goose491

a Canadian Apology to the United States (hillarious)

Canadian Apology to the United States of America.
Courtesy of Rick Mercer from This Hour Has 22 Minutes CBC Television:

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry.
I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron but, it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defense I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your white house during the war of 1812. I notice you've rebuilt it! It's Very Nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer but, we Feel your Pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you wanna have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this. We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

Thank you

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

i realize that as americans, you have no clue what 'this hour has 22 minutes' is, and since it's on cbc, most canadians don't know either because we're too busy watching sitcoms on your networks. it's a sketch comedy show, and rick mercer does a dennis miller type rant on every show. this is just an example, and is not typical in that he usually skewers our political scene.

it's comedy people, don't get all excited.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

If you truly feel that way, then how about keeping all of your 45-mph-(72 kph)left-lane-driving, mud-and-salt-encrusted-car- (Is there no where to wash them between the border and Florida?) owning, back-seat-stuffed-to-the-roof, "cheap"-cigarette-buying, "back-home-it-was-two-degrees-this-morning, eh"-quoting, mullet-wearing-hockey-player-adoring snowbirds out of Florida.

Oh yeah, apology accepted.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

>okay, i understand now, it's okay to make jokes about anyone BUT
>the united states.

Exactly. Jokes about the US are not funny; they are funny about any other country. Insulting other countries' leaders or military is fine and proper, but insulting the US military is nearly a capital offense here. After all, there's really only one country anyone has to consider, and that's the US.

You're getting it now.

Exactly. Jokes about the US are not funny; they are funny about any other country. Insulting other countries' leaders or military is fine and proper, but insulting the US military is nearly a capital offense here. After all, there's really only one country anyone has to consider, and that's the US.

There ya go Bill, come into the light. You can do it, just a few more steps....;)

Chris

Finally Bill.. Something I TOTALLY agree with :P

There ya go Bill, come into the light. You can do it, just a few more steps....

And make sure you stay still long enough so they can draw a bead, too...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If you truly feel that way, then how about keeping all of your 45-mph-(72 kph)left-lane-driving, mud-and-salt-encrusted-car- (Is there no where to wash them between the border and Florida?) owning, back-seat-stuffed-to-the-roof, "cheap"-cigarette-buying, "back-home-it-was-two-degrees-this-morning, eh"-quoting, mullet-wearing-hockey-player-adoring snowbirds out of Florida.

Oh yeah, apology accepted.

Dude, speak for yourself. I need the hosers down here. They are the reason my fine state has no income tax. Gawd bless Canada and her fine vacationing citizens. I don't care what their political opinions are, I love their moneyB|

Edited cause my comment wound up in the wrong place
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Yes, we should be kind to the Canadians. After all, I sense that the tide is turning. Floridians are getting tired of the summer weather 363 days a year, the bikini-clad honeys prancing on the beach next to the Tiki bar...

Soon the tourist trade will go in the other direction as Floridians start to desire the sensual smell of bear fat in a womans hair. Instead of days at the gym, a healthy day of "find the car" with a snow shovel. The mass exodus is coming... :ph34r: