trilete312

Rantoul is Official

...they should have a city sponsored food tent offering resonably priced food...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Just as long as it's not bbq. there were too many bbq places...
---------------------------------------------------------
Ugghhh...I haven't been able to eat bbq ever since. Some variety in the food would really be welcome.

Don't forget about the Carbones food tent. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

My question is this for all campers or just the RV peeps? and if it is for all campers how the hell are they gonna be able to keep track of that stuff....they gonna drop by all the tents to make sure only 2 people are in such and such tent......I mean...come on...this is a BS agreement....you want me to pay 25 bucks ontop of the already high registration(in my opinion)?????? I'd pay the 5 bucks with out problem if they provided real fricken showers...and Real bathrooms instead of the fricken porta johns...I hate those things.....

As Michael said, I'm also figuring this is for the rv area. Evidently the shower house got trashed pretty bad last year and the city people in charge of the campground were very pissed. I imagine It'll be tacked on to the rv camping fee, but hey I've been wrong before:S

you want me to pay 25 bucks ontop of the already high registration(in my opinion)?????? I'd pay the 5 bucks with out problem if they provided real fricken showers...and Real bathrooms instead of the fricken porta johns...I hate those things.....

IMO the registration fee isn't that much. That fee covers so much. I'll start the list and I'm sure others can help me and join in as to what the fee covers.

1) Porta johns aren't free (can you picture what a toilet house would look like, remember how the porta johns looked?) The cost of putting up real toilets would raise the cost of the registration fee.
2) Porta showers aren't free
3) Band at night, even though I didn't listen to them.
4) Free beer (again, even though I didn't drink it)
5) Ferry fee for the aircrafts that are brought in.
6) Electricity used by manifest isn't free

As for the showers and porta johns being messy, you can thank your fellow skydivers for that. Why can't everyone just pick up after their selves?

Lots more, but just some to think about.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

One you forgot, Mary! I'm guessing that the registration fee goes to fill the slots of the organizers there. I would've been so lost if people like you, Bill, Winsor and DJan weren't there my first year. I would've paid double for what I learned in a short amount of time due to the effort that you guys put in.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

The aircraft owners cover our slots. We have to have so many paid jumpers before our slot is covered. It's a win, win situation for the aircraft owners, cause we help keep the planes in the air.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

never said they were messy...just dont think the portable shower's and prota johns aren't worth an extra 5 bucks a day per person...

and as far as the LO's go....every time My GF and I were over there in tent 2 I believe it was...no one was around...maybe bad luck for me,maybe not...and I also heard a certain LO that post's on here bitching about having to do 4 way with newbies all day long...kinda turned me off to you guys...but as always this was my first experience here...and I am always willing to see how next year go's....

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

The one thing that i do beleive should be offered, is some kinda shuttle service. When landing in the spectator area, it's a helluva long walk back to the packing tent. Sometimes you don't have a choice where you're gonna land, so it would be nice if they had golf carts or whatever shuttling people around.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

never said they were messy...just dont think the portable shower's and prota johns aren't worth an extra 5 bucks a day per person...

:DFine, don't pay it, don't use them. (make sure you take this as a joke)

and as far as the LO's go....every time My GF and I were over there in tent 2 I believe it was...no one was around...maybe bad luck for me,maybe not...and I also heard a certain LO that post's on here bitching about having to do 4 way with newbies all day long...kinda turned me off to you guys...but as always this was my first experience here...and I am always willing to see how next year go's....

If you had gone to tent 3 you would have found someone to take you or your GF up. As far as a LO bitching about having to take newbies up, I'd like to see the post, afterall, if we're working in tent 3, that's our job and we knew it before we signed on.

My point was that the registration fee covers more than the average skydiver thinks about.

Another good idea would be to have a packing tent over by the spectator landing area...I'm sure this would increase jumpers landing over there....Anne and I tryed to land over there as often as we could due to it being a VERY wide open space...our only complaint was that it was so far away from the packing area. as far as a shuttle every time we got a ride back to the main LO tents....well one time we turned down the offer...and that's cause it was our last jump there...and our tent was just a hop skip and jump ;) away....

Marc

you and the damn pond!!!!.....maybe this time around I'll see ya actualy get a toe wet on the damn thing!!!!

Hey buster!! :D I didn't see you over that water once :)
Rig never got wet.. Canopy got a little wet once cause it fell down behind me.. Ran out of gas at the bank once.. Definitely looking forward to more practice though.. YEppie!!! Bring on the pond!!

Did you fill out the survey form on Freefall.com expressing this and other concerns?

Mark, it was tent 3 for the low timers and it was usually hopping a lot. I flew video for a few of their jumps and had a great time. Tent 2 seemed to be doing the everyone in the tent is on this load then meet back for the debrief then meet again in 15 minute thing alot. Even managed to film a BillVon 6 way. I can honestly say Tent 3 totally rocked. The freefly tent on the other hand was lacking. I know Brian was trying to make a living, but I wish that WFFC had brought in people like Monkey Claw or Arizona Freeflight or some other group to do some more organizing. There were freefly organizers, but you just had to know them personally to get on their stuff almost.

I do wish that tent city had more predefined drive ways in it. There was some issues when I landed near the "pull" sign trying to get back to my tent since there was so many tents in the way. I would'nt mind forcing the RV's to park off the grass in the airport either. There were a lot of tents packed in there and then to see a few RV's and trailers parked there taking up the same space as 10 tents was odd. I know everyone paid the same so I should'nt complain.

I'll be there no matter what this year!
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Another good idea would be to have a packing tent over by the spectator landing area...

Great idea, why not log on to the WFFC web site and give them that suggestion.

edit to add: Sorry PhreeZone, didn't see your post soon enough.

I meant tent 3 is where we went...every stinking time Anne and I were there no one was around...or they were like..."your just gonna have to wait a while"...so I gave up on em...

I had a great time there....I filled out the survey and sent it in...

I also have sent them an Email about the packing tent by the spectator area. Anne and I were wondering if we should of just crashed the tandem packing area to pack up...if they weren't to busy that is...

Marc

I meant tent 3 is where we went...every stinking time Anne and I were there no one was around...or they were like..."your just gonna have to wait a while"...so I gave up on em...

There are only so many LO to go around. I know for a fact that most of us bring two or more rigs and jump at least 10 times a day. I'm sure the wait wouldn't have been that long and you would have then been put in the rotation. The point to the LO in tent 3 is to keep the dives smaller so jumpers are learning and doing things on the dives rather than having the dive turn into a zoo. Stop by this year and I'll make a point to get up with you and your GF. (but what ever you do, don't talk to Mustard or Bill about the "feel good organizer")

CORRECTION TO NEWS GAZZETTE!

In regards to the Trailer camping, the $5.00 fee will be absorbed by The World Free Fall Convention. Reservations will be made like always by calling the WFFC offcie. 217-AAA-JUMP (222-5867) Pre Registration opens May 1, 2003 Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST . Those of you needing slots will go through us and we will partner with the Department of Recreations to ensure your reservations. Pre-Registration will also be available online at the same date as the call in registrations. We will close pre registration on July 18th at 5:00pm so we can start packing, wrapping up loose ends, and move to Rantoul. So relax! Come enjoy YOUR Boogie.

this was on the freefall.com web board this morning...YEAH!!!! no worries about this now!!!! cool beans...:)

Marc