ChileRelleno

Narcs at the DZ/Boogie!

you can die from to much water (it actually intoxicates you too, rendering you unable to function normally and yet looks a lot like the opposite, dehydration) should we regulate DHMO now?

Man, you are a joke if you can't tell the difference between the effects of MJ and too much water. Like I said earlier, I don't care whether MJ is illegal or not. I think it is a dangerous drug though and more dangerous than alcohol or nicotine.

My views aren't based on anyone else's research. You kept claiming there was no research on the subject in the last 30 years so I proved you wrong. I didn't even bother to read much of the article. If you don't agree with it I don't really care. My views are based on my personal experiences. I haven't met a druggie yet that didn't start with MJ. I have met quite a few that can't stand the taste of alcohol though.

You seem to think you are the only person that can think for himself. That's hilarious and shows your own ignorance and elitist attitude. If you want to debate then debate the facts and quit acting like you are something special. Every pimple faced kid goes through a rebellious period. It seems like some of us can't seem to grow out of it.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

yea, that really sucks for that guy and the cops love that kinda crap. i think it is great that he refused the search and more power to him. i hope he used it all and then slaps charges on the cops! nothing worse than a person who gives up their rights-like the morons seen on cops! i have had cops that i work around ask me about the drugs floating around the DZ.....and really, fewer drugs around the DZ than other place i have been around! about a year ago these two cops (fresh off student status) made a sunset jump in their unforms..........i thought it looked like para-troopers from the SS or something and everyone in the plane thought they were lame as well.;)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Ok my .02. I also was there. Really put a damper on the place. But I belive everyone has gotton so caught up in the discussion that they have missed the point.

I spoke with the person who was arrested, and that person in no way is trying dodge what was done. Actually sees it as a turning point to be better, but was most upset that another would be ratting out info like that. The impression that this person and this persons friends had was that another SKYDIVER did the ratting, b/c there were very VERY few civilians there this day.
I would not want anyone under the influence of anything on my load at anytime. After the beer light comes on... great, knock yourself out.
Yet I am bummed that we as a group have let another group i.e. the police, come in and take care of business that we should have done. I have found that skydivers are one of the closest, friendliest bunch in the world. Anywhere you go... we take care of our own.

This person I spoke of earlier did agree that there was a mistake made. A felony amount at that. I hope this will make them a better person. I had just recently met them, and some friends, and just one of those people who have a good vibe about them. I enjoyed all of those who I met and got to hang out with, cuz lets face it... the weather wasnt so hot. In fact the day in question was almost over and beer driking was already out in the open.

I in no way am defending the actions of this person nor am I condoning the use of any illegal substances. I would just hope that we as skydivers could do a better job of taking care of situations like this amongst ourselvs.

Either way... I had a good time... and hope to see those folks again next year!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

but was most upset that another would be ratting out info like that

Of course he would be the most upset - he was the one caught!:S

I was standing with some friends a couple of years ago watching a disturbance where the cops were called. A guy I didn't know was going to help his buddy - who the cops were questioning - and as he walked by me said "Here, hold this a minute". "This" turned out to be a large bag of MJ. I quickly tossed it back to him and headed for the cop. He headed the other way.

Point is - I will turn in drugs so fast it will make your head swim. I have no qualms about turning peiople in who have so little regard for others.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Yeah right, and finds himself called a 'narc', finds himself ostracized, finds his tires slashed, his windows broken, maybe his rig stolen or sabotaged, all courtesy of the hardcore dopers who resent his intrusion.

Wow. All us "dopers" fit into that category? You mean we are all the same? Every "doper" is vile, evil, and stinks? I bet all us "dopers" wear tie-dyes also. And all "dopers" have no jobs, we just sit around all day long.
Thank you for defining a nice stereotype. I am so glad to see that though we can no longer discriminate against blacks, gays, mexicans, jews, or women, we can still actively discriminate against "dopers". After all, us "dopers" are ALL poor and stoopid.
It seemed like an intelligent debate until I started talking. Then, it became a hostile, stinky "doper" beating his bongo drums and chanting for peace.
I really enjoyed the stereotype though.

Later,
Thomas

I am so glad to see that though we can no longer discriminate against blacks, gays, mexicans, jews, or women, we can still actively discriminate against "dopers".

