goindown

When are we going to finally get rid of guns and war?????

I think Cypress should be made mandatory NOT to have!!!! HAH top that

I think any AFF or tandem instructor that passes a drug test should be fired immediately. :o

Top THAT! :ph34r:

OOooooo! :o:D

Well, having an RSL and Cypres is like wearing a belt with suspenders.:D

y

On the other hand, a .223 Remington round--specifically the Hornady Tactical Application Police (TAP) round, or any other with a poly tip--will discharge almost all of it's energy immediately after contact with a surface. The TAP round will actually come apart most of the time, therefore reducing its energy so much, when whats left of it goes through the next sheet of drywall, it will generally fall to the ground within a few feet. In a gelatin mold test, the 223 TAP performs wonderfully with a huge shock path and excellent wounding potential.

reply]
I wonder though, if you had an intruder who was built like Haystack Calhoon, and if he were wearing a leather jacket, would this round penetrate enough to do any damage. I know in hunting big game, under penetration can be a big problem. I've seen two antelope that were hit squarely in the shoulder from a 270 (130 grain bullet). Both should have been dead instantly, but the bullet only penetrated a couple inches and blew up on a shoulder blade. They almost got away. I learned not to hit much bone with Nosler Ballistic Tip Bullets. They were too fragile. At least the early versions were, the ones on the market now are more solidly built. But at any rate you have to be very careful with fragile bullets when hunting and I would think the same would be true in self defense situations. They may not get the job done......Steve1

Leather or layers will begin expansion, but not cause underpenetration. TAP ammo will actually defeat soft body armor, and still cause enough tissue damage to immobilize or slow an adversary. But again, in an urban environment, the rapid expansion and fragmentation will reduced the risk of overpenetration and ricochets.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

I think Cypress should be made mandatory NOT to have!!!! HAH top that

I think any AFF or tandem instructor that passes a drug test should be fired immediately. :o

Top THAT! :ph34r:

I think pilot chutes should be illegal!:S

Hollowpoint bullets are designed to expand upon impact with flesh. Hydraulic pressure from the fluids in soft body tissues presses against the internal wall of the hollow cavity, causing the wall to peel backwards around the bullet shank, increasing bullet diameter. (The mechanics of hollowpoint bullet expansion are entirely analogous to cuffing a shirt sleeve.) Bullet expansion acts like a parachute to slow and stop the bullet as it penetrates dense soft tissue.

If a hollowpoint bullet is propelled too quickly, it will either overexpand and not penetrate deeply enough, or it will fragment. If the bullet fragments, it defeats the purpose of using an expanding bullet.

Handgun Wounding Factors and Effectiveness
FIREARMS TRAINING UNIT
FBI ACADEMY
QUANTICO, VIRGINIA

Yes, exactly, in handguns.

Edit. This is also a 14-year-old study. Corbon, Magtech, Triton have created some very, very fast rounds that are prefragmented in many cases. They have been shown to cause more tissue damage than a conventional hollowpoint in both gelatin and field use.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

[replyAnd we all know the kind of shit you'd be in if you couldn't finish off such vile rodents quickly! I agree, the .38 is the weapon of choice for home defense when facing down a guinea pig with mayhem and murder on his mind. Of course, if you were to find a sloth, siamese cat or giant tortoise breaking into your house, that S+W .50 might be the better choice.

LOL. The only problem with the big gun is you'll be deaf if you try shooting it in the house. Then again, your life 'll be saved from the treachery of the giant mutant tortoise!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

yeah, in on one of the many tangents of this troll-spawned thread, firearms use in an urban environment (home defense) evolved. I was trying to explain a new way of thinking. Honestly, I live in the middle of nowhere, so I keep my .300 WinMag Tac rifle at the ready with a full box mag of handloads featuring the 190-gr Swift Sciracco. Just to be sure, you know?B|

mike

As i learned on a recent skydiving adventure, and I figure it applies to torti (plural?) as well, turtles can be scolded with a simple flick to the nose.

mike

yeah, in on one of the many tangents of this troll-spawned thread, firearms use in an urban environment (home defense) evolved. I was trying to explain a new way of thinking. Honestly, I live in the middle of nowhere, so I keep my .300 WinMag Tac rifle at the ready with a full box mag of handloads featuring the 190-gr Swift Sciracco. Just to be sure, you know?B|

Mike,
I too love my 300 Win. Mag. with nosler partitions, loaded hot, for elk. For home defense I have a short barrelled pump 12 guage, with three inch shells. Hopefully I'll never need it, but it is comforting knowing it's there, if needed. Steve1

OK, just to thoroughly round out all the hijacking, I have posted the following.

If you have been a good skydiver all your life, and said your prayers, when you finally burn in this is what you will see when you open your eyes:

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

boobies!.jpg