CrazyThomas

Free speech?

free speech, no... not here

free thought, sure, always...

but

everyone has a right to their opinion, as long as they don't impose it on others unwantingly.

these forums are a tool for us, to learn from eachother and to make new friends. why not decide to use this in a positive way?
you can make enemies... or you can make friends to jump with in the future
what you make of this is your decision.

No joke, that would be great on a shirt.

So, HH is there going to be a DZ.com shirter version 2.0? It would be cool to get a new shirt version every year or so, or maybe even a little more frequently. Eitherway, I think it would be cool to get a shirt with a slogon on it.

Hell, HH, have a slogon thread contest. Take the best 10 or so from the thread and make a poll in the Pub we can vote on, then take the top slogon. Winner gets a special title for their username for a period of time or something.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

these forums are a tool for us, to learn from eachother and to make new friends. why not decide to use this in a positive way?
you can make enemies... or you can make friends to jump with in the future
what you make of this is your decision. ***
Some people just get it. You obviously are one of them. Thanks. :)

Safe swoops
Sangiro

or you can make friends to jump with in the future

for sure!!! i have made countless friends all over the country and the world because of this site!! I know that i can go to almost any major DZ in the us and have someone to jump with before i even get there!!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I know that i can go to almost any major DZ in the us and have someone to jump with before i even get there!!

Exactly! Even if you don't post saying your going to go there, show up wearing your dz.com shirt and you're in like flint!

You'll be surprised how many people will come up to you and talk to you, them being lurkers who may not even have a username, but they've been reading your posts for sometimes more then a year! That actually happened to me at the AOT boogie back in September. Someone came up to me and goes, "are you AggieDave?" I said yup and they talked for a bit how they just lurk but really enjoy the stuff on this site, etc. I thought that was pretty neat that we "touch" other people out there that don't even fully use this site. :P

With that said I feel like I've made some pretty cool friends during the past nearly 3 years, most of whom I've never met and some I have and many I can't wait to meet.

How many other websites throw their own un-boogies, what we call "Gatherings" where people from all over the country come together to meet and party even though they've never met in real life? This place fucking rocks!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

This place fucking rocks!

I'll second that!!! :)

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

How many other websites throw their own un-boogies, what we call "Gatherings" where people from all over the country come together to meet and party even though they've never met in real life? This place fucking rocks!

Dave, I couldn't have said it better. The only on-line experience besides DZ.com that I have been involved with where everyone gets together is the old hacker and literary BBS crowd.

Like skydiving, hacker and lit BBS's were a very close-knit community back in the day. We would have what we called "The Gathering" and we would have people from 4 states away show up.

We were up to "The Gathering VIII" before the Internet exploded and changed everything forever.

Cool people with the same mission getting together to get down to some nig-noggery. I think I'm seeing the similarity now...

Man, I'm having flash-backs now. I think I still have my red-box that I built out of a Hallmark-greeting card and built into a Motorola pager case.

Kris aka "Random"
TbH-4o5
cYst
SaZ Wannabe
Lover of the Grrl "D" in TDKEB
Norman, OK 2600 chapter co-founder
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™