ltdiver

104,306 miles

I thought I saw you sitting in the bombshelter on Sat night rubbing your neck. I thought you might just have been tired. Didn't know you were in an accident. I work for an Insurance company as a Damage analyst for personal auto. Determining values for totaled vehicles is one of my functions. I'm sure you have not had an offer on you vehicle yet as it has only been a few days. If I can help you out in anyway let me know. Mind if I ask what insurance company will be handling your claim? If you give me the VIN I can run an Actual Cash Value based on comparable vehicles in you area and email it to you. That way you'll be able to tell if the insurance company is trying to low ball you. Companies settle total loss values in different ways and the $ range can vary quite a bit.

The vehicles you are looking at all hold their values well. On the low side would of course be the civic. Not a bad car but compared to the others it falls short.

Ed

Lori,

That F*in' SUX!!!

Glad to see that you're (mostly) okay, but take it easy for a while because the shock can linger and act on you in strange ways.

As for a replacement vehicle, I suggest a pickup truck. Something with more mass is always desireable when an idiot plows into you.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Don't know if you can get them or not, but a Lotus Elise is the way forward. Good fuel economy, really low emissions, not too much horsepower (so low insurance) BUT really lightweight so it's still good for 0-60 in about 5s and 145mph (with a little bit of work;))!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

Well, heck, LT, that sucks.

The convertible Mitsubishi here:

http://www.mitsucars.com/eclipsespyder/image_gallery_ext.html

No interest loan, put the settlement as a down, beucoup low payments. What color was the Mustang?

And YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE THE OFFERED AMBULANCE RIDE WHEN YOU GET TOTALLED BY SOMEONE!

But in your business, I suppose you know this. You're "pain and suffering" settlement is based on a percentage of your medical bill costs. The ambulance ride spikes this.

This may be a bit of moral equivalence on my part, but the pain of losing your car hurts too, not just your neck and the time lost to recovering.

I hope you're back in the air by the time I come down to visit, cause I was really looking forward to skydiving with you.

JP

>The air is much much cleaner now than then . . .

Uh, yeah, but it's sorta _because_ of all that emissions equipment.

>You young (for the most part) people that subscribe to all the junk
>science these days amaze me!

Which junk science? That cleaner cars mean cleaner air? We've been proving that in SoCal for about 30 years now (and were proving the opposite for the 30 years before that.)

That sucks. Never had a car totaled, even though I put 280,000 miles on my first one (a Datsun 610.) That's about the distance from the earth to the moon.

Have you looked at the Nissan 350Z? I have a friend who just picked one up and he loves it. Good rankings too, and not too expensive ($25,000 and up.)

DAMNNNNN [:/]that was such a pretty mustang too..that really blows..

since your looking check out Subaru. they have quite a few nice variants right now. Also the new VWs are pretty slick, Golfs are a little small for me but the Jettas are cool..get the TDI (? diesel) and your gas mileage will kick!

my roommate once made it from PHX to Perris, jumped and played in Cali for the weekend and drove back..all on one tank :o

Dude - so sorry to hear about your vehicle. I love my "Ho" as I call her. She has 160,000 miles on it and still moving right along. I would cry if it got totalled. I totally like the idea of no car payments and low insurance! Good luck with the search! Let us know what you get.

Have you looked at the Nissan 350Z?

Yeah...beautiful car! However, the lowest price I saw at 2 Nissan dealers was $37,000+. :P I looked, though!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I just started working again so hopefully I will be able to come down that way again soon. I hope I hope I hope.

Congrats on your new job! Will you be able to make it down to the next FBFFF?

ltdiver

What color was the Mustang?

Deep, dark red. They called it "Torino Red". Kind of like the color on my camera suit.

And YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE THE OFFERED AMBULANCE RIDE WHEN YOU GET TOTALLED BY SOMEONE!

So, who's been talking?

ltdiver

LORI! why didn't you tell me, gotta find this stuff out through a forum!

glad to hear YOU are ok, I know how much your baby ment to you.

as far as my car pick, the car i rented when i was visiting was a grand am i believe, was perky and fun, maybe take one of those for a test spin.

:)

BUNGE

I don't hate them, I just like us better.