flyer299

My Wife is So Cool...

I started Skydiving about 6 months ago, and feel in love with it right away. My Wife on the other hand thought I was crazy. Of course I wanted her to try skydiving because I knew she would love it to.

Well, lets just say there was no way in hell that she was ever going to be caught jumping out of an airplane. I did my best to try and tell her that everything she was afraid of wasn't really apart of sky diving.

I pretty much came to terms with the fact that some people are sky divers and others just arn't. But, never give up.

Last weekend I was able to take my sister for a Tandem jump, and she got video. Well after seeing the video and talking to my sister for a bit, my Wife decided (on her own, I might add), that she wants to sky dive. We kicked around a Tandem jump for her, but she said, forget it, AFF or nothing.

In about 2 days she went from the most Anti Skydiving person I had ever met to someone who is already surfing the net looking at used gear.

We should be able to get her into a first jump course in the next few weeks. I can't wait!

So, what was it on the video that changed her mind? Had she never seen a video of you skydiving before? For someone so against it, I would have thought she would do a tandem first? Good for her and you!!!!! Hope everything goes well and she gets 'hooked' on skydiving. What a drain that will be on the finances, huh?

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

[QUOTE]So, what was it on the video that changed her mind? Had she never seen a video of you skydiving before?[/QUOTE]

not trying for this to sound sexist at all ( I Hope it doesnt). Maybe it took her seeing a female she knew to figure out that hey she could be comfortable in the sky in a predominantly male environment. (Did that sound sexist?)

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

No that doesn't sound sexist at all, and it is pretty much what happened... Well 2 things, she has seen videos of other females jumping, but she didn't know them. Seeing the video of my sister, who she is kind of close to really did help.

I havn't gotten a good video of any of my jumps yet, somthing I hope to change soon.

Anyways, we are heading out to the dropzone. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope everything goes well and she gets 'hooked' on skydiving. What a drain that will be on the finances, huh?

Yeah, it will be, but I wanted her to skydive so bad that I just don't care. Figure a few less trips to eat out is worth it.

That is worth it's weight in gold.:)
---I live in an area of a lot of seriously top restaurants and having a wife to jump with is beyond compare. Food passes through you,:$
"shared jumps" can stay with you forever;)
-Grant

My wife does not even want to see the airport. Its fine for me to go but she has ZERO interest in jumping or seeing anyone jump.

My wife loves skydiving, in theory. She loves skydivers, in theory. :D

She's going to be with me in Rantoul this year, working. According to Beth, she'll probably be working registration. It's a start, since I can't even get her on a plane. See, she loves seeing people jump, but she won't do it.

Cheaper that way, I guess. ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Well everyone... she did it!!! I am so very proud of her.

She went through the AFF training, soaked it all in and did her first jump. She did great. She climbed out onto the step of the 182, did a good exit, started off a little de-arched but responded to instructors signals, 3 practice touches and pull her own chute on time. It wasn't a stand up landing, but she was very happy.

We are working on scheduling her 2nd jump as soon as possible.

AWESOME !!!

I can't wait for my better half's first flight (see my similarly titled thread). I'm glad your woman enjoyed herself. Chix R cool !!

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

Hope everything goes well and she gets 'hooked' on skydiving. What a drain that will be on the finances, huh?

Yeah, it will be, but I wanted her to skydive so bad that I just don't care. Figure a few less trips to eat out is worth it.

I think it is very cool, and the finances don't matter, the two of you will be sharing the love of skydiving.

It's probably true that after she saw someone she knew (female) skydive, made her want to try! Good for her.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.