mouth

It's beginning to look alot .....

Kriss...

It is actually a mixture of spices and applesauce that you bake. The smell last quite a long time (hint...I hang one in my car to freshen it and make it smell festive).

I'll forward the exact receipe to you when I get home.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Please don't get me started......Lucky - I will show you lucky.......reflect......reflect......you have to be fucking kidding me.......

No, I'm not.

I must keep telling myself, not gonna get into the theological end on DZ.com......not gonna get into the theological end on DZ.com.........not gonna get into the theological end on DZ.com......

OK, I'm all better now.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

The holidays are a wonderful time to reflect on just how lucky we are, among other things.

But you can do that any day of the year, and it doesn't have to cost a small fortune!

And it doesn't have to cost a small fortune this time of year either.

If you think it does, then you have your reasons mixed up.

Question: How many Athiests do you think celebrate Christmas?
It's your life, live it!

Argh. Christmas.

There's no room for a tree in my house. My dogs would destroy it anyway. Plus the kid isn't here anymore; it's just me, why bother? I'll bring out the manger and put it on the entertainment center about 2 weeks before; that's going to be the extent of my Xmas decorating this year.

I did used to get into it when my son was little. Nothing quite like the look on a little kid's face when they're sitting in front of the tree waiting to open that big pile of presents on Xmas morning...

Question for all you guys.

Do you wrap everything for your Kids? I wrap every single thing seperately... no bags. Santa stuff is wrapped in paper the girls haven't seen and then passed on to a neighbor to finish the roll. I even wrap the stuff that goes into their stockings!

--
Hot Mama

I usually wrap everything....when they were younger we always left big stuff like bikes and dollhouses out with big bows on them. None of them believe in santa anymore so everything is wrapped. I also wrap the stocking stuffers. They think that is the best part...all of these little presents they get to open in their stockings..:)

Question for all you guys.

Do you wrap everything for your Kids? I wrap every single thing seperately... no bags. Santa stuff is wrapped in paper the girls haven't seen and then passed on to a neighbor to finish the roll. I even wrap the stuff that goes into their stockings!

That's me to a T.
It's your life, live it!

Do you wrap everything for your Kids?

Wull, yeah! Unwrapping is the best part!

I always used paper he hadn't seen for Santa presents. I used to always use something with Santa on it; only Santa presents got wrapped in Santa paper.

And yes... I wrap stocking stuffers too. :$

I have a tiny fiber optics tree. I have a tiny place, with a tiny table, so that's where it goes. If I bother to get it out at all.

The holidays are difficult for me - the commercialization of Christmas has become more apparent the less money I have to spend on people. But it's not because I don't want to spend $$ - it's because I haven't any to spend, and so feel like a greedy bitch if I accept gifts from family without being able to return the demonstration of appreciation. It fuels the feelings of incompetence, if that makes any sense, and is not generally a happy time for me.

Yes, RevJim, it's a time to reflect on our blessings and revel in family and in joy, but isn't that for everyday? Shouldn't that be something we appreciate every day? I had Christmas last night - dinner with my father. Totally sat there and just kicked it with my 80 y/o dad, and got him to try a "flavored" martini. Just me and him, hanging out on a Thursday night. Perfect! So why choose one day, hype it for months before, and then, on 12/26, "stop" appreciating for another year? I choose every day to be thankful - ask me someday about my blessings book and my "pay it forward book"...and the "story of the wind chimes"...

I think what I find upsetting is simply the commercialization of it, rather than focussing on what it really means. I know it's not about gifts for gifts' sake but rather gifts as a demonstration of love to those near and dear, but it doesn't feel that way most of the time.

And lastly, it ain't even Thanksgiving yet, for cripes sake!

Just my .02, ymmv...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Yes, Michele, I agree with you about the commercialization of Christmas. People tend to lose sight of the true meaning of it. This is NOT a reason to hate it, or to ignore it!

My children will not forget why we are celebrating, hopefully ever, since every year, on Christmas Eve, we light a single candle, on a small birthday cake, to remind us of just whos birthday this is.
It's your life, live it!

You know it is possible to "do" Christmas without going broke. You can make some really great things for family and friends that are not only inexpensive but also will be cherished for years to come. PM me with your list and we'll talk about it and come up with some ideas.

--
Hot Mama

I agree to some degree!

All year round I send people things to say " hey fool, I'm thinking about you!"
do you think they would even call or ever send something to me. It's very unlikely. so for christmas It's MY turn to say "hey fool, I'm thinking about you" to myself!;)

I love to travel but not once has anyone asked me if I needed anything! it's always "HEY, CAN YOU GET ME THIS, Can you GET ME THAT?" most of the time I do. sometimes (if I like the person) I get something from everyplace I've been to.

but Fuck 'em all ON Christmas:P It's MY TURN!;)

My photos

My Videos

I usually put up all my decorations Thanksgiving weekend. We usually have two trees. The main one downstairs then one upstairs that my daughter decorates with all her own ornaments that she has been collecting since her first Christmas. The house is like a fairy land. White lights and pine boughs. I make a new wreath every year for my front door. I have tons of decorations and all our friends love to come to our house around the holidays. I'm also usually the one that plans lots of holiday get togethers and activities for our group of friends. This year we are having a cookie exchange and a craft night to make our wreaths. I guess you could say that I am our groups social director. A job I used to have at my old DZ in NC before we moved to Seattle.

R

haha, Yea! MONEY! so I can send all these stupid bastards the trinkets they want!:S

Yeah i send out your basic cards that say merry x-mas and crap like that! I not really big on x-mas!!! It's over rated!It;s all about being in Eloy while everybody at home opening gifts,i'll be opening the door on the otter or skyvan!!! MERRY X-MAS TO ME!
I dont even send cards! I never liked cards. I mean If I wanna say something to someone..I wanna say it. not some schmuck in a room thinking of cute things to say![:/] HAHA
but I will be right there with ya.opening that(skyvan)
door!
not to mentoin all the other specail jumpshigh alti-balloon heli, whatever they got!

My photos

My Videos

Reading this thread, I realize that it is quite common to go through the holiday doldrums. So there must be alot of really sad people out there this time of year. Wouldn't it be great if we just forgot about what we were going to get and go out and do something really nice for the ones going through the doldrums. It doesn't have to cost any money. Your time is free. It's amazing how quickly we forget about our own problems when we focus on making someone else happy.

Happy holidays folks.:)

Reading this thread, I realize that it is quite common to go through the holiday doldrums. So there must be alot of really sad people out there this time of year. Wouldn't it be great if we just forgot about what we were going to get and go out and do something really nice for the ones going through the doldrums. It doesn't have to cost any money. Your time is free. It's amazing how quickly we forget about our own problems when we focus on making someone else happy.

Happy holidays folks.:)

see that is waht I am talking about...Why the hell do you wait til dec to do something nice. Stop being a hypocrit:P. either you are or you arent. 12 days of NIceness isnt gonna make you change the world!
if it turns out your are a selffish bastard.then be happy with yourself and move on!:P
haha sarcasm RULES!
My photos

My Videos