diverdriver

Fayard Enterprises goes bankrupt?????

I jumped at Carolina Sky Sports yesterday and last weekend and I didn't hear any talk or rumor about anything like that and nothing seemed any differnt. Paul also gave a talk on safety day and seemed to be in his normal good humor. There have been some changes at the dz over the winter, but all of them positive.

Brisco

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Why don't you give Fayard a call and just ask him. ***

We should probably make that a conference call. There may be notable quotations that no one should miss:)
-Hixxx

death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Well.......not a rumor. According to the North Carolina Bankruptcy courts. The reason I post this is because I am concerned for jumpers' safety in jump planes. An operation that can't pay its' bills might have trouble paying for maintenance on its' planes. That is all. Be an informed consumer.

Search HERE. Also, click on "Creditors". This is going to go BIG TIME.

Name and Address of Debtor
FAYARD ENTERPRISES, INC.

MAILING ADDRESS
PO BOX 703
LOUISBURG, NC 27549

[personal address removed from this posting]

Attorney(s) For Debtor
Douglas Q. Wickham
Hatch, Little & Bunn
P. O. Box 527
Raleigh, NC 27602
(919) 856-3940 Attorney(s) For Joint Debtor

Trustee Assigned
DEBTOR IN POSSESSION

341 Meeting:
03/27/2003 at 10:00 A.M.
USBA Meeting Rm, Room 443, Century Station Bldg, 300 Fayetteville St,Raleigh,NC Confirmation Hearing:

Claims Deadline: 06/25/2003 Originally Filed: 02/27/2003
Complaints Deadline: N/A Original Chapter: 11 Date Closed: Pending
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

I jumped, Pauls Blue Otter 3 times last weekend and it seemed fine for me, but bankrupt, hell people do that all the time, just to get some breathing room for a bit and work on some debt, I was under the impression that all that really meant was that there is no more interest acrued not that they can't pay bills, but I could be wrong

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Well.......not a rumor. According to the North Carolina Bankruptcy courts. The reason I post this is because I am concerned for jumpers' safety in jump planes. An operation that can't pay its' bills might have trouble paying for maintenance on its' planes. That is all. Be an informed consumer.

I doubt very seriously that the reason you posted this is because of your "concern" for jumpers safety. If this were the case why not just call him up and ask?? Or how about doing your own research online (as you can see it's public info that's easily obtainable) instead of posting on this board?
It sounds to me like you have a personal beef with Paul. Or possibly your just the type of person who likes to hear himself talk, and has to do things like this to "try" to feel important. I don't know you or your hidden agenda but I do know Paul and I know that safety is the top priority.
I really hope this is not a dig at the maintenance crew at Fayard Enterprises either. I know most, if not all of the professionals who work on his planes and they would really take offense to someone inferring that they did 'poor maintenance' or 'let things slide'. Many of them jump the same planes they work on... so why would they do a half ass job??? Why would they put themselves in danger?

I realize that not everyone likes Paul or agrees with everything he does, but take your personal beef and your hidden agendas into a private arena, face to face with Paul and deal with them like a real man would, not like a coward. >:(>:(>:(
Jason M.
Active jumper at Carolina Sky Sports for over 8 years.

I doubt very seriously that the reason you posted this is because of your "concern" for jumpers safety. If this were the case why not just call him up and ask?? Or how about doing your own research online (as you can see it's public info that's easily obtainable) instead of posting on this board?
It sounds to me like you have a personal beef with Paul. Or possibly your just the type of person who likes to hear himself talk, and has to do things like this to "try" to feel important. I don't know you or your hidden agenda but I do know Paul and I know that safety is the top priority.
I really hope this is not a dig at the maintenance crew at Fayard Enterprises either. I know most, if not all of the professionals who work on his planes and they would really take offense to someone inferring that they did 'poor maintenance' or 'let things slide'. Many of them jump the same planes they work on... so why would they do a half ass job??? Why would they put themselves in danger?

I realize that not everyone likes Paul or agrees with everything he does, but take your personal beef and your hidden agendas into a private arena, face to face with Paul and deal with them like a real man would, not like a coward. >:(>:(>:(
Jason M.
Active jumper at Carolina Sky Sports for over 8 years.

