FreeFlyASC

Pell City Stolen Gear Recovered

Heres the article from the Birmingham Newspaper. Of course its not completely acurate, but they never are.

-----------------------------------------------------------
MAN SOUGHT IN THEFT OF SKYDIVING GOODS

Pell City police have issued a warrant for a 37-year-old Birmingham man sought in the theft of an estimated $90,000 worth of
skydiving equipment from Alabama Skydiving's offices at the St. Clair County Airport.

Detective George Massey said Christopher Wade Davis of 16th Ave. South in Birmingham failed twice to show up for questioning and is
believed to have fled the state. Massey said the warrant issued Tuesday charges Davis with first-degree theft of property stemming
from the burglary on Dec. 12.

Massey said all but two of the eight stolen riggings packed with parachutes and automatic activation devices have been recovered
with the assistance of the Moody Police Department and an employee of the skydiving club's parent company, Adventure Skydiving of
Atlanta.

I hope they fucked up the loosers that did it. Screw the law lets handle this the old fashioned way.

Ray, a few years ago some travelling vietnam vet skydiver rolled through my dad's place (Skydive Opelika in Alabama) and was caught red-handed in the middle of the night emptying all the gear out of the loft. Needless to say, it was a very bad day for that guy. It was truly handled "Alabama style." When the law arrived, there was little for them to do other than scrape this scumbag off the driveway.

Chuck

Christopher Wade Davis of 16th Ave. South in Birmingham failed twice to show up for questioning and is believed to have fled the state. Massey said the warrant issued Tuesday charges Davis with first-degree theft of property stemming

Anybody know this guy? Skydiver? Hope not.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I read on a site that some of the rigs were recovered at a gear dealer after being bought off ebay. Did the dealer approach you with the rigs or did they not even know they had stolen gear?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I read on a site that some of the rigs were recovered at a gear dealer after being bought off ebay. Did the dealer approach you with the rigs or did they not even know they had stolen gear?

One of the rigs was sold to Eric Fleming from Blue Skies Rigging in Florida. Eric called after he noticed the serial numbers matched those on the stolen gear page. Everyone who knows Eric ,tell him thank you for being a honest person and a true blooded skydiver.

My personal rig and the canopy of another jumper was sold to http://www.cousindave.com a gear dealer in New York we have contacted him and are still waiting for him to return the gear (keep your fingers crossed that he will)

My personal rig and the canopy of another jumper was sold to http://www.cousindave.com a gear dealer in New York we have contacted him and are still waiting for him to return the gear (keep your fingers crossed that he will

If he does'nt let us know on here so we can take our business to an honest business, if he does let us know too :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

If he does'nt let us know on here so we can take our business to an honest business, if he does let us know too :)

I'm sure that he will. If I understand correctly, cousin dave is actually Brian Germain's cousin (and his name is Dave) - and Brian seems like a nice honest person, hopefully it runs in the family :D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Of coures one of the 2 rigs were mine!!!

That sucks. But I'm glad the rest were found. Is there a picture of the thief that you could post on this forum? If he actually jumps someone might see him sometime.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

I dunno if that is a good idea. The man is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

It is perfectly alright. You have to be able to get him to court to determine if he is guilty or not. From the earlier posts he is apparently wanted for questioning and is on the run. I'm just saying with a picture we could call him in when we saw him. The police will do the rest.

It is perfectly alright

I disagree. There may be more to this than you or I know. Furthermore, what if the guy is innocent? The police can do thier job without our help. If however there is a wanted poster from said police then, I would tend to agree that it would be justified.

As much as it sounds like a good idea, I think it may be a good idea to hold off on the wanted posters. What if the guy turns out to be innocent? How would you like it of your face was plastered all over the net calling you a gear thief and it turns out your not? If the guy is guilty then by all means. If a warrent is issued for him then by all means. But until then lets show some restraint.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

If a warrent is issued for him then by all means. But until then lets show some restraint.

Massey said the warrant issued Tuesday charges Davis with first-degree theft of property stemming