Slappie

Unreal Tournament 2003

To start off this thread I am a serious {when I had cable} gamer!! B| I'm dialup right now from home so it's been hard for me to play online FPS for quite awhile.

Well.. I decided I'd buy UT2k3 this weekend to brush up with the bots ect.. Then I decided to try an play online. I have been pleasently surprised! I can play online an even be competive again!

We need a dz.com tourney! Leave a msg with this thread if your interested in playing online. Doesn't have to be UT2k3, I also have a nice server with decent ping for Counter Strike. So let's see what we can come up with. The winter is coming an that means snow an rain in alot of places.. So let's see if we can play!

Lemme know B|

I will not brag about my l33t sk|llz ;)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Oh forgot to add CompUSA has UT2k3 for $39 it's normaly $49

Don't know how long the sale is... Good luck..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I've had UT2003 for a couple of weeks now and I was disappointed with it. No doubt the visuals are stunning, but there isn't sufficet advancement on the gameplay from it's predecessor to back up that wow factor. Not to mention that my favourite 'Assault' maps havegone. I can only hope for some decent maps and mods to right this.
That said, I'm up for some serious online fragging with it.B| I'll have to check my version of Counter Strike too and patch it up as I haven't played it for a while.
I will not brag about my 56k modem. :P

Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

It's extremely nice graphics. I'm not even pushing the limits of the graphics. I'm using a GeForce2 an 1024x768 LCD screen. I'm sure with a better setup the graphics would be insane! The maps are much more detailed an way bigger. The game play is alot better. I love the usuall games like CTF & DM but they added one called Bombing Run.. It has to be played to get the feel for it.

BR = Football [US Style] with guns you have 2 teams. You fight for control of a "ball" an to score you have to get to the others base. Unlike CTF when you have the "ball" you can only pass it or throw it away. You may not use your guns or transmutor.

I'm addicted to it!!

I'd like to play Quake III via dialup with others similarly equipped. I think there should be restricting of players arranged according to ping rates, so that those who are handicapped by dialup have a chance.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Dude count me in for CS or RtCW or Q3. I have played the demo for UT2003, but have not bought the game yet.

AIM or ICQ me if you want to play ... I'ts been a few months since I havce played, so I might need to download some patches for the games.

AIM: Toy4Matt

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

UT2003 is nothing special. The only thing that I have noticed that is markably better that the older unreal tournament is that the graphics are better. But graphics don't equal fun. It's still slower and "clunkier" than Quake3. Think I'll stick with Id for now.

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Its hilarious, specially if I get to have the most kills in my team ;). Then All my teammates are noobs! LOL!

It also works the other way around...if I'm playing awful...I can always say that I'm a noob, and that anyone with a worse score than me, has to be a noob too. B|

Chivo

To start off this thread I am a serious {when I had cable} gamer!! B| I'm dialup right now from home so it's been hard for me to play online FPS for quite awhile.

Well.. I decided I'd buy UT2k3 this weekend to brush up with the bots ect.. Then I decided to try an play online. I have been pleasently surprised! I can play online an even be competive again!

We need a dz.com tourney! Leave a msg with this thread if your interested in playing online. Doesn't have to be UT2k3, I also have a nice server with decent ping for Counter Strike. So let's see what we can come up with. The winter is coming an that means snow an rain in alot of places.. So let's see if we can play!

Lemme know B|

I will not brag about my l33t sk|llz ;)

Why don't we schedule a date/time/server to play Q3?

BTW - my game name is "Porklips Now".
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Just a note. Let try an decided when an where. I think everyone coming to a chat room one night a week. Who knows we could make this a weekly thing where we're the SkydiverFromHell an take over servers :)

Anyways, I'll work on getting a chat room an link up for those who don't have mIRC. if your familiar with the Wed. Night Happy Hour chats then it's the same server [mIRC / pIRCH irc.extremexweb.com] room will be #DZ-GamerZ B|