JumpNFly

Diets!

Ok all my little ones... are we keeping our daily food journals... I'm waiting to get your food lists...
I know how much you are all looking forward to cutting down and looking fabulous for out Calendar (LOL)
update me everyone!!!!!!!!!!

The key to walking on water... Is knowing where the rocks are

I know some people who are dieting and they have lost a great deal of weight by including a cheat day each week. In other words they can pig out one day each week. Have you tried this type of diet? I was just wondering how well it worked for you. I've got to cut about 25 lbs. and am planning to start a diet after Christmas. I love to eat and I'm not looking forward to dieting again. I could stay on my diet in the old days by visualizing what I would look like on stage, if I was fat. But after the contest I'd gain it all back plus a little more. Now that I'm old and fat, I need a new plan. I'm definitely not a hard-core body builder anymore. Lazy might be a better term. Steve1

Let's see....today I've had 3 cups of coffee (cream and sugar), 2 Diet Mt. Dews Code Red, and 2 breakfast bars. For lunch...pizza! But, it's made by "Smart Ones" so that must mean it's healthy and that I'm eating okay!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Yes Dove, some people do find it difficult for a plethora of reasons. The worst thing you can do for a person who is trying to diet or exercise is to make them feel inferior.

As for me, I was always a person who could eat anything I wanted and never gained a pound. It all changed at 34. I became a fat pig in no time. Fast forward a few years and I decided no more! So I did the weight watchers program. I didn't actually join, I bootlegged it from my dad. In 4 months I lost 40lbs and am now back to my normal weight. Weight Watchers is all about logging what you eat each day. Also, including exercise. I highly recommend it.

If you feel inferior it is because YOU feel that way, not because I made you feel that way. You are responsible for your own thoughts and feelings. In the end, you ate healthy and exercised and it worked for you. Great!:)

Fall in dove.

Do people really find it that hard to eat healthy and work out? It's so simple, really.

Yes, some do. Even if exercising makes you feel better all day, it can still be hard. Making time for it comes at the expense of other things.

As far as eating healthy, well, it's a matter of making sure healthy food is available when my lazy ass wants to eat.

Personally, I find algebra, public speaking, spelling and empathy to be simple. But that's just me. It's not my job to provide fodder for other people to feel good or bad, but it doesn't cost me much to take that into account, and it sure makes dealing with them easier.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

yea, that's good...however I do reccommend keeping some weight lifting in as well, its the best metabolic enhancer!

And Dove, it is not an easy thing, a lot of people struggle with it every day... Its really just not as simple as eating healthy and doing some exercise. What people need varies from person to person, so it helps to have some professional guidance.. that way no one wastes time, becomes frustrated, and just gives up!!!!!!

The key to walking on water... Is knowing where the rocks are

2 cups of lemon tea
1 large orange juice
10 oz bottle of gatorade
2 honey sticks
2 egg & cheese muffins
trail mix

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

steve, just do what everyone else is doing... write down everything you eat or drink for a week, and I'll modify it for you... if you want workout advice I'll do that too!!!!

The only way I've ever been able to lose weight, was to count calories each day, along with working out.

I was just wondering what kind of vitamins would be smart to take while dieting. If I remember right, I used to take a B-complex, a multi-vitamin, some extra vitamin-C and some desicated liver tablets each day, but this was a long time ago. There are probably better supplements on the market today. Steve1

Past 24 hours....hmmm....

Last Evening, Kung Pao Beef w/ Shrimp Fried Rice. Consumed with 2.5 liters of water, followed by 2 fortune cookies, 3 little Kit-Kat bars, and one apple.

This morning, 16oz. of coffee and a Cherry Danish.
Lunch, undecided but likely Del Taco...
Dinner, also undecided buy could be either a Chicken Caesar Salad or light crackers with garlic hummus with dried fruit, followed by a few more Kit-Kat bars and at least 2L of water....

In all, something salty, something sweet, something good for me to eat...!!:ph34r::ph34r:

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

OK, 12 ounces of espresso coffee, 4 equals, 8 oz of 2% milk, two protein bars(62gram protein, 16 gr fat, 18gr carb), 20 ounces of diet coke, 1 package cheese crackers (4 gr pro, 23 gr carb, 10 gr fat), later it's a can of chicken soup for lunch, a cliff bar for a snack, and then a couple of chicken breasts for dinner with some incidental carbs and vegetables.

Once you pass the gallstones, it's not a bad diet to live with!B|