goindown

When are we going to finally get rid of guns and war?????

what the hells a troll?

A troll trolling is a cave dwelling dwarf who puts out a baited line trying to get someone to bite.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

what we need to outgrow is the strange delusion that there is this entity called a "god" and that it cares about what we do with ourselves. once and for all folks, WE ARE ALONE we are on our own.

GOSH, thanks for clearing that up for all of us.:S We never in our lives would have even considered that possibility if you hadn't enlightened us.:o
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

hmmm. i deduce that you are not an atheist. not being religious i am unable to see things from your point of view and thus cannot tell what will and will not offend you. if you wish to explain further, by all means, please, indulge yourself.
edit addon:
no sarcasm or inflammation intended either. im always looking for something that will improve or upgrade my philosophy. maybe ill learn something from you. you never know.
evolution WILL be served, one way or another!!!! im not jumping, im imitating a reluctant meteor.

hmmm. maybe it was the all caps we are alone part. or was it that i presume to make a sweeping generalization like that? or is it that im so arrogant as to think i know better than the vast majority of people on this planet? every major improvement in humanity's lot in life was made by people who thought they knew better than everyone else. history proved them right. i dont expect to have jack of an effect on the species but i DO sometimes attempt to get people to question their beliefs, maybe think it through instead of accepting what someone else told them about god. after all, who told THEM? no matter. i cant make my posts so sterile as to offend nobody, but sorry anyway. disturbing someone else's calm in a negative way is usually a bad thing. you seem pissed. that was not my intention. goodnight and blue ones man.
evolution WILL be served, one way or another!!!! im not jumping, im imitating a reluctant meteor.

I want to handgrenade the fuckers!!! Where are they??? Who are they??? Never mind, let's handgrenade them

No no no dont do that cause then we'll have to change the tread again to "When are we going to finally get rid of handgrenades and war"
;)
jason
Freedom of speech includes volume

now THATS the spirit! handgrenades for everyone! death and destruction and devil take the hindmost! build a pile of bodies and whoever climbs to the top first wins! depopulate the planet! feed the worms! celebrate human supremacy with festive mushroom clouds! radiation is good for you! shrapnel tastes better in the afternoon! decorate your car with a skull for a hood ornament! eat meat and save the plants! kill everything ask questions later! did i leave anything out?

holding a negative opinion toward any concept of divinity because of bad childhood experiences with old world religions is just as close-minded as the blind faith types

how terrible it would be to walk the earth and not see the beauty beyond man, free of the religious dogma that has been forced upon you.

the greatest evil of organized religion may be that the backlash against it makes many people believe that there are only two choices, and so they close their eyes to ANY experience of divinity, when there are FAR more options than are dreamt of in your philosophy

why set your mind against and decide that there is NOTHING greater than man simply because man's religions are often so shallow? forever is a long time to be making proclamations about is it not?

can you prove there is nothing else after this? if you cant it is best to keep an open mind, as it helps to deal with the shock of new experiences.
:)

-----------------------
hmmm BV interesting. I wonder when the change was? most versions i looked at in college still used the word "Witch". I think that may be a modification to newer additions, perhaps in response to the proliferation of new age religions using the word to refer to themselves. christians accomidating other religions freedoms WOW maybe there is hope;)

that is still a mis translation though(at least per my religious studies professor and some of the source materials i found when i did a paper on it i'll see if i can find it but i did it on this typewriter wordprocessor thingy soo.... it should be

"thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live"

apparently there was quite the problem at the time with assasination using poison as a means of political change...

now THATS the spirit! handgrenades for everyone! death and destruction and devil take the hindmost! build a pile of bodies and whoever climbs to the top first wins! depopulate the planet! feed the worms! celebrate human supremacy with festive mushroom clouds! radiation is good for you! shrapnel tastes better in the afternoon! decorate your car with a skull for a hood ornament! eat meat and save the plants! kill everything ask questions later! did i leave anything out?

