rhino

Thank you God...... Have you thanked God lately?

Justin: Did you know that you (yes you Justin) are mentioned in the Bible? It says in Psalms53:1, "The FOOL hath said in his heart there is no God". That reference to the FOOL, is you Justin. The time WILL COME when you and all your kind will dwell in eternity regretting your foolish remarks. The reason you dont want to believe in God is you are selfish, because believing in God means a change in your life, one you are too selfish to make. FOOL!!!

You may want to rethink the personal attack, Chuteless.

I've been respectful of other people's opinions in this thread. Maybe you ought to do likewise, or are respect and kindness not part of your personal religious values?

Judging from your remark, you certainly are a SAD CASE SUE. You will in time, find out He does exist, and you will stand befoere Him and be unable to give an account for ALL you've ever done. What a SAD case. May God open your eyes before its too late to correct you. There are none so blind as those who will not see....SAD, it sure is.:(:(

Love and laughter and joy. It is about acceptance and simplicity and everything being always new. It is about the hug of a child and the glance of the aged, both sides of this life meeting and sharing an understanding. It is the sunkissed daisy which blooms right outside your kitchen door. It is appreciating that which is all around us, all the time, often unnoticed or rushed past.

I agree with this completely, and I'm an atheist. Even those of us that don't believe in God should still take the time to enjoy the beauty in the world, whatever its origin.

Amen ;) to that!

I find it hard to beleive that a skydiver, anyone who has experienced the thrill of free fall, can honestly say that they don''t beleive in God. I don't mean any God, I mean God the father who sent his son. For any body out there with these hypothetical situations, all I have to say is read it in the Bible, all the answers are there. This world has been around for a long time. It has just recently gotten pathetic. Now as much as I have enjoyed reading all these post, I will excuse myself, I am blowing off work to go jump the CC helicopter, that for today is at skydive Carolina.
Blue Stuff,
Johnny CSA 485

How do ya like it Johnny?

I find it hard to beleive that a skydiver, anyone who has experienced the thrill of free fall, can honestly say that they don''t beleive in God.

God? Heck, I've experienced freefall and I still sometime have doubts about the existance of gravity. :P
As for answers- many "Books" offer them. Try thinking past the boundaries of your culture and maybe you'll see why none of them can be the Truth.

its definitely NOT a personal attack Justin. I am simply quoting what God's WORD says, and if the shoe fits, wear it.You say there is no God, and Psalm 53:1 states that only a fool would say that. I assure you its nothing personal...just what the Bible says, and the Bible is TRUTH.

...and the Bible is TRUTH.

I think the Muslims, who outnumber Christians by at least 5 to 1, may take some offense to that.

As will the Buddhists, Shintoists, Jewish, Hindu, and several others.

Christianity isn't the big player in world religion so it always amazes me that it has the attitude that it does.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

actually your qouting the word of MEN who claim god said this..

until you can personally tell me of gods wishes your just sheep following the herd to the slaughter of social order.

go look for him your self without the filter of another culture you'll be suprised what you find..

oh wait the night is SCARY cant walk it without your safety blanket to tell you everything will be OK now can you???

"As will the Buddhists, Shintoists, Jewish, Hindu, and several others. "

Don't forget those of us who put Jedi on the last census form.B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Don't forget those of us who put Jedi on the last census form.B|

Ohhh.....you're one of those people, aren't you, NacMac? I knew there was a reason I liked you.:)

its definitely NOT a personal attack Justin. I am simply quoting what God's WORD says, and if the shoe fits, wear it.You say there is no God, and Psalm 53:1 states that only a fool would say that. I assure you its nothing personal...just what the Bible says, and the Bible is TRUTH.

Sure it was an attack, just one veiled with religious justification, which is one of the main reasons I dislike religion. I have no problem with you being religious. Why do you have a problem with my not being religious? Is this a personal insecurity? Because plenty of other religious folks belong to the "live and let live" philosphy instead of the "you are going to burn in hell" camp. I can respect their attitudes and admire their tolerance.

The sticky note I just wrote on my desk says, "I am the almighty ruler of the universe and everyone who disagrees with me shall be cast into the fiery pits of hell for all eternity, starting when I submit this post." If I attribute that to God and say it is "TRUTH", in capital letters, does that make it true? If so, this will be a really short conversation. :o

I didn't write that, nor do I wish it, but it illustrates the absurdity of trying to force your beliefs on others with the bible as your support. It doesn't do your cause any good to stomp up and down and say, "It's in the bible, so it MUST be true." That doesn't sway anyone who doesn't take the bible as a literal book of God's words. Do you take the writing on my hypothetical sticky note as true? You would be a lot better off explaining the role of God in your life and how you feel it benefits you. Those explanations of belief are much more valid than nebulous assertions of biblical truth.

You can believe that the bible is the word of God, but you can't prove it. Your belief hurts nobody, and you are entitled to it. Your statement of it as fact rather than belief, and insistence that I believe it is insulting and arrogant. There is nothing to show that either of us is right or wrong, and we are both equally valid in having a perceived framework in which we base our lives. Yours is religious, mine is secular. What is wrong with that?

Judging from your remark, you certainly are a SAD CASE SUE. You will in time, find out He does exist, and you will stand befoere Him and be unable to give an account for ALL you've ever done. What a SAD case. May God open your eyes before its too late to correct you. There are none so blind as those who will not see....SAD, it sure is.:(:(

Uhg... this is the second judgemental rant you've gone on about. People like you annoy me. Like the people in the square that have their little 5 year old handing me a tract telling me I'm going to hell. Beating people over the head with religion is hypocritical, annoying, and condescending.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

You can believe that the bible is the word of God, but you can't prove it. Your belief hurts nobody, and you are entitled to it. Your statement of it as fact rather than belief, and insistence that I believe it is insulting and arrogant. There is nothing to show that either of us is right or wrong, and we are both equally valid in having a perceived framework in which we base our lives. Yours is religious, mine is secular. What is wrong with that?

Very well said Justin.

Chuteless, shame you have to resort to personal attacks of condemnation for your religion. Funny how the church uses fear to keep its followers in check.

Just make sure you hand over the envelope with money at the end of the church service and all will be ok.

This still is the best marketing and sales job in history and it is tax free.

I'm not the same variety of person as chuteless, but not every Christian is the same, just as non-Christians aren't all the same.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy,

Both you and Chris (Muenkel) have said that some opinions are not representative of Christianity as a whole. Or of religion as a whole. I understand that. What I don't understand is why some people don't comprehend how their attitudes and actions reflect negatively on both them and their religions.

I'm not the same variety of person as chuteless, but not every Christian is the same, just as non-Christians aren't all the same.

Ahhh but the whole purpose of the religion is to guide people away from hell. Do this or you will forever be sorry.

Chuteless is just following the purpose of the church. Use fear to get more followers. More followers equals more money. Give them a bible free of charge, get them to come to chuch, fork over the envelope and plase come again.

Like I said, great marketing and sales job. Specially since they can never be proven wrong and fear is a powerful tool.

What I don't understand is why some people don't comprehend how their attitudes and actions reflect negatively on both them and their religions

Shoot -- there are some folks out there (and some here in dropzone.com) who reflect poorly on just about everything they're part of. Open mouth - exit crap. Or something like that. I think it's "center of the universe" syndrome.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Chuteless is just following the purpose of the church. Use fear to get more followers. More followers equals more money. Give them a bible free of charge, get them to come to chuch, fork over the envelope and plase come again.

Like I said, great marketing and sales job. Specially since they can never be proven wrong and fear is a powerful tool.

I don't think it's all about the money guys. Now, I'm not religious myself, but that's pretty cynical. I think that in the beginning christianity and others were all very good ideas, but what we've made them into, isn't. If we can separate the theory from the way man puts it into practice, we might be able to break down some walls and get eachother to understand our opinions a little better

If I ventured in the slipstream; Between the via-ducts of your dreams.......could you find me?

there are some folks out there (and some here in dropzone.com) who reflect poorly on just about everything

Doh! True. You mean it casts a negative light on skydivers every time I mention Clay's continued sexual relations with sheep?

:)

You mean it casts a negative light on skydivers every time I mention Clay's continued sexual relations with sheep

Only when you say he's not interested in thier personality. That would be shallow, after all.

Wendy W.

I can only speak for the teachings of the Catholic Church, as that is the faith I subscribe to.

It is the teaching that no human being can ever judge another and their culpability before God. In fact, if I was to tell anyone they were going to hell, it would be considered a mortal sin in the Catholic Faith. I do not have the authority to judge anyone when in comes to matters of faith, for I am an fallible human. As Catholics, we are taught to concentrate on our own salvation and leave the rest to God. It's called having humility.

Chris

You mean it casts a negative light on skydivers every time I mention Clay's continued sexual relations with sheep
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only when you say he's not interested in thier personality. That would be shallow, after all.

Most excellent reply! LOL! :)

He respects his four-legged-lovers enough to leave cab-fare home on the table for them the next morning. He really is a nice guy.