Don't forget "liberals" and Clintons They're still fair game, too :ph34r:.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

ever been to amsterdam? it was probably one of the greatest places i have ever been. very clean, good food, very little serious crime and great people. furthermore, they are so civilized, most cops do not even carry guns and they approach you with a smile. so why does the US have such bad ideas regarding soft drugs? still trying to live the stupid idea of a utopia state. the idea came with those crazy, and i do mean Crazy, people we call pilgrams.;)

The reference was to "hardcore dopers", not the occasional recreational user, although I did not reference that. Please re-read my remarks.

I have yet to meet an habitual substance abuser who took responsibility for his actions. OTOH, I've meet plenty who became downright hostile, even violent, against those who tried to put a damper on their "fun".
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I think it is a dangerous drug though and more dangerous than alcohol or nicotine.

My views aren't based on anyone else's research. You kept claiming there was no research on the subject in the last 30 years so I proved you wrong. I didn't even bother to read much of the article. If you don't agree with it I don't really care. My views are based on my personal experiences.

gotta love america, where the admittedly ignorant opinion has just as much value as one who has actually studied the subject under discussion.

exactly why democracy sucks

still missing the point arent you? i guess you dont have any issues with the govt tell you what you can and cant do with/to yourself. I'll make sure when i'm fighting to keep the ignorant sheep from banning skydiving, or base jumping or freeclimbing (or any of the other "useless" things that you can kill your self doing) to exclude you from the list who wants to be able to determine their own fate. I don’t give a rats ass if you want to mainline Drano (its legal so its cheap;)) its your life, lose it in the manner you chose to…

***You seem to think you are the only person that can think for himself. That's hilarious and shows your own ignorance and elitist attitude. If you want to debate then debate the facts and quit acting like you are something special. Every pimple faced kid goes through a rebellious period. It seems like some of us can't seem to grow out of it.

not at all I know quite a number of people who do and I am blessed enough to call them friend. i just have no respect for those who obviously dont. But hey if you feel the need to live like SHEEP frightened of the night without a govt to sheperd you, then please do. you should be free to make that determination for yourself as well.

I'm sorry you gave up trying to change the things you thought were wrong with the world, some of us have more courage and persistence

at any rate i'm done with this discussion. far to much government propaganda & invalid arguments being regurgitated to have an honest debate. Go look at ALL the "facts" (from all sides, not just the one you support) then come back when your opinion is more informed.

i guess you dont have any issues with the govt tell you what you can and cant do with/to yourself.

be glad you live where you do. there are countries that do not allow such liberties. stop bashing kenny for his views, i'm with him on this one. (you gonna' bash me for that?)

I'll make sure when i'm fighting to keep the ignorant sheep from banning skydiving, or base jumping or freeclimbing (or any of the other "useless" things that you can kill your self doing) to exclude you from the list who wants to be able to determine their own fate. I don’t give a rats ass if you want to mainline Drano (its legal so its cheap) its your life, lose it in the manner you chose to…

reread this, maybe you'll see the absurdity of it. i understand it's your "take" on the subject as it were, but your saying you'd leave someone else out if you had to fight for a right? mainline drano? c'mon now...
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

very clean, good food, very little serious crime and great people. furthermore, they are so civilized, most cops do not even carry guns and they approach you with a smile.

Damn, I have been to Amsterdam many a times. I can guarantee you all cops carry a gun in Holland. (you might be mistakenly thinking of England). I certainly would not call Amsterdam clean or rid of any serious crime.

BTW, MJ is NOT legal in Holland.

believe me I AM glad i live where i do, and give a great deal of my time and energy to defending our way of life, including fighting against its government when/if it becomes oppressive.

i am bashing him for the view that it is the governments responsibility to protect us from ourselves, to govern the manner in which we use and abuse our own bodies.

in my view it is the governments job to provide accurate consistent information available on the risks involved in any activity and then to leave the citizens to decide on their participation (and possible death) in such activities.

this applies to everything even such ridiculous ideas as mainlining a common house hold cleaners. its certainly not my thing, and i'll gladly tell anyone i know of doing so how stupid i think they are, but i will not stop them from doing it, its not my life, or my right to interfere. nor is it the governments.

people may like to turn a blind eye to it, but the world is becoming a very crowded place. If an individual wants to increase his or her chances of leaving sooner (in any manner that does not infringe on others ability to live and die as they wish) the government should just BTFU. you may consider drug users to be darwin candidates, but remember to the mass of wuffos, we are too.

ever been to amsterdam?

i'm lucky enough to get to travel through there twice a month, although i don't partake of their liberties. but it is a very cool country! B|

Everyone should visit the Netherlands. Dunno about home of the brave, but it's certainly land of the free.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

believe me I AM glad i live where i do

then you won't mind obeying "our" laws?

and give a great deal of my time and energy to defending our way of life, including fighting against its government when/if it becomes oppressive

now your contradicting yourself. first, your glad you live where you do, now you refer to our government as "opressive?" and, what exactly are you doing to change laws?

you may consider drug users to be darwin candidates

your right, i do. not just candidates, but top 10 contenders. not because of substance abuse, but because they are "knowingly and intentionally breaking the law" which goes against everything our country stands for.

but remember to the mass of wuffos, we are too

sky diving is not against the law, if performed in a regulated dropzone. whuffos think we're nuts, because they don't understand why we do what we do. not because they're potential substance abusers. short and simple our 50 states are governed by laws that we created and are governed and enforced by our elected and salaried law enforcement officials. if you do not agree with one or more of these laws, do something to change them, but don't break the laws, that's just wrong, and it's illegal. if a person wants to do something bad enough they can figure out a 1000 ways to justify it.

the government should just BTFU

you won't get anything changed with language like this. some would consider this radical.
*sidebar comment*
why not sniff glue, or paint? i think it's cheaper than weed et al, and it's legal as long as you don't get busted "whuffing" on it.
--Richard--

and give a great deal of my time and energy to defending our way of life, including fighting against its government when/if it becomes oppressive

now your contradicting yourself. first, your glad you live where you do, now you refer to our government as "opressive?" and, what exactly are you doing to change laws?

He said "if/when", he didn't say it was at the moment.

you may consider drug users to be darwin candidates

your right, i do. not just candidates, but top 10 contenders. not because of substance abuse, but because they are "knowingly and intentionally breaking the law" which goes against everything our country stands for.

Funny, I seem to remember that this country was founded by rebels who were breaking the laws of the king and refusing to pay his taxes. I thought this country stood for liberty and justice, not blind obedience. In fact, in my opinion, obeying a law just because it is a law, even when you disagree with it is about as far removed from what this country stands for as I can imagine.

but remember to the mass of wuffos, we are too

sky diving is not against the law, if performed in a regulated dropzone. whuffos think we're nuts, because they don't understand why we do what we do.

What about BASE? Is that justifiably illegal?

short and simple our 50 states are governed by laws that we created and are governed and enforced by our elected and salaried law enforcement officials. if you do not agree with one or more of these laws, do something to change them, but don't break the laws, that's just wrong, and it's illegal.

Actually, we didn't create the laws. The elected officials did. This isn't a true democracy where we vote on every issue, we elect representatives to do that. Unfortunately there are certain issues such as the decriminalization of marijuana that are too controversial for politicians to touch. So the people don't have an opportunity to get that law changed.

In a few states they put the issue on ballots for the public to vote on, and the majority of times that was done, decriminalization to some degree or another was passed. However the feds have stepped in and said it doesn't matter what your state says, they supersede the local laws.

And wrong is subjective. You say it is wrong to ever do anything illegal just because it is illegal. H.D. Thoreau disagreed and said, in essence, if you know a law to be unjust or unfair you have a moral obligation to break that law.

why not sniff glue, or paint? i think it's cheaper than weed et al, and it's legal as long as you don't get busted "whuffing" on it.

Huh??? So it's ok to break the law as long as you don't get busted. Aren't you contradicting yourself?

i do break any and all laws i find to be unjust. Wither an action is legal or not is pretty far down on my decision tree. Civil disobedience is meaningless if you continue to follow the laws you find intolerable. Phil is correct. mindlessly toeing the line is NOT what our country is about. Self Determination is.

Wuffos lack the same understanding of skydiving that those who do not partake do of MJ. More people have died skydiving this year than have EVER been killed by MJ use, (the LD 50 of MJ is something like 2 1/2 tons over a 2 hour period, simply not possible) one is legal, the other is not. why? if the government undertook an ad campaign with as many exaggerations, half-truths, straw man and slippery slope arguments against skydiving as is does against MJ our sport would be illegal too, and we would have to deal with EVERY idiot on the street mindlessly repeating how "they cant even breath in freefall and its to dangerous for normal people to consider...all those airheads doing bandit jumps need to be locked away so they cant hurt themselves..lets confiscate their rigs and houses just to show how serious we are…."

as to glue, it has none of the same effects of MJ. might as well ask why you dont spend your money on commercial airlines instead of jump tickets. its all flying right??:P

Funny, I seem to remember that this country was founded by rebels who were breaking the laws of the king and refusing to pay his taxes. I thought this country stood for liberty and justice, not blind obedience. In fact, in my opinion, obeying a law just because it is a law, even when you disagree with it is about as far removed from what this country stands for as I can imagine.

ummm, NO actually the indians were here way before any american was on our soil. (history?) "blindly" obeying laws? c'mon, is it a law or not?

What about BASE? Is that justifiably illegal?

you'll please take notice, i was very precise on this issue, thus the term "sky diving" were i to make a comment about BASE, i would certainly utilize different language.

Actually, we didn't create the laws. The elected officials did

if your elected official makes a vote whether it be "yeah" or "nay" and you voted for him/her your voice was heard.

This isn't a true democracy where we vote on every issue, we elect representatives to do that. Unfortunately there are certain issues such as the decriminalization of marijuana that are too controversial for politicians to touch. So the people don't have an opportunity to get that law changed.

in this country you can choose from any number of options to change issues you don't like, utilize your options. i understand political science is offered at several major universities.

(my words)why not sniff glue, or paint? i think it's cheaper than weed et al, and it's legal as long as you don't get busted "whuffing" on it.
(your response)Huh??? So it's ok to break the law as long as you don't get busted. Aren't you contradicting yourself?

no, you missunderstood what i was trying to say. i was wondering out loud why no on is raising hell trying to get paint, or glue legalized for inhalation purposes, i mean a "buzz" is a "buzz" right? or is it just marijuana is a better "buzz?" as i stated earlier, if someone wants to utilize an illegal substance of some kind, there are 1000 ways to justify it. by the way, i'm curious, do you smoke weed? do you try your best to abide by our laws?
i don't do this very often, but i'll share a short "experience" with you. over a year ago, my youngest son who was 17 at the time, came to me and advised me he had been smoking marijuana, and injecting herion. never in my life had i been so hurt, and ashamed. not angry, hurt. and i was ashamed of myself, because i didn't do a better job as a parent, i failed him, he didn't fail the system. i didn't even know the symptoms of drug abuse until this happened, this was another of my failures, not being an "informed parent" (at least the communication lines were open between him and i or things could have turned out much differently) you will never know this feeling, until, and god forbid, it happens to you. now, after getting some help, over a year later, he's clean, straight, squared away and sober. he just joined the army.
--Richard--

wanna talk about drugs that affect the health and well being of people in this country? how about a white, powder substance that comes from down south that everyone loves???????????? SUGAR! more people die and suffer health problems from this DRUG than any other. but no one really cares about that, i mean, no one ever OD on ice cream, right? and the cops i talked to in amsterdamn did not have guns and i walked the streets at all hours of the night while there. walk down long point at 3am-no way man!;)

perhaps your right. i stand corrected, there are now 1001 ways to justify breaking laws. you stated you break laws you don't like, enjoy what i fear may be the rest of your limited freedom. if you get busted i bet it would change your attitude. law enforcement officials don't "coddle" offenders.

as to glue, it has none of the same effects of MJ.

i assume you speak from personal knowledge?

might as well ask why you dont spend your money on commercial airlines instead of jump tickets. its all flying right??

so, you think i swim to saudi arabia and back twice a month?
--Richard--

More people have died skydiving this year than have EVER been killed by MJ use

Lets be a little bit more realistic here. Granted people get hurt and die every year in the sport of skydiving and most are self induced. No where in the parachute manufacturing process or in the delivery from the plant to the retailers is anybody hurt. The same cannot be said for the drug business, no matter the type of drug. You may not be able to smoke yourself to death but the illegal drug you ingest have at some point in their journey caused death and or oppression to someone else along the way.

You make some interesting points but you also convienently avoid answering some of the questions posted by others or outright ignore the counterpoints that are made and continue to say basically the same thing in a round about manner. We get the point, you only obey the laws that you feel are worth obeying and everyone else(which seems to be most of the population) is a blind sheep following the Government. If you and others are som vehlemently opposed to the current law why don't you do someting about it and move to have it changed? I know it has been attempted in the past and it has consistantly been rejected becasue in all honesty no one can show that the positives attributes of making it legal outweigh the laundry list of negatives that it has. If they could I am positive that the law would of been changed by now. You and others don't have to like the law and or the Government nor do you have to obey them, but get caught breaking them and expect to be held accountable. Obeying the law in and of itself does not make one a sheep.

I bet if you put as much energy into trying to leagalize marijuna as you do posting about how it should be legalized you might actually cause the law to either be changed or at least modified(personally, I highly doubt it, but stranger things have happened).
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING