Doasfu

Introduction

Here is my theory on light vs. dark beer: Let me preface that I will drink anything from Guinness to Milwaukee's Best. There is a time and place for every beer. Usually after a day of skydiving, I have been known to tip a few back.
When you are trying to catch a buzz you have to get so much alcohol in your system.
Typically the darker beers are higher in alcohol and will get you wrecked at a fairly good clip if you drink them at the same rate of a light beer.
Here is the problem: I usually find myself standing by a fire and the beer can tend to get warm quickly if you dont put them back in time. So if you find yourself by a bonfire you can do one of three things: 1)you can drink cold light beer and stay up longer or 2)you can drink cold dark beer and be facedown in the fire early or 3)you can drink warm dark beer. For me, warm dark beer isnt quite as refreshing as an ice dold Heineken. Or you can avoid this whole situation and drink whatever you want by just going to a bar, but then you have to solve the problem of getting back in one piece to skydive again...which is a whole separate issue in itself.
"I'll jump anything!"

Yeah, Ill be the first to admit, when the chain starts....I can usually last, at the most about 30 minutes, and then its a piss hard on for sure.
Although the piss hard on is kinda cool, a little (I mean its huge) added bonus (bone us) its not what I drink beer for. As far as that goes, that bud light I drank last night seemed to work just fine! I am still one hung over puppy, cant seem to shake it, each time I go to actually do something (work related, as I am at work now) I find myself back here.
Oh well, if my boss doesnt understand, Ill just whip out my..............piss hard on and chase him out of my office until his atitude improves.

First of all, I never hang onto a beer long enough for it to be in any danger of getting warm :)Secondly, one cool thing about Guinness Draft is it is relatively low in alcohol (4.5%). {Unlike Guiness Extra Stout (in the bottles) which is 7.5%.}
Plus dark rich beer has B-vitamins & proteins, which help stave off a hangover. Homebrew is even better because it actually has living brewers yeast in it & is actually good for you.
I've also found that the buzz you get from stouts feels different from the buzz you get from those lightweight, commercial beers.
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"

Plus when you drink Guinness, you never get the munchies, so you don't buy take away (out) at 3AM, so you wake up the next day with more money for jump tickets!
Plus if you are pregnant, Guinness is good for you, very reassuring should I ever get knocked up (even more so since I'm not a chick!)
Aaaah, now I'm starting to make as much sense as the Guinness ads - it's 10PM on a Friday night, I'm drunk and posting to a ng - SPOT THE PATHETIC GEEK!!!
:)/s

i will drink whatever kind of beer is handy, but i prefer the dark beers, or the imports. i agree that you have to get as much alcohol in as quickly as possible, so these dark beers help that...face down in the fire early? no way...i can drink the cold dark beers fast and still go till dawn...bad sign, probably, but true...i have always hung out with the guys and then i started skydiving so it was even worse...they didn't believe i could keep up, but i do...damn 12 pack won't last long...i have to have my OWN 12 pack regardless...whoever said something about jagermeister..YOU ROCK! jagermeister is da shit...so is jose cuervo, but i have to be careful with him...or maybe i should say, other people have to be careful around me when i am drinking cuervo...damn its 6 PM, i have to work 5 more hours (at least i get off an hour early) and then its beer thirty! hehe...i am flying to oklahoma tomorrow so i don't have to withhold comsumption this evening...usually from midnight friday night until 7 AM saturday i am driving to the dz...not a good idea to get lushed ya know? Texas DPS officers are mighty cocky bastards...hey speaking of cock, what's this about a piss hard on? i thought you guys only got those in the morning when you woke up (i think this is GREAT) i am going to have to be more observant next time i am around a bunch of guys drinking beer, to see if they are pitching a tent or what! LOL
Sis (sorry Speedy, i know you started a new thread for beer, but i just had to post to this one, call it lack of self-control or something like that)

what is with you ppl and crap beer i dont usally drink beer im a liquor man but if i do its xxxx all the way xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Reminds me of a joke - A fellow walks into a bar, and requests a pint of Guiness. The bartender, as he pulls the pint, mentions that it reminds him of his youth in Dublin. A second fellow walks in, and requests a twenty year old Islay single malt Scotch. The bartender mentions that this reminds him of when he was chief steward to Lord McSo-and-So in Scotland. A third fellow walks into the bar and orders a Coors Light. The bartender smiles and says, "Ah, now that takes me back."
The first patron looks at the bartender as if he's insane, and the second fellow asks the bartender, "What in the world does Coors Light take you back to?"
The bartender replies, "Why, it takes me back to those days in Scotland. I'd take my sweetheart out in a rowboat on the loch."
The first fellow asks, "Coors Light takes you back to nights in a rowboat with your sweetheart?"
And the bartender replies, "Sure. It's fucking close to water."
;) Patkat

Hey Ed - I'm Kaz. I'm also from the UK and am doing my A-Levels too, but am getting seriously hacked off with them, but only a few weeks to go and then three months of holiday to jump my ass off!!! Which centre do you jump at? I'm at Brid, except we can't jump at the moment cos of that stupid foot and mouth.

Hiya Kaz, I did jump last year at Headcorn ... will be ma "home" DZ if/when (oh please i hope my mum says ok!!!!) i do AFF this summer. But depending on where i go to uni i'll have a surrogate DZ hehe ;)
First choice nottingham = langer
Second choice bristol = devon and somerset DZ
so i'm doing pretty ok, i read about people having to drive 6hrs... never grumbling about 70mins down the M11 ever again! heh if i go to nottingham (A in F Maths required :() then i'll be 15mins away :D
Ed

just live close. went to secondary school and sixth form in bristol to so most of my non skydiving mates are there, not to mention a few of the skydiving kind. if you do go to bristol make sure you join there skydiving club, although they mostly jump nethers i think, mind u i plan to be nethers way a lot more this year. What ya gonna study any way.