wingnut

worthless weekend thread

okay this is the weekend worthless thread...all garbage goes in here..so post your b.s. and let's see if there is anything good since we arn't jumping.....

p.s. if you did jump this weekend, go make your own thread and tell us about it... some of us need those jump stories to stay alive..........i'll tell ya mine next weekend when i get to jump!

yup i got the new isue too... dz.com even had a blurb in the eloy christmas article...and one of our newer posters(bbb2003), and aggie dave are in there for collegiates...

blurting out? OK
I got published last month in "SKYDIVING"(re:"What do you think of Boogie fees?"):) and pub.in Parachutist
(Falcon & Double Falcon, earn them on one jump just before I met Jessica & Rantoul):)I was well behaved in Rantoul:)
I actually suprised myself that I must have started to grow up:$ I'll have to fight that urge I suppose:ph34r:
-Grant

It's a beautiful day the sun is shining and the wind is low. I woke up early to go skydive....well... There's a project Ive been putting off and it can no longer wait. .... Yep I had to go into work and I'm here now.

Perhaps the weather will be good again tomorrow.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I'm here at the office and have just done about 1/2 the work to get the new escrow closed - the other agent is really on the ball. Physical inspection went well, so we're removing the contingency...looking good so far!

The day is gorgeous, and I have another new client to take out looking, and actually have managed to keep tomorrow free. Not jumping, though - housecleaning and writing and so forth. It's gonna be a long and tough week coming up, but maybe I'll jump sometime in the next 14 days...but who knows...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

worthless weekend is right ... cloudy and cold here ... and I finally got my altimeter back from the shop this week .. :(. It's gotta be sunny somewhere ... SOMEBODY will get to jump!

As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

hooknswoop had an article published in this months skydiving. It's a good one too.

That was a good article. Tracking one, right? It made me feel more secure about my super-flat, but slow track.

Yep that is the one :)
He was also published a few months ago for his line twists article....I know he has one more that is going to be published but I can't remember what one it is.
Fly it like you stole it!

bad weather + boredom + skydivers + old rig + truck = fun;)

OK now you've done it... EVERY one's gonna go out and try this now :P:D:DB|B|:|:|:o:o:| bugger B|B|

((come find me, this sounds fun))
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I'm spending the whole weekend working on stupid tax's.:( Crap, I wish hand done all the posting durning each month instead of letting the last 7 months of 2002 just pile up. Of course I jumped 134 times from April '02 to Dec. 15-- so screw it, I had a blast and don't mind paying for it now as it's still ALMOST to cold to jump....... I said almost ....:)

Steve M
>^..^for me -- SkyDiving is a life sentence -- for it has saved my life.

My boss got fired this week so I am sitting here occasionally doing his and my work. It's hard for me to feel sorry for myself because I can't jump when I realize he was at the pinnacle of a 25-year career, and now it's over. Seeing it all happen made me feel the worst I have felt since a death in the family. A sad thing to watch, especially from the inside.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I'm spending the whole weekend working on stupid tax's

ahh... why i love the 1040ez..takes me maybe 5 minutes to do it!!!!!!!!! no kids, no house, no scond job..... simplicity is nice....

ahh... why i love the 1040ez..takes me maybe 5 minutes to do it!!!!!!!!! no kids, no house, no scond job..... simplicity is nice....

I hear you there. It only took me an hour to do my federal and state taxes last night. Even came out a few hundred bucks ahead.

I had some excitement today. WFFC (Michael) came over to my place and I sprayed sticky gooey stuff under his new video helmet. At least he was thinking and brought a drop cloth to cover my kitchen floor;) Gee, that stuff is really sticky. It looked like some kind of alien was growing out of Micheal's head. I'm sure Micheal is still picking sticky stuff off his arms. Hope the arm hairs grow back okay;)

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Got off work and drove out to the DZ... sunshine,, few low clouds,, and kinda warm...had to reconnect my main and pack,, got geared up and went out to get on the load,, while I was packing the clouds moved in and we were done for the day,, >:( may get ta jump tommorow,, if I do I won't post it here :)

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

:(no skydiving yet this year:(
I usually get my gear in date around may...(every 6 months here in Canada) so it is good till october.
The weather is cold but sunny by afternoon...blue skies, very weird for Feb. and we've had such a mild winter without any snow (vancouver b.c.)
So- I won't be waiting till may this year/ gear is going in tomorrow!!! yee ha! can look forward to atleast some hop & pops to clear the sinus's..maybe even get 6,000ft.

Today I am painting my home office that I work from- what a mess..
fired on the tunes...ripped the closet doors off so can use the space in there for tele desk and file cabinet & cubicle shelves...the room color--believe it or not "#8033M Skydive"....a soft beauty blue/ so...my living room floor is covered in sheet of plastic and cubicle shelves, tele desk & file cabinet are painted there in #8031W Bugle Blue/ 2 shades lighter...than Skydive.
Feature wall is for all my skydive pics..
right now I'm sitting at my monitor in the middle of my office till paint dries.........tonight I am going to dress the office window with old white round reserve..

ahh, ain't no worthless weekend, I'm having a riot...coloring my world.

Smiles;)

ain't no worthless weekend

i guess the titel of the thread should read..."worthless, weekend thread" as in it's a weekend thread that is worthless not the weekend..... this is a great weekend.... evry one of em is great... cuz i'm not working today!!!!!