policy, it's just that I hate being bugged and I want to spare others too.

Southwestern Bell has Privacy Manager, it's good at screening out all the anonymous and no-caller-id callers. They get a prompt and must say their name before your phone rings. If I don't know who it is I sent it to VMX or if it's a company I push the option to tell them to go away.

When I'm eating, I usually just pick the phone up off the receiver and turn off my cell. Works every time.:)

I hear ya JT, I work nights so daytime is sleep time for me also. I got a cell after working nights and NO MORE TELEMARKETERS! It's nice to be able to adjust the ringer or just turn it off, still getting messages which you can return at your convenience......like 4 days later, I'm such a lazy bastard.;)

and I'd be pissed if they did, being I'd have to pay for it.

Hmm do your mobile phones work on a different system? Here in Australia you aren't charged for receiving calls the person making the call is... And your calls are charged on a per minute rate varying at different times..
I've never gotten those telemarketer people ring my mobile and for a while here i think there were large campaignes of sms message advertisments but then i think that was banned B| No annoying bastards bugging me B|

I believe that in most cases here, both incoming and outgoing calls deduct from your "pool" of monthly minutes. Many plans have a different amount of daytime/nightime/weekend minutes. I love the "5000 minutes a month for $29.95" Ya, 200 "peak time" minutes (Mon-Fri 7am to 9pm) and 4800 night a weekend minutes! Damn cell phones:P

Oh, man. I'm so disappointed. I mean, y'all are skydivers!! I would think you would think of MUCH more creative ways to deal with telemarketers. Now come on, I wanna hear some REALLY creative ways to respond to unsolicited phone calls!;)

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

When I did get those calls, as soon as I knew it was one of the weasels I would say "hold on a minute", come back 10 minutes later and if they were still on the phone (which they sometimes were), just laugh at 'em and hang up. Sometimes I would stop them in the beginning and dish them out something like..."Have you ever heard of a great opportunity called AmWay??", then go from there. Anything to fu#k with those people and momentairily humor myself:D