MochaSkyChick

What movie scared you as a kid???

Poltergiest. I was freaked for months. And I refused to turn off the TV at night.

I can't remember the name of the other... it was about a so called 'true' alien abduction. That can still get to me if I stop and think about it.[:/]

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

child's play scared me so much as a little girl. [:/] i would have nightmares if i ever saw that freaky doll anywhere!! i often wondered if my dolls were going to come a live and try to hunt me down. oh, i HATED that big lump of plastic! and to this day i still refuse to watch one of those movies.

child's play scared me so much as a little girl. i would have nightmares if i ever saw that freaky doll anywhere!! i often wondered if my dolls were going to come a live and try to hunt me down. oh, i HATED that big lump of plastic! and to this day i still refuse to watch one of those movies.

Those wern't as much scary scary as they were Distrubingly Grizzly. I don't mind watching some Doll wake up and kill people is one thing, but seeing and hearing the guys neck break when the doll pushed him down the stairs sends chills up my spine even today.
=========Shaun ==========

War of the Worlds, Halloween 1,2 and 3 (my brother and I hid in the bathroom for an hour after seeing #3). Poltergeist only scared me with the guy ripping his face off (plus I couldn't eat pork chops again after that scene).

hm, what scared me most?

The Shining, which i consider still one of the best horromovies.

and Clockwork Orange, not a real horrormovie, more about the horror of life is one of the films, where you have to be in a very good mood to watch it til end.

I can't remember the name of the other... it was about a so called 'true' alien abduction. That can still get to me if I stop and think about it

Are you thinking of Fire In the Sky? That movie freaked me out too. The whole alien abduction thing just makes me scared.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

1 2 Freddy's Coming For You...
3 4 Better Lock Your Door...
5 6 Grab Your Crucifix...
7 8 Gonna Stay Up Late...
9 10 Never Sleep Again!
(Great, so much for getting to sleep tonight!)

Aaahhhh, my big brother used to sing that song just to see me run out of the room. I'd be running out screaming, "LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!" :D:D

PMS #62
Zarza R[red

I wasn't allowed to watch horror films as a child. However, I saw my first scary movie at a friend's home. It was THE SHINING. God, I was traumatized.

THE AMITYVILLE HORROR, which I saw as a teenager, was also extremely frightening.

As a Catholic-raised, seven-year old girl, I was verbally TOLD the story of THE EXORCIST and was scared out of my wits for weeks. The same thing happened after finally seeing the movie in my late teens. Possession of the body and soul by something so evil is indeed terrifying. For me, this is why THE EXORCIST wins hands down as the scariest movie.

My favorite horror movies that I have seen lately are THE OTHERS and THE RING.

Poltergeist was the one movie that did it for me too. No looking under the bed at night, looking at black and white snow on TV or big trees near bedroom windows after that... [:/][:/][:/]

Edited to add: Oh and don't forget about Jaws. I could not swim in the swimming pool at night for a long time after Jaws, I was pretty convinced that there was a good chance a Great White shark could appear by coming into the pool by swimming through the drain... Oh the imaginations we have as kids...
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

I was watching TV and saw a commercial for Nightmare on Elm Street and it made me think back to how that movie use to scare the pants off me when I was a Little Mocha.

That and Invasion of the Body Snatchers were the only two movies that ever genuinely made me afraid.

That's easy - "Jaws". I was living in Daytona Beach at the time...:o
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I love horror movies... now as an adult (in age only) I'm always looking for a flick that will actually scare me :)

It's a whole lot harder if you've done a little show biz and worked on special effects. Tom Savini is a god, of course, but it's tough to enjoy a movie for what it is anymore. I always find myself looking at lighting, camera angles, listening to the pace of the dialogue, etc. In short, getting deep into filmmaking will absolutely spoil your movie-going experience...[:/]
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

The Day the Earth Stood Still. When you're a kid, you don't realize the political connections of the movie. I just saw this huge scary robot from space with death ray eyes.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis