kevin922

Does anyone here own a hummer?

Sorry I don't own a Hummer.
The new Hummer 2s have recently appeared in Vancouver recently, they are shorter, taller, narrower and look like they have been chasing concrete walls!
Ha! Ha!

Yeah i call those yuppie-hummers.. don't have any interest in them...

drove a mummer yesterday... well it wasn't a real hummer it was a HMMWV (humvee) the civilian versins just don't compare.....for duribility.... interior on the other hand there isn't one in a mil. version..lol.......

You're not talking about the H2 are you? I call those things "Yuppy Mobles" since the only people that buy them are freak'n Yuppies. They're about fscking worthless when it comes to off-roading and they look like a piece of plastic shit. If you want to spend that much on a vehicle, get a Chevy Z71 1/2 ton and sink the extra $20k you saved in a lift kit, tires, sound system, Ranch Hand front end replacement and rear bumper. In the end you'll have a truck that CAN actually do what it looks like it will do, and not look like a damn yuppy.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Sorry, just noticed you said you don't like the H2s in a different post.

If you want, still do what I was talking about, you'll end up with more $$ in your pocket with a very decent truck. :)

Military Hummers are very cool, but very pricey, and inefficient. I got a used (42,000 mile) Cummins Ram stretch cab long box 2500 4x4 that has served me very well for a few years. I haul serious loads of firewood and other shit, and pull my camper and ski boat with it - never misses a beat. I get 20+ mpg empty on the highway, and 16-19 towing.

F.Y.I.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

Hummer - nice but not very practical. Land Rover Defender 110 with a 2.5 liter 125 HP turbo diesel. Old man Emu suspension raised 2 inches. That is the ultimate off road machine. Or the Toyota KZ7 with a 4 liter diesel. All the rest is not very practical or just junk. With all due respect to the hummer, but it does not have enough space and in an off road environment is too wide to monouver between the trees. Bin there, done that, got the T-shirt
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

nice but not very practical. Land Rover Defender 110 with a 2.5 liter 125 HP turbo diesel. Old man Emu suspension raised 2 inches

Bah, I'll be here with my truck when you need to get pulled out on the trail...:P