n2skdvn

Famous people you've met..

wheres ranchgirl!?

Yeah - she's got some good pics posted on her web site I think!

You guys have me beat... my list is short:

Chris Cagle
Gary Allen
Phil Vasser
Tommy Franks (does he count?):S

All met while I worked at Centcom in Tampa.:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I met Robin Williams when he showed up at Catch a Rising Star for an impromptu act. Also met Paul Stanley (Kiss) in Manny's. Went on a bowling date once and ended up bowling the entire night next to George Thorogood. That was cool!

All metal bands,

if were counting thoose i've got a much longer list..

Kreator
Destruction
Coroner
Fates Warning
Queensryche
Deep Purple
Iron Maiden
Rush
James Brown
Metallica (with Cliff)
Megadeth
Slayer
Motorhead

i'm sure i've missed a few...the previous list was outside of "fan" context..all these are from hanging around before and after the shows..

edit: and more military generals than i care to name..i was 'briefing bitch" for the TSM shop i worked for...

All of those are cool, but I must now hate you...

...you met Cliff...:o

He was my biggest influence on bass playing and I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him. :|

I'm sorry, I'm too choked up to go on right now ...

I'm sure the hatred for you will go away when the pain stops. ;)

Damn, musicians are WAY too sensitive! :D:D:D:D:D

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

actually i call them Metallica and Popicca.. since theres no metal left..

edit: totally agree...Cliff, Steve Harris, and Terry Butler were the main influences when i started..still are the foundations..but theres alot more jazz and funk influence now too..

Exactly! I think Jason is an incredible bass player and I have nothing but respect for him as both a musician and a businessman.

But like you said, Cliff was CLIFF. B|

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine

Actually, me and some other guys started lumping a lot of this new genre under "Aluminum".

It might be metal, but it sure ain't heavy!

oh yeah...

one "band" i saw that i really want to meet is Apocaliptica.

walked out of their show speechless..turned to my friend marty..and said "do you hear that? Thats the sound of Bass cases world wide being snapped shut."

"Heavier than thou" is the only way to describe them...

:)The room I was in was nearly empty,,, just an older man,, looking over the tops of his bi-focals,, at a painting....He caught my attention since his profile looked familiar.... As My wife re-entered the room,,, I said to her " does that man over there look familiar???..... And just as she said,, "yes, He looks Like Paul Newman",,,,, Joanne Woodward,,, walked into the room and joined him...... :|:SB|:) ... we were like,,,, " hommanna, hommanna,, hommanna" speechless.. hahaha..
I wandered over to where they were and when He looked my way I approached, and said,,,," we have loved , both your work, since the days of "The Long Hot Summer".. he smiled and said thanks,,, and as I returned to the family,, he followed me,, and shook my wifes hand,,,, then went back to looking at the art.... We simply left the room,,, and there were other people there,,, who never even knew how near they were to these great actors...... I remember thinking how weird it would have been ,,, to be in the same room with such a person or persons,,, and NOT realize !!!!! and so MISS it!!!! wow... we nearly did........Oh yes I also met dave letterman once... he walked at the same high school track where my Mom goes for exercise....and every so often their visits would coincide..... But I liked
Cool Hand Luke,,,, better... " Takin' it off here Boss"
..... " Yeah take it off Dragline"........and Luke's great line,,, " I'm shakin' it here Boss,,, I'm shakin' it.!!!!" :o:ph34r:;)

i work as an artist relations mgr in the music business.... meet,hang,chat with 'famous' folks all the time. you can see my name in the thank you's of lots of cool band's albums... just to name a few 'famous' bands i know - p.o.d., overkill, janes addiction, steeomud, bonjovi, flaw, korn, disturbed, fates warning,savatage,richie sambora, dokken, helloween,blindside, linkin park, kamelot,megadeth,pat benetar,staind,twisted sister/dee snider,methods of mayhem/tommy lee.. list goes on. (mostly hard rock/metal guys)

the best part is that i haven't paid for a concert in well over 10yrs and i always get to watch from the stage vs the seats. i take my 4.5yr old son with me all the time... he loves it. my 3yr old daughter likes going every now and then too. lots of fun taking the kids with me. :)

but honestly,the 'famous' folks are just like us... and the majority like to be treated as normal folks. now if i could just get them to make a jump.... :)

blue skies...
-tommy

I served the Queen wine once..in 1983.lol, oh and my dad owned the mare of 'black beauty'- the horse from the 70's tv series.

----------------------------------------------------
If the shit fits - wear it (blues brothers)--

The ones I remember:

People I actually met and spoke with:
Billy Joel, Elton John, Darryl Hall, John Oates, Carly Simon, David Letterman, Bill Cosby, Carole King, President Reagan.

Sports figures: The whole Met's team from back in the early 70's. Bud Harrelson was my neighbor, so I met many through him. Tom Seaver pitched baseballs to me when I was about 7. Also met Tug McGraw who turned out to be Tim McGraw's biological father.

I've been within 10 feet of many famous people such as Prince William and many stars appearing on Broadway.

That's all I can think of right now.

Chris

One of the best concerts I ever saw was Metallica on the Puppets tour with Cliff. They also had Armored Saint on the Raising Fear tour. It was incredible! My first concert was OZZY with Randy on guitar, which wasn't to shabby either.

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

the Pope
Mother Theresa
Katie Couric (flew w/ her on a flight to nyc. she has cute feet)
Jerry Springer (also on a flight, not cute feet)
Loretta Lynn (I hate her music)
Bill Walton (NBA basket ball anouncer, rude guy)
Sen. Tommy Thompson

-the artist formerly known as sinker