sangiro

Site Instability

Heya all,

On July 15, a security advisory was put out about Cisco switches and routers. We started doing testing on upgrading our hardware, but on Friday, another warning was put out saying that an exploit had been posted and people were actively using this bug to bring down people's networking equipment:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/07/18/cisco.vulnerability.ap/index.html

http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2003-17.html

We decided to upgrade the equipment ASAP, and unfortunately something went wrong during the Cisco upgrade that caused servers to be down for 10-30 minutes on Friday.

Today's site instability was the tail end of these upgrades. We've completed all our upgrades and this should be something of the past now. However, it you do experience a few more quirks over the next few days then may I beg your indulgence.

Thank you for your patience. :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

well for all the hard work youve been doing to keep us all whoring around I would throw you if I was a monkey....I mean youre the poopB|

as soon as I get a few extra$$ I am sending it to ya! thanks again!
My photos

My Videos

Cisco switches and routers

You've identified the problem!:P On top of that, working with Cisco to any degree is usually a step or two worse than driving nails into the tips of one's fingers. I've always been a fan of Nortel switching gear for routers. Extreme makes some insane core-switching gear too.

this bug to bring down people's networking equipment: ... ... ... and unfortunately something went wrong during the Cisco upgrade that caused servers to be down for 10-30 minutes on Friday.

Today's site instability was the tail end of these upgrades. We've completed all our upgrades and this should be something of the past now... ... ...

I think SkyNet is trying to take over and the rise of the machines in imminent. :S

... then may I beg your indulgence. ...

You? Beg? Perish the thought! :P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!