towerrat

Megadeth....Skydivers?

does anyone here know anything about the band Megadeth? They recorded a song on On the album Countdown to Extinction entitled "High Speed Dirt" which is about skydiving.
the video for the song ( if I remember correctly ) shows the members of the band skydiving.I assume they made some jumps, but have wondered if they still jump or what.The band included frontman Dave Mustaine and a revolving lineup of musicians.
Anybody?
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

I believe that Dave Mustang and old MTV headbangers ball VJ, Ricky Rachman, both earned their A license but I don't have any idea if they still jump. It was on VH1 or some old MTV type show.

Edit to add lyrics from here

Do it if you dare
Leaping from the sky
Hurling through the air
Exhilarating high
See the earth below
Soon to make a crater
Blue sky, black death
Im off to meet my maker
Energy of the gods, adrenalin surge
Wont stop til i hite the ground, Im on my way for sure
Up here in the air, this will never hurt
Im on my way to impact taste the high speed dirt
Paralyzed with fear
Feel velocity gain
Entering a near
Catatonic state
Pressure of the sound
Roaring through my head
Crash into the ground
Damned if I;; be dead
Jump or die!
Dropping all my weight
Going down full throttle
The pale horse awaits
Like a genie in a bottle
Fire in my veins
Faster as i go
I forgot my name
Im a dirt torpedo
High speed dirt...

Also, JT I'm very sure Dave jumped.
Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

does anyone here know anything about the band Megadeth? They recorded a song on On the album Countdown to Extinction entitled "High Speed Dirt" which is about skydiving.
the video for the song ( if I remember correctly ) shows the members of the band skydiving.I assume they made some jumps, but have wondered if they still jump or what.The band included frontman Dave Mustaine and a revolving lineup of musicians.
Anybody?

IF i KNOW well Dave Mustaine have a license in skydiving
and yeah
the track is about skydiving and drugs falling

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

wow man that's a pretty cool pic. I wonder if there is a way to find his liscense number and see if is still active. I'd love to jump with him.

There is a website so that USPA GMs can check licenses and ratings (you know, so if you are on the road and forget your license or something).

Damn man you made me seach my stacks of CD's for my Megadeth collection. I've loaded the CD changer with 4 of them. Thanks!! Sad how you can forget such masters of metal! ;)

Right On!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Killing is my business and Peace sells are two of the best metal albums ever made. Not a bad song on either of them.

I totally fuckin agree!!! But they probably should have turned the barrel of the gun on themselves after Rust n Peace...

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

cool , I guess I had my wires crossed. I remember hearing that he quit when justice was born by then I could swear I saw an interview with him and he said he didnt jump! actually I think it was the drummer ( i forget his name...Nick menza?) who stayed on the ground!

BTW-- I am a mega fan of theirs!
My photos

My Videos

MTV recently had a program about Headbangers Ball. Ricky was talkinga bout how all the bands kept trying to hurt him etc....and how Dave Mustang even got him to jump. Saw a video of the two of them in belly suits leaving a twin-otter in this program. Sounded like they both quit the sport around 50 jumps or so.

It was a revisit - and almost a ploy to see if people wanted it back. The last couple minutes of the show basically asked for letters to MTV to get it back on the air.