You may know Paul but apparently you don't know Chris.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Well Jason McClure, you just might ask your team mate Matt Norris from the Angry Beez about who I am and what I'm about. Hidden agenda? Oh please. I'll assume that you don't know who I am or what I've done about jump plane education and safety. So, click on my website and look around. www.DiverDriver.com. I've met Paul once. That was during the record attempts at SDC in 2000. So how could I have something against Paul? I believe that anyone being investigated by the IRS, Dept. of Treasury, and the Securities and Exchange Commission has a lot of issues going on. I always tell jumpers they should be aware of the planes they jump out of and how they are maintained. Nothing has changed. It's what I do. Maybe it's because I'm tired of having my friends die in jump plane accidents. In my 8 years in this sport I have had 24 friends killed in jump plane accidents. That's why I started my website. I didn't see anyone else doing anything about what I percieve to be a problem. The Cypres was started because someone was tired of no-pulls in this sport. He saw a need. He did something about it. I am trying to do the same thing. So, as for being someone who likes to hear his own voice well, you might be right. Because as long as I have breath in my lungs I will try to educate as many jumpers and pilots about what safe aircraft operations are about.

Am I trying to spread dirt on someone? How can I be? It's on a public website for all to see like accident reports on the FAA and NTSB sites. We have "Press Clips" on all sorts of topics here on DZ.com. How is my post different from that?

Also, this thread was dead. It's been 8 days without posts. If you didn't want my words spread around why did you bump it up? It's not like many go back and search my posts in Talk Balk.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Okay I'll bite...

At the Easter Boogie at Carolina Skysports some 3 or 4 years ago. I was doing 8-ways. Our 8-ways were floating over the freeflyers in freefall. I was tracking with open canopies 2000 ft. directly below me. We told Paul, but Paul was catering to the newer market of freeflyers at the time. He told us "Your opinion doesn't count!" So much for dealing with him in person. This after hearing he had already had an incident of someone tracking through the lines of an open canopy within that year. Fayard's role in safety, BULLSHIT. Your claim BULLSHIT... His poor judgement has become one of the things I recant at safety day every year...

If find it much more offensive to see someone unconditionally buttering the backside of a DZO, than revealing a bankruptcy report...

regards, Jon

Oddly enough, I actually agree with Driver here. Any plane owner that cant afford to run his/her business has got to raise some eyebrows on where they are putting their money and how the a/c is maintained . I dont know paul, so nothing personal, but that is a legitimate reason to ask some valid questions...

-Dolemite

"Officially disapproved by the man"

And I will bite back!

I find it hard to believe that you were outright told that "Your opinion doesn't count", but obviously I can't dispute it. However, Having been to several boogies at CSS in the past 3 - 4 years I do know that Paul is in constant contact with the pilots. Changing the spot for wind or seperation because of issues discussed previously. Additionally, I believe it is the generalization that chapter 11 automatically means substandard maintenance. A time I recall during last years memorial day boogie. We were all waiting for the Casa, but not to get to specific (I am not a mechanic), was on the ground for work. The mechanics kept working through out the night in hopes of fixing the problem. Actually, did and several test flights were flown, however a gauge was not working. Rather, than take jumpers up and reep the monetary rewards the choice was made to keep the casa on the ground.

Chris your database is a great idea, but somehow an assumption created an emotion.

It was my first contact with a major DZO. I'll never forget his words... They made and indelible impression on a young skydiver. I would have returned to the boogie every year, if it wasn't for that. My impression was that the guy was a hot head. I couldn't believe the guy didn't care about our safety after having the piss scared out of us like that...

-Hixxx

Okay, I'm interested in this because we use Fayard's planes at my DZ. They were actually talking about it this weekend, and the belief seems to be that it is a temporary thing that will be worked out in a couple of months, and that he mainly has been hit very hard by one of the worst winters the east coast has seen in a long time. Does anyone have another view on this?

Frankly, I'm not very concerned about the safety and maintenance of his planes. I jump at Skydive The Point in West Point, VA, which you probably know had a Queen Air crash several years ago that killed everyone on board. Our current school owner was there when it happened and has said that since that happened, he is hyper-vigilant about the aircraft. I'm very confident that if there were any chance that one of our Fayard planes was getting poor maintenance, because of the bankruptcy or for any other reason, that he would not be letting it fly at our DZ. I don't know Paul or much of anything about him, but I do know this man, and I have a lot of trust in his judgement, especially in this area, knowing his feelings about the Queen Air crash (which, just for the record, did not come from Fayard). So, if anyone has any concrete reasons to dispute what I've said, please let me know.

Additionally, I believe it is the generalization that chapter 11 automatically means substandard maintenance.

No, I said that people should keep their eyes open to make sure that does not happen. I did not say that HAS happened.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125