sunshine

Traveling out of the USA

And more to the point of security and terrorism: you can live in terror and let the terrorists win, or you an live the life you want to live.

If you want to analyse the situation, and with objectivity, I would say that the UK would probably be one of the main targets of international terrorism should a war go forward, HOWEVER, I would also say its one of the most prepared places on earth for it with its history of battling terrorism.

Bottom line, if it was me: i would not hesiate to go there (but I just came from there and doint want to be soaked again... lol)
Remster

I disagree with 'soggy bottom boy' Remi, I would say that Israel probably has the most experience dealing with this, its just that we do it better.

I would also like to add that the last serious terror act on the UK was the approval of his entry visa!......B|

Seriously though, our streets are relatively safe, what Rem said is true, if you allow yourself to be terrorised into not enjoying your life, you are letting them win. We are more prepared for this sort of thing due our years of dealing with the IRA who, by the way, are quite quiet right now.

I would hazard a guess that you will be at equal risk in the US as you might be in the UK. Even then that risk is infinitesimally small.

By the way, Scotland has not been attacked in my memory....which stretches back a few years, but is starting to be affected by Alzheimers.:P

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

You must be loaded or make really good money.. How in the world do you make it to all these boogies and visit people so much.. Share the secret!!

I have nothing tying me down and i get a ton of vacation time from my "real" job. i earn 1.5 days off every payday (every 2 weeks). That equals 39 vacation days a year. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

If anybody asks, just tell them you're Canadian.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

just dont start any fires on the 20th... you'll get some pimple faced TA soldier come bounding with a 50 year old pump, not powerful enough to even put out a candle.

LOL
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

LMAO personnaly i reckon we should bring all our boys home and send the firefighters out there instead that'll teach em to winge. Granted they deserve a pay rise and the offer on the table is good atm, they best take it quick cos if we go to war I can see the g'ment making it illegal for them to strike!!

On another note sunshine if you come to Scotland whilst your over and need somewhere to crash then e-mail me, i got a sofa lying around somewhere you can have :)

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."