pilotdave

dropzone.com for work

Sangiro, with all the fancy CGI that this site uses, it shouldnt be too hard to change color schemes and stuff on the fly, right? How about making a version of the site that looks like microsoft excel or word or something. Hell, anything in black and white with no pics would work. Just has to be convincing enough for the people walking by and the occasional boss sneaking up. This is killing me having to do work at work! :)
Dave

Actually once I have real work to do I won't mind so much. But right now my biggest goal here is to stay out of everyone elses hair so they can get their work done without babysitting me. But I don't have any REAL work to do so I have been doing some online training and reading the "Comanche familiarization" manual which is cool but it gets boring after a while. It goes into detail about every (unclassified) system on the helicopter. Shows pics of every freaking valve in the hydraulic system and stuff. Very interesting reading, but dry.

Once I get all trained and I really get work that I can do, I'll have plenty to occupy my time.

Dave

use alt-tab (switch to another application)
or alt-space-n (minimize)

that way you can come back to it when your boss is gone, you've still gotta know the boss is there though, mine just walked out for a few minutes B|
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

LOL! I took a snapshot of my development environment and have that as my windows background. When the boss is coming, all I do is press to minimize all the windows. When the background is visible, it looks like I'm actually doing some work... unless they look at the buttons of IE in the taskbar.

~Chivo

Wow I have been trying to find a hotkey to minimizefor months now thank you. I however am blessed in that I have about 20 apps running just to do my job, and not only that but I need to be on the internet and can pretty much go anywhere I want to all a part of the job.

I don't mean to brag but...

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

There is a web-browswer that looks like an excel spreadsheet and has quick shortcuts to switch views (and moving the mouse in a certain way). I'll be damned if I can find it again though. I saw it on some technology show on TV. It's made specifically for what you want to do.. ;)