helicam

Health Insurance..ya gotta see this!

Just received this from my medical aid/ health insurance provider....

The following are examples of activities that we do not consider to be extreme. They will therefore be covered.
· Powered paragliding
· Hang gliding
· Paragliding
· Parachuting/skydiving
· Ice hockey
· Scuba diving
· Mountain biking
· Waterskiing
· Martial sports such as karate and judo
· Bungee jumping
· White water rafting
· Hunting
· Hot air ballooning

Examples of activities that we don't cover
>
> Running with the bulls in Pamplona
> Climbing Mount Everest
> Rope-assisted climbing, such as rock climbing
> Power boat racing
> "Fear Factor" activities

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter

Wow. I just asked how much it would cost to get an insurance that would cover all possible sports in all possible situations. The person at the desk was obviously totally clueless, the best she could come up with was traveller's insurance for 12 months. 720€/year.(As opposed to a whuffo insurance that would cost ~30€/year...) Moron. I hope some other company has a better alternative...:D

The following are examples of activities that we do not consider to be extreme. They will therefore be covered.
· Powered paragliding
· Hang gliding
· Paragliding
· Parachuting/skydiving
· Ice hockey
· Scuba diving
· Mountain biking
· Waterskiing
· Martial sports such as karate and judo
· Bungee jumping
· White water rafting
· Hunting
· Hot air ballooning

Ok so which ones do you think are EXTREME.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

What about extreme curling? It doesn't mention that high risk sport

but is i really a sport??? i call it 3 people cleaning ice with brooms......now if the weight "puck thingy" was an explosive maybe it could be extream...one wrong tap and boom, thee goes the game......

my insurance provider has to be the best though... even if i did run with the bulls i'd be covered....and it's cost free to me...only one downfall though.......

Rope-assisted climbing, such as rock climbing

Huh? weird. I'd imagine something like bungee jumping would be more difficult to insure, cause there are no real stats on it, and it's not regulated.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

"but is i really a sport??? i call it 3 people cleaning ice with brooms......now if the weight "puck thingy""

It becomes a sport when the participants are 20 some-thing's and all rather drunk - last place you want to be is in the shoes of the skip on the ice when someone wings the 3rd stone down the ice and sends all the stones in the house ricocheting off the boards - especially if you've already had a quarter of a two four in ya. A 20 pound piece of rock taking ya out at the ankles is not pleasnt to feel, but bloody hilarious to watch ;)