Dude...you amaze me...I really like what you say!
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

oh fuckit why not...
the thought train went like this:if i may make myself a bit clearer:
im not sure about divinity or the concept of per se: i DO know what i can see and what the universe looks like bears no resemblance to the picture presented by any religion ive ever seen. to me everything and every opinion ive ever seen boiled down to "someone made this stuff up and someone else believed it and it persists to this day." i won't rule out higher orders of existence than i can personally perceive, after all, after the discovery of the electromagnetic spectrum we discovered that what our senses tell us is only the tiniest perception of a millionth of reality. instead it seems everyone out there thinks THEIR flavor of religion and world picture is the ONLY one the only TRUE one and all others are damned/wrong/evil/deluded. some, (radical islam, radical christianity, hell, radical anything) think they have to "civilize" or "save" anything that is NOT themselves. if i could say any one thing to the entire religious population of the world it would be: "have any of you considered the possibility...the overwhelming probability... that youre ALL wrong?" i mean, we as a species outgrew every religious belief system that came before the modern day ones, if you become aware that someday your beliefs will be as obsolete and laughable as the old greek gods, doesnt that invalidate them here, now? the part of my own philosophy that bugs me is, if they were all wrong, and everyone today is all wrong, and i already know IM wrong, what can be done about it? anything i can think up is still from a limited perspective and thus probably just as wrong as everything else. i bet the ancient greeks thought they knew it all, too and were so elevated above the previous set of truths, too. someday our great great grandkids are going to snicker at our beliefs just as we do our old ones. that includes me. if we know someday we'll know better, that makes us wrong now, so how can we know better, now? doesnt that mean we already DO know better, here, now? the metaphysical solution to this one escapes me. but i think thats the point of the question in the first place.
damn. im stupid.;)
how bout i shut up and jump?

ah but you see you did hit the key right there...

anything i can think up

dont think.
just live.
and it will come to you.
when you stop the blithering voice of your mind and see the world for itself.
then all the colors suddenly change. infinite shades of blue:)
the only thing nesesary is that you live life true to yourself.

so much easier said than done

that, sir, is the reason i first set foot on a dropzone not yet a year ago. its brighter than i ever thought possible up there. i like it. ive had a permanent grin ever since. so i dont have the answers. so what?B|

What's interesting is that I believe in God, and I agree with you about how to behave. It's up to each of us.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

dont worry i dont think that anyone has the answers really, much less those who really think they do..

the point is not to stop looking...

i agree it took skydiving to remind me to enjoy the world around me...i had somehow forgotten that along the way..

As far as I can tell, commonly used Bibles have been translated several times from the original aramaic and hebrew texts...in the translation of it many times over, there are bound to be mistranslations, and translations which will serve the current ruling party and support them.

One word, which King James had quite the discourse with Reginald Scot in ~circa: 1580 ~ details the difference between the original word in hebrew "chasaph", meaning "poisoner". At both the time Exodus was written as well as during King James' reign, there were political assassinations using poison, and only a godless man/woman would deliberately try to kill the leader of (pick the country). Bear in mind that "godless" is generally used to denote someone who didn't believe the way the ruler of (pick your country) told them to, but rather either used their own mind to determine what they believed or believed otherwise for other reasons.

Poisoner is, from what I understand, someone who used roots, herbs, and various other "natural" techniques - a "naturalist", as it were, to create unguents, perfumes, salves, medications, and yes, occasionally a poison. The use of Belladona, for example, was wide spread as a poison, as well as many other freegrowing flowers, plants, and herbs. Because someone had the knowledge to kill with a flower, they were considered quite dangerous. And because they were dangerous, and godless, they were therefore consorting with the Devil. And if they consorted with the Devil, why, therefore they must be witches....

In the late 1500's, the phrase Witch was far different than that in the time of Exodus; in ancient times, a witch was someone who could interpret dreams, and had otherworldly power, but who did not necessarily believe as the ruling group would want...evidence the "witch of Endor", who was consulted by a king (just who escapes me at the moment) for assistance in planning a war...and in the middle ages, a witch meant someone who consorted with Satan, and cast spells and soured milk with a look, etc....so, due to one man's insistence that his version of the Bible be the ruling book, there is a mistranlation which now appears here on DZ.com, in the midst of a war thread.

Is this not an interesting world we live in, where that can occur? LOL!

I am no historian, and claim no education in theology; nor do I speak aramaic or hebrew. An MSNBC advanced search turned this up...took about 30 minutes...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~