kevin922

TV shows....

Okay, so I don't watch much tv.. i used to make it a habit of watching friends and ER, occasionally cops but i am not typically home (at the dz) when cops comes on.. I'm also fond of dateline and the like

Anyway was over at the neighbors house flipping around and landed on a show called fake it or something? I can't remember.. the premise of it was that they take someone who doesn't work in a particular trade and train them in 3 weeks then put them up against people who have been in the industry for many years with judges.. the judge tries to figure out who was the "fake" this particular one was this beer connisour who hasn't done jack with wine, they fly him to san fran to be one of those guys whose whole job is to serve wine.. quite interesting..

So anyway, what shows do you watch? Anything good on these days? I've seen dog eat dog, thought that was stupid.. saw pieces of Tom Green's new show.. that has some funny parts to it but I think it is another destined-for-failure show.. and i'm excited to see snoop's new show coming on at 10! Lets see what other crap tv can bring us.

I'm so glad i have cable.

simpsons is the best show on television. All the rest is half assed garbage.

The tone of the show has really changed in the last 5 years or so. Just watch an episode from the first few seasons back-to-back with an episode from the last few seasons. The Simpsons started as a caricature of the average American family, and has since evolved (devolved?) into outlandish situations and slapstick comedy. It still makes me laugh more than most other shows on TV, but it just ain't the same.

Have you heard about the show on Bravo about the 5 gay guys who do make-overs on straight guys? That one makes me giggle, I can't wait to see it! Most gay guys got it goin' on compared to straight guys in the clothing department....it's SO not fair! :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I like the history channel, TLC, Discovery, things like that. Lately Ive gotten into the home garden thing. I cant tell one tree or bush from another, but I'm learning. It's cool to see the makeovers they do to these houses and the design and decorating. Pretty cool stuff.

I found the best show ever a couple months ago. Its called "Scare Tactics"... people set up their friends,and the show hires actors, and makes up a scary situation, in which the friend has no idea its not real.
The last one I watched: A guy who just moved to the U.S. from Korea gets a job from a friend of his: to sweep up a cemetary after hours. So hes sweeping up stuff when one of the coffins laying around starts barely wiggling... and of course it stops moving as soon as he looks at it. Eventually, he turns around in time to catch a hand poking at a hole in the coffin. He yells for his supervisor, an actor, who goes and checks out the noise... then a corpse jumps out and attacks him... and the korean guy starts freaking out and trying to attack the corpse... its hilarious! :D:D

another one: A "cop" (actor) finds a dead body in the guys trunk, and of course the guy is freaking out, thinking he's about to get arrested. good stuff.

anyways, its on the SciFi channel, in the worst time slot: 9pm-10pm eastern.

if anyone knows where to download the episodes, PM me please!

MB 3528, RB 1182

Not enough Spongebob boxer shorts?

(By the way, I also have SouthPark boxers...)

I was never a big South Park fan. But, come show me if you ever get a pair of Scooby Doo boxers. That Scooby, he's so funny. He'll do anything for a Scooby snack. :P
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

When I get a chance to sit down and watch tv anymore, Trading Spