airann

What Language would you learn?

If you were going to learn a new language...
What would it be? And why?

I was thinking Spanish... I could use it around here... but I am thinking something else.

The only thing is for Italian and French, who do I talk to? The pizza freak, the bakery dude?
:S:S

~AirAnn~

If you were going to learn a new language...
What would it be? And why?

I was thinking Spanish... I could use it around here... but I am thinking something else.

The only thing is for Italian and French, who do I talk to? The pizza freak, the bakery dude?
:S:S

A friend taught me that a more useful thing to do is learn a language that few people in the area know. That way, the two of you can talk about whatever you want, and no one will have any idea what you are saying to each other.

Blondes do have more fun!

I feel neglected... Why didn't you put up Portuguese? Are we Brasilian not good enough for the gringos?

What he said, you might get along in Sweden with Norwegian but definetly not with Icelandic.

They use more funny things in their alphabet then even we do.

/M

I guess it all depends on what you want to learn the language for.

For general everyday utility -- Spanish -- hands down the winner.

For a great job with great pay (workin' for the CIA) -- Farsi. If you were a natural born citizen of the U.S. who were perhaps raised in the middle-east and knew Farsi, I think you could write your own ticket with the CIA as a translator/analyst.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

i know enough japanese and enough spanish to barely get by and not really do anything productive with it. [:/]

so, i think i would like to actually finish what i started with those two before learning another. ;)

when i was in japan, i kept forming sentences with some japanese and like one english word and one spanish word. it was like everytime i went to say something, somebody pushed the language blender button. boy did i look intelligent. :P

portuguese would be neat too though. when i was the advisor to the international students at my college, the brazillian kids kept trying to teach me stuff, but nothing ever stuck. doh!

im working on my english;)
I think this forum help me alot,well when i understand what it says and when it understand what im trying to say:ph34r::D

You are doing a good job my friend, keep up the good work. :)

American Sign Language is my choice
Why..to communicate with deaf people.
I would like to know several languages, including some computer languages.
But, in Ca. I would only like to learn Spanish to hear other converasations..other than English is required at the workplace.(or bilingual)
Gary Calhoun

thanks alot,will this raise the curve about me being normal?:ph34r::D

Hopefuly Mac gonna teach me to speak it aswell this summer(well he has one week)B|If not ill just have to make sign for this:

one big beer to me

lets go BASE

Lets go look at girls

Mac,take off your pink hat:ph34r::D

EDIT:To say Mac = BASE813 i just got too used to saying Mac,and now he changed his username...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

:SOh no...:o
Chop go pester me in another thread... This dude's life goal is to be a dang burr under my saddle.. ;):P

I was listening to Italian (you can download classes from www) Seems ok to me, sounds good.

But French is -well, you know... I believe can pass as womanese. Unless she speaks French..

Then some languages are similar to English words, which I think will be easier.

The ideas of speaking to a friend is a good one. Yet maybe limited somewhat. Some Asian languages are easy to go around and find someone to speak to. Also, I forgot Vietnamese in the poll. In addition, you can make money speaking Asian with computer issues, or realted things.

I know a guy who taught his dog all commands in another lanquage so no one else could command him. If it were an attack dog it may be a good idea.

I may go with Italian...

I actually like Native American ? Like Indian.
THEN, who would I talk to....

my yahoo- Jumps From Plane
Clay- Likes His Sheep
JT- Needs Help Bad
Jessica - Beautiful Feather
The blue dude - Face of Blue
Lumious- Sees Weird Things
Crazy Ivan- Man with Sword
Pabito - Screams like Girl
Quade - Not Really Boring
SkyBytch- Bytch in Sky
SkyMonkeyOne ???

(I know -a blonde- that marked that on her race..., she said Well, I am a Native American...)
:S

forgot one [edit]

~AirAnn~

French. As much as I hate those people its probably the most logical one to learn since I already speak English, Spanish, Italian and German. Most other languages are either not spoken by significant numbers of people or simply don't matter because they are the languages of countries with a lower than dirt Gross national product per capita. But if you don't know the others I would say learn German first or maybe Spanish then Italian. Its cool to know a language that people don't expect you to know that way you can catch people talking crap and surprise them. Its fun. That should be a consideration.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I put Italian, because I love the country, the people, and the food. My French and German are good enough already, and 8 years of Latin means that I'm generally ok at picking European languages up.

For some reason though, I can understand what people are saying when they speak Spanish, though I've never learned - weird. It's not that I can read or speak it or anything, and I can't translate the words, I just know what they're talking about. Has anyone else experienced this?

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"