dropdeded

Christmas Bonus Is Insulting

AMEN TO THAT. I don't personally like fruitcake but if they gave me one every year around Christmas as a gift I'd re-gift it to someone who does like it.

So the moral of the story is: Shut the fuck up(in the best way possible):D, at least you got something;):D JT , myself and thousands of others got squat.

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

So the moral of the story is: Shut the fuck up(in the best way possible), at least you got something JT , myself and thousands of others got squat.

I wondered when this was going to come up. Right on.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Last year's Christmas bonus consisted of $1000 towards flying lessons.
This year's Christmas bonus consisted of a cell phone. Officially it is a leash so I can be on call to drive the fuel truck over the Christmas holidays, but I only expect one or two calls.
Oh well, at least I got a bonus, considering how naughty I was this past summer.

We dont get bonus' in the military...no even time off!
(well 24th and 25th)
and I deal with assholes EVERYDAY!>:(

If misery loves company: I'm working 24th & 25th.
(I'll pretend I'm really needed and welcomed like "ST. Nick"" when I come to people's houses).
I'll use supper glue to help me smile:)

We gave our employee $500.

Oh, I forgot to mention. $500 plus 7 paid days off. Merry Christmas.

Are you hiring? Am willing to relocate.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Clark Griswold, referring to his boss, upon receiving a cheap Christmas bonus -

"And I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spineless, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol™?!?"

Do any of you feel that way?

_

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I don't blame you for being upset. I feel lucky, my company only had a so-so year (c'mon, don't all you guys want to upgrade your copper networks to secure fiber?). But we got turkeys on thanksgiving, a great Christmas party, and enough cash to burn a hole in my pocket. And not one person complained about anything! I thank my lucky stars I work for and with such a great bunch of people.

I think we all complain too much.

Yeah xmas bonuses are tradition, and less than you wanted when you work had sucks. Hell, my xmas bonus last year was a 10% pay cut that was supposed to last one quarter (still in effect).

Every day I wake up, and make a difference to someone - outisde of work - in a bonus.

At the last place I worked, the staff of six got a box of mandarine oranges, (Vitamin C so we wouldn't get sick) and chocolates (for energy). To share.

Last week at my current job, I was shocked to receive a bonus! First time ever, and happily put towards more jumps during the Invasion B|. Also, we went out for lunch on the company. I think I'll stick with this job, the people are great.

Bonuses are nice, but it's the way a company treats you everyday that tells the truth about them. I feel appreciated every day at my job, and that's a very nice feeling that means more to me than a Christmas bonus.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

In 5 years of working for fortune 500 companies, being a highly paid and highly respected profesional, I have never had a christmas bonus.

_Am

yup, here ya on that one, I worked for a fortune 2 or 3 company and they had a no bonus policy, they would award stock options though. Although the ones I got this year are still in the negative. I left that company, the one I work for now has a bonus plan that is totally tied on company performance and individual site performance, so it is objective and actually is paid at the end of the Fiscal Year which is March. It will be nice to see that!