konradptr

How much are normal jump tickets at your US DZ???

Not really talking about discount group and team rates, or boogie tickets. Just wondering if anyone else outside Denver is going to have to pay $21 for a ride to 12,000agl starting April...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

Not really talking about discount group and team rates, or boogie tickets. Just wondering if anyone else outside Denver is going to have to pay $21 for a ride to 12,000agl starting April...

This is why I'll still be jumping at skydive the rockies.:S And if the prices are going up just cause of the otter they can count me out of the womens state record.
Fly it like you stole it!

Sky Knights is $18.00 for members, and $20.00 for non-members, to 13,500' AGL. There was a thought to raise them to $19.00 and $21.00 respectively, once the Twotter gets here, but it was decided to keep it the same. Other DZ's in the area charge $20 - 21.00, to 12,500'. So we're a pretty good deal I suppose.

Easy Does It

Tell us, what did you do this weekend? Don't be shy, I'm sure everyone wants to know the big news.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Yes, the secret is out, hehe. This weekend, a film crew from the UK came out and did an interview for a documentary concerning that slurry bomber that almost hit me. Should be entertaining, it took most of Saturday afternoon, and Sunday all day. As soon as I get a copy, I'll out a copy of it on ftp.skydivingmovies.com.

Well, I started a thread

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=203719;search_string=pay;#203719

on this last August, but I suppose it's time to revisit, considering fuel price increases. It would be useful to include whether there's an extra charge for credit card use.

HW

I don't get this. If there are 20 dz.com users who jump at Expensive-DZ and one who jumps at Cheapo-DZ this poll will register 20 expensive votes and one cheap vote? Wouldn't it be more useful to summarize the prices at DZs instead of summarizing the numbers of people who pay each amount?

Strange poll...

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I don't have a "home dz" and I like it that way.

That said, the local ones I go to are Cessna DZ's, and fit the bottom end of your scale.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

There are discounts for cash everywhere, etc. The new price (eff 04-01-03) at Mile-Hi is $21, and add an extra 3% if you are paying with anything but cash. There are no block discounts, no referral discounts, no team discounts, etc... So jumps in Denver will be a minimum of $21, and if you don't have cash, $21.63... And they want to raise it more, we'll wait- I would assume it will go up before the end of the summer.... And these prices are to 12,000agl...

And these prices are to 12,000agl...

12000agl in Denver?

Well, it is an extra cost to equip the plane with on board oxygen for every jump.

You do have oxygen for every jump, right?
It's your life, live it!

You do have oxygen for every jump, right?

Depends on the DZ. Some have an O2 bottle w/ one tube, and the pilot isn't gonna give it up, some have it available to all the jumpers. It only has to be available to the passengers, we don't have to use it.

Hook

I know you are not required to use it, but since the dz is required to have it available above 16000 msl, it is an added expense, and could very well justify a high lift price. Think about it....if oxygen wasn't available, you couldn't really go any higher than 16000 msl, and I think in your case that ends up being under 11000 agl. I'd pay the extra $$$ for the altitude there.
It's your life, live it!