mccordia

new file at ftp.skydivingmovies.com, OMG!?

Just finished watching the 4freefall (real)video new at ftp.skydivingmovies.com.

That's just WRONG!!

*edit*
CLICKY LINK TO THE FILE
ftp://ftp.skydivingmovies.com/uploads/4freefall_t1.rm
An AFF'er pulls his release-pillow instead of his ripcord, and when the JM pulls his main just flips of his back, and he has to pull his reserve to save his ass (if the cypress doesn't do it for him)

The docu voice-over just states that it's not his fault. and the guy just sits there and talks about how everything was wrong (but never saying it was actualy his own mistake), and then he goes on about 'what now...' when he didn't have a main 'they didn't train me on this'

What do you mean they didn't train me on this..??

No main at your dec. altitude..go for your reserve...they teach this to everyone right???

Then he proceded to land in some powerlines...
You can't blame someone on jump#1, but still...it's HIS mistake...

But he just sits there, and blames everyone except himself, and gets nationwide media-attention for doing so...verry wrong..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

But he just sits there, and blames everyone except himself

What an ass. If that attitude keeps up, jumps will suck with him..."why were you all over the sky on that jump?" "No, it couldn't have been me, I know I only have 20 jumps, but I was falling in a column..."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I love the way you get real bad commentry from "whuffos" on skydiving vids.

The way they percive us doing our "crazy mid air stunts plummeting to earth at 120 mph" is great.
I love to have someone make me laugh :D:D:D

www.myspace.com/durtymac

The guy sitting there talking looks like someone who got the advice (or decided himself) to quit the AFF training, and then proceded to make an ass, of a sport that didn't want him, on TV..

It's not good PR material...although I actualy believe it IS good recruting material in terms of getting new students.
According to our DZ owner, there are usualy twice as many people writing in for FJC after an accident or nasty mention of skydiving in the media...

Not sure if thats a good thing though...but since the public oppinion is already pretty much screwed up...who cares...I gues..:(
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

What fucking morons!!! This just goes to show
that you cant believe a damn thing the media puts
out......."I deployed my cut away,and then my
instructor saved my ass by clearing my main."
This is like a kick in the nuts to the skydiving
community!!! Anything for $$$ I guess:S

...so first of all he wasn't paying attention to altitude. then, when his instructor tried to get him to pull his ripcord he jerked his arm away. then, when the instructor tried frantically to get his hand to the ripcord, he resisted and went for the release.

I expected him to say "yeah, before we jumped the instructor went on and on about a bunch of crap. i was too busy staring at this one chick's rack to pay attention, but i'm pretty sure he never explained what to do in that situation. thank god i got one that had two parachutes in the 'parachute holder'. i believe that's the technical term for it, a 'parachute holder'."

contact information:

Call 1-800 ASSHOLE...good chance you might be able to reach him there..:)

What I don't understand is, how can a TV station air something like this without aksing someone involved (besides the student) on what it actualy is that's happening here..?
I know TV stations don't like to check up stuff, but this is kinda heavy...

I've heard of various camera-people who (if they)video-ed nasty stuff like this, they would only give the student the 'healty' part of the video.
A video like this one, could have been cut at the point where he pulls his main.

He would still have some video, but nothing which could get the JM's or DZ into trouble or could put the sport in a bad light...

But I gues that's just up to the person making the video...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

What I don't understand is, how can a TV station air something like this without aksing someone involved (besides the student) on what it actualy is that's happening here..?

It was on Shock TV, they air almost everything.

It was fun looking at that video (after hearing all the BS he said).

Most probably is that he did tried to sue, dunno if he won it or no.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com