Jabeln79

Favorite Movie?????

Sometimes you can find some good old silent films. What's cool about them is that they were made before there were any set ideas about how a movie should be made.
One of the weirdest films was The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. The scenery was surreal: Houses were cutouts, and the doors and window frames were all bent & warped in this really weird way.
Another surrealist film was made by Salvador Dali called Andalusian Dog. No plot whatsoever, just a series of bizarre and fascinating imagery. Dali is in the movie. I think he was in his early 20's when he made that film. Dali rocks!
There is a theatre in Frederick MD where they show old silent films on a big screen, & some old guy plays the organ to go along with it. The organ has these old-fashioned sound effect devices on it, like they had back in the 20s. I saw the Thief of Baghdad (w/ Douglas Fairbanks), and it was great! It's amazing what special effects they came up with in that movie considering the primitive technology of the time.
Speed Racer
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork from my lunch?!
-WC Fields

it's soooo hard to remember all favourite movies... the ones I think of first are:
2001: A Space Odyssey
Bladerunner
Fifth Element
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (esp. the psychedelic boat scene! and the burping lemonade scene)
The Right Stuff (mmm Sam Shepard as Chuck Yeager!)
The Professional
Trip to the Moon (1902 movie)
Jean Cocteau and Jean Luc Goddard movies
Flight of the Doves
Kes (v.sad)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
The Exorcist
Monty Python movies
Ingmar Bergman movies (in winter!)
Clay Pigeons
well I think that's enough for now...
Larissa

* Kentucky Fried Movie (absolutely hilarious with the spoofs. Team that one up with Enter the Dragon with Bruce Lee (probably the best martial arts film of all time) and you've got a great evening.
* Patton
* The Airplane movies with Robert Hayes were a riot.
* Wait until Dark (some really suspenseful scenes)
* Point Break, just mindless recreation
* The Killer Elite, great gun battles
**Not out yet, but I've seen a preview and I think the Lord of the Rings trilogy will be outstanding. I hope - I've read the complete series 12 -15 times, including The Hobbit.

1.) Hunt For The Red October
2.) Le Professionnel (1981)
aka The Professional
3.) Longest Day
4.) Battle of the Bulge
5.) Kelly's Heroes
6.) Event Horizon
7.) Mulholland Falls
8.) Raid on Entebbe
9.) Enemy at the Gates
10.) Kavkazskij plennik
aka Prisoner of the Caucasus
aka Prisoner of the Mountains
11.) Usual Suspects

Slap shot , but in the Quebec version.... there is something extremely wrong and funny about Newman saying in a thick Quebec accent "ta femme, c't'une lesbienne, e'm l'a dit hier soir" and "ta femme, e' susse des pl0ttes" ROTFLMAO

Why is it that my sweetie says the same thing...you Quebec'ers are all alike ;)
There are so many amazing movies to choose from, but I will have to go with:
Life is Beautiful &
Blood In, Blood Out
Tee :)

my alltime fav clip (its from from holly grail): Fetchez la vache... Quoi?, Fetchez la vache... meeeeeuuuuuu (wanted to attach the aiff file, but the system wont let me...)
And Tee: I'm shocked at your inuation that you Alberta girls are
sweet and innocent (sweet, maybe, but innocent! LOL)
Remi
Muff 914

I guess I'm gunna have to add to this thread. I have so many favorite movies to many to try and list. They are all by catagory. If I have to say the ones I never get tired of seeing then here it goes. No particular order.
Hamburger Hill
Full Metal Jacket
Bladerunner
Bull Durham {Can't believe no one said this one}
Bullit {Steve McQueen - Greatest car chase in a movie history}
Office Space
The Game {Ice-T as a homeless man taken to the woods and hunted like an animal, he was badass in this one}
The Jerk {Steve Martin - Classic}
Richard Pryor "Live"
Most John Wayne movies {Got it from my dad sitting around on Sundays watching westerns when there was no football}
The Exorsist {Bone chilling at it's best}
Mad Max & Roadwarrior {I think that was the second flic not the one with Tina Turner *belch*}
The Warriors {WaaaarrrrIIIIIIiiiorrrrssss wannnnnaaa commmmeee outtttt and playyyyyYYYYYyyyyiiiiaaaaaaa}
The Octagon {Spelling good Chuck Norris flic}
Shawshank Redemtion
I could sit here all day and think about movies I loved... This was just a few that came to mind. My spelling needs some help but I'm sure you guys and gals can figure it out :)I've also got to add {Lord of The Rings, The Fellowship of The Ring} not out yet but I'm counting the days till it's release. I just hope like hell they followed the books and they didn't butcher it up. got 13 days till it's release in the US!!!! YaHoooo! :D
My New Website with 24hr Chat

I've also got to add {Lord of The Rings, The Fellowship of The Ring} not out yet but I'm counting the days till it's release. I just hope like hell they followed the books and they didn't butcher it up. got 13 days till it's release in the US!!!! YaHoooo!

I'm with you on that one. You konw, if they don't almost exactly follow the first book, the other two will flop.
Are there only two of us that have seen The Boondock Saints? Makes sense, it is almost the all time cult movie, almost nobody has seen it but everyone who has goes absolutely nutz about it.
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.