Gawain

If you had to go back and try again...

The genie's out of the bag, and you have a single chance to go back, do it all over again, knowing what you know for the most part about yourself, the decisions you have made, some of consequences in store for you, and the people you've known.

How far back would you feel you'd have to go to retrace some life to get where you feel like you'd like to be?

I recall being posed this question by someone, I once thought I'd have to go back to 6th grade middle school! Personally, I'd go back to my late teens, start skydiving immediately and let a lot of the rest play itself out the way it has...(mostly ;))...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

You couldn't pay me to go back, for any reason.

Had a horrible highschool experience, abusive childhood experience, sucky life before the age of 18, in general.

So, I guess I'd just have to stuff that genie back in the lamp. Or wish for something more constructive, like the ability to control weather over my dropzone, or something. :P

--
Skydive -- testing gravity, one jump at a time.

I would change nothing!!! I have a wonderful wife of 20+ years, four great kids, three grandkids, four rigs, seven DZ's and a wind tunnel within a two hour drive and I can jump seven days a week as much as I want!

And I wish this good of a life on EVERYONEB|

You need a choice for "Wouldn't do it," as apparently I'm not alone in the sentiment. Yeah, of course I have some regrets. But really, if I had changed much, my life would be drastically different than it is now, and I'm really happy with it right now. The only thing I wish is that I could have learned a few hard lessons a little earlier so I could have been really happy and enjoyed most of my 20's more. It's done, though, and I try to live for the present now. I've spent too much of my time living in the past. :|

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

I would go back to the day i first got busted for shoplifting when i was in the 6th grade and kick the shit out of myself for being stupid. I would also go back and tell an EX to go FUCK herself before she had the chance to ruin my life.

I'm sure there is a million things we all wish we could go back and do over, but the past is the past and all we can do is learn from out mistakes.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Go back to when I was 5, never let the horses out of the ridng area (9 horses running though town).
Put entire trust fund into Micro Soft.
Get prepaired for Bobsled & Skeleton without money woes.
And start jumping (with good coaching) at 1st available chance.
I would never want to NOT have the children that I have now, it was all worth it as is.

I would go back and not dump the cute but overweight girlfriend who I did not believe that she was trying to get in shape . I dumped her , my best friend married her , she lost the weight , she became a stone cold fox and still is and is still thin too . She turns out to be a perfect woman and wife to my best friend and she will never let me forget that I could have kept her . I would love to change that . I kick myself every time I see her .

I'd go back a couple weeks and buy the winning powerball number.. I'd enjoy living as a spoiled trust fund jumper for awhile... a long while.. help some friends.. Buy a supa otter or maybe a larger plane turn it into a small portable apartment... fly from dz to dz doing some bandit jumps from time to time... throw 20 mil or so to a trust fund to make sure everyone who wants a cypres has one and can devote more cash to jumpin... buy a case of beer for every uspa member just for fun... I'd be the coolest rich trust fund jumper ever ;)

yeah those would be good too. But from 1997 to mid 1999 one dollar invested in yahoo or Amazon.com would turn into about $200. Say I take out a $30,000 loan & buy Amazon stock in 1997 & hang in there until late spring of 1999 & then sell. Then I take those profits and invest them in Celera Genomics & Genome Therapeutics & wait until early spring of 2000 when they released the news that they had succeeded in completing the Human Genome Project.:o Then sell at the peak before all the hype dies down.

Then I'd buy a small airport and a SuperOtter.B|

well, if I had to go back & knew what I know now, that's sure as hell what I'd do!

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

The only problem w/ making your millions by Powerball is that now everyone in America knows it & your face & name is plastered all over TV & newspapers etc.:P I have never wanted to be rich & famous. Rich & obscure would do just fine.B|

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I don't think I'd change anything. I think I needed to be a waste of a human life for awhile. Only through past failures can I know my success.

However, I like the powerball idea. It could almost help me pay off my student loans...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I don't think I would go back and change anything.
Everything that has happened good and bad,all the
people I've met so far on my journey have made me
the person I am today. I like who I am and am very
comfortable with being me.
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

Man, if I could go back and do it over again, I'd only go as far as when I found that I couldn't/shouldn't trust members of the opposite sex with true inner feelings...I hate not being able to trust ppl...

I know I'm gonna' get hit pretty hard for this...just remember - when you've been burned as much as I have, you tend to lose trust...but that's what I get, I guess, for devoting my life to love...

FFF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

If you jump with people, and you check each other's gear and stuff...you trust people.B|

But I know what you mean. Last big burn I got took about 2 years to get over before I was comfortable with women on an intimate level again...;)

I wouldn't change those experiences...

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Hon, I'm not real good at communication...but I think I did say "with true inner feelings". That didn't mean that I don't trust ppl to check gear - it means that true inner feelings sometimes can be torn down so far that one doesn't want to trust anyone with them...I'd like to return to an age of innocence...but that isn't possible if reality is to be lived. So, I'll muddle along, doing what I do best...having fun and enjoying life as best I can - while holding back feelings that could be better offered if bad things didn't happen in this world...

FFF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."