JumpingKayAus

Online Dating - desperately seeking answers!

How come the single, eligible, up for a laugh, apparently very attractive, not to mention skydiving, women are in the US. Is someone going to cut us UK guys some slack and share the love??:S:) LOL drop me an email girl i'll send you a photo - ya never know.

Hmm think that was asking for a date.... dam I is getting brave:$:P.
tasadin at hotmail dot com

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Hi Girl!

Long time, no hear or see! I presume from your post that you are no longer dating your beau! Sorry to hear that.

Relationships are a funny thing... when you have one, you wish you were single. When you are single and lonely you wish you had a relationship. The constant struggle and growth process of life, I guess. No real words of wisdom, but as they say, when one door closes another one opens - keep your spirits up sweetie. That person will come along when you least expect it.

Come vist us, I miss your vibrant lil self! BIG HUGS!!! miss ya, gia

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Did it change shortly after you met them in person? I know a lot of people that's happened to. I had one women I had a pretty intense relationship with on-line. We met in person, didn't last long - she was pretty annoying in person. (I'm sure I was to her, too.) Currently I have a good friend who I email a lot, but when we're together in person we don't communicate as well. That's OK, though, since we see each other only on weekends. I know a few other people who are the opposite. Everyone's different.

Hi JKA,

I call it life. I can not speak from an online standpoint, since the only person I met first online before in person is Skymama. But, in life in general good friends come and go and only 1, maybe two will be lifelong friends, in my experience.

People go through different phases in their lives that call for different kinds of friends; eventually as you change and those friends do not, you move on; no hard feelings.

Right or wrong, I eliminate all uncomfortable or stressful situations in my life; if that means not keeping in touch w/ old friends, that's what it means. It's not meant to sound brutal, it's just life.

I have on best friend since Kindergarten whom I haven't seen in two years but who I talk on the phone w/ and e-mail several times every week. That is a friend for life.

I have numerous other friends that I really care about; one is moving soon and since we're being blunt, I doubt if we'll stay in contact, but at least I know that if we were to run in to each other at a DZ in the future, we could pick up and jump toghether right where we left off; no hard feelings.

So no worries; if you'd like to stay in touch, stay in touch; if not, don't let it stress you out. It's just life.:P;):)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

You know it could possibly be the allure of the internet.

You know jmpn, I actually think that has a lot to do with it. The element of not knowing who is actually at the other end of the computer is really exciting.

Well maybe try not getting too close.

Yeah, I just need to set some boundaries I guess.

:S

I've met a ton of people from on here, a few more from chats or whatever, then of course my husband. So, on the other hand, when you actually meet someone you click with in a big way, it can be a very good thing!

I didn't know you met your hubby online!!! :)
So the question is, if I am going to set some boundaries, and not leave myself open, then what happens if there really IS someone that might be meant for me?

It's kinda like a double edged sword. I guess I will just know. I never took this online dating/friendship thing seriously...but hearing that you found a friend and a husband online, makes me think that maybe I should.:P

Well I dunno, who am I to say. Met this girl on line, then met her in person. Now I am askinge her pretty serious questions Never mind the questions, I drive 768.4 miles to see her as often as possible.

:oOMG!:o

That is what I'm talking about!!

we started talking and BAM! 2 years later we're living together.

That is amazing! Congratulations!

I am just gonna take everything for what it is....and not get too involved. If something is meant to happen, it will....right?:D

in life in general good friends come and go and only 1, maybe two will be lifelong friends, in my experience.

You are absolutely right. I have one friend that I can go without talking to for years, and then just pick up where we left off.. No hard feelings, no wierdness. THAT'S the kind of friendships I should be thinking about...not this sometimes stupid online crap.

You guys have really been incredibly helpful. The insight I am gaining on this subject is really making me feel better.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!B|

Everyone is great, beautiful, handsome, sexy, rich, interesting, amazing, fearless, flawless...basically perfect

Ahhh thanks for describing me to a tee B|;):D:ph34r::P

There is really no where to go but down once you meet them in person.

I.........can......really.......resist......the.......urge......to.........make........bad........jokes:P

(during my unhappily married years)

NOTE: She wasn't talking about me here (at least I don't think she was.... Of course there was the pics Kris posted.... BASTARDO!!!).

JKA - Keep in mind that while no substitute for real life, online friends are still similar. Like Pamela said, there are friends that are meant for that particular time in your life... AND, like kriss said, just try to soak up all the positive you can from them. Then when you drift apart you've gotten what you need from them. You can try to keep in touch if it means that much to you, but that has to go both ways... one-way relationships never work out (you know the kind I'm talking about).

Blues!

Merrick

Did it change shortly after you met them in person?

YES, like the next day. >:(WTF??>:(

ahhhh... the joys of online 'dating'!

I've got some experience with the online dating thing, and if I can tell you one thing that I've learned for sure about it, it's that none of the preliminary emailing and chatting means jack squat, until you meet that person in real life!

I've come to view it as great way to meet people... nothing more, nothing less. If you meet more people, you increase your chances of having the kind of emotional connection with someone that will lead to a lasting friendship, or possibly even romance.

But you won't know for sure until you meet them.;)

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

I didn't know you met your hubby online!!! :)
So the question is, if I am going to set some boundaries, and not leave myself open, then what happens if there really IS someone that might be meant for me?

Yup..and it's almost main stream enough now that people don't gasp as loudly when I tell them ;)

It's like all things, IMO, you have to take the chance to get a chance eh? It doesn't always work out..I dated a guy from online for a year before Merrick and got totally trashed by that one....horrible, nasty business....but then I won the lotto *shrug*

You're such a sweetie, and a hottie too, it'll definately happen when it's time...sounds corny, but I believe it's true ;)

Pammi