skreamer

Americans and their over-sized cars

And I thought it was becasue the Russians were virtually bankrupted playing that particular game...;).

Have a cool one yall.
cya monday for more nonsense.

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Its not like they could become president of the USA or anything...

Don't dog Reagan. #1 He was one of the best presidents we have EVER had. Made the Russians pee their pants! :D #2 He was actually involved in politics for his entire adult life.

I agree! The only other actor i might vote for would
be "Arnold Schwarzenegger" B|

Steve

In America, we'd tear down a 1000-year old church

Ummm... you'd be lucky to find even a 400-year old chirch in America to tear down.

I for one can't stand the over-sized SUVs. They're pointless and they guzzle gas. "Ohh... but I need to get my large family around" - a wife and two kids is not a "large family" Have more than that? Why not a mini-van or a station wagon? Oh that's right, they're not 'cool'

And then there's the "I bought one for my wife so she'd be safe" argument. Phhy. Please. You know how many "safe" wives have killed other people? And I don't want someone feeling "safe" on the road... if I had my way, there'd be a blinking light on the dash of every car saying "Careful, this vehicle could easily kill you or someone else, please respect it"
Oh, so it's for the snow? Ok, so no one in the south should need one. An all-wheel drive car would do just as good. Actually, if you don't know what you're doing, a 4WD can be harder to handle in snow and ice. Don't get me wrong, there are people who have good reason for big-ass trucks and SUVs - getting your kids to soccer is not one of them.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I hate when people that use that arguement.
Ok, having a television is a waste too - tons of electricity they suck down. And the waste when people throw them away! Dear god! Talk about filling up a dump or two!

If there was a better alternative to get to altitude, that was safer for other planes in the sky and more environmentally friendly, and accomplished the same thing - I'd be all for it.

Edit: Dammit Joe, type slower next time....
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I don't know much about American politics, but don't you have to be American by birth to stand as a presidential candidate?

yes...if you read our consitution, you must have been born an american to be president......that was the problem with Albright as Sec. of State....she wouldn't of been able to step up had the VP, Speaker, yada yada yada hadn't of been able too..

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

;) 1) The US does not import more than 18% of its oil from any single source. Why do we want Iraq's oil? We have agreements with so many countries, and we keep adding to our strategic reserve (which by the way is why we still import, and why we should continue to do so).

2) Massively over-powered "American" cars? You fellas in the UK get to play with power toys that we can only dream of here: Alfa Romeo 156 GTA, Nissan Skyline GT, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII, Vauxhall (some variants)...never mind the extra goodies from BMW and Mercedes you get to play with... :S

Sheeesh...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Some of you are against the SUV yet you have no problem riding a plane in circles every weekend. Outsiders might think that is a waste too. Something to think about.
Jay

Hehehee :D

I really don't have a problem with SUV's if people use them for the purposes they were intended. Let's study this more closely...SUV=Sport Utility Vehicle NOT IDMKTSPSIHTDTEV=I drive my kid to soccer practice, so I have to drive this enormous vehicle! If you're gonna use it to 4-wheel it through the woods, fine, but don't block the road with it because you need more room to take your kids to soccer practice! I'm not a pilot, therefore I have no need for an airplane. 30 something housewives are not going backpacking in rough terrain, so don't buy a car that's built for that! I believe a midsize sedan has just enough room for children and belongings!

Wheeew! Ok, I'm coming down of the soapbox now ;)
When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been and there you will long to return.-Leonardo DiVinci

The main cause of giant SUVs and pickups in this country is the sad affliction of SPS, or Small Penis Syndrome. Everytime you see a Navigator, or a Hummer, or a Suburban, you are also seeing a sad man who spent buckets of money on pumps, pills, and creams, to no avail. Rather than criticizing SUV and pickup truck drivers, shouldn't we be compassionate? Do we make fun of midgets or cripples anymore?

Hey don't blame me, I drive a little Mazda Protege. And it actually seems to do better in the snow than the Chrysler Behemoth & Ford Fatass SUVs my coworkers seem to drive so much.

Damn, when I was little it was my Mom & Dad & three boys. We used a station wagon, not a f&*king house-on-wheels.

S.U.V. = Suddenly Upsidedown Vehicle:D

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Funny, I thought some smaller sports cars were representative of that syndrome as well. It's an epidemic!

Oh yeah, like all the older guys driving their Ferraris and Lamborghinis slowly down the Sunset Strip. It's odd how you never see them on the twisty canyons roads...

Wankers!

On this subject.....There is a funny billboard on the way to work. It's an advertisement for the new "Mini" Brit mobiles. Says "The SUV backlash starts now." :D

I saw a new Mini up in Chilliwack recently. Nice little car!
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Tell me who invented 4x4, and I will kiss them. I couldn't live with out it. Although, my truck gets an amazing 19/14 highway/backroad milage.

4x4 is not big help on the snowy road, unless you drive somewhere in vermont up in
the mountains. if you start skiddin, all 4 wheels will skid since every wheel has 25% of
the torque. all wheel drive will distribute torque to wheels depending on traction and
is awesome for snow/rain. suvs have very high center of gravity and very prone to rollovers.
every time there is some major snow storm here in new england i see suv in a ditch.
i saw one today crashed into fire hydrant on the road where you can't go faster then 30 mph.
how did he (she ?) managed to do that ?

suv is great to get of the front yard withou bothering diggin' first. but that's pretty much it.
FWD car will behave just fine on snow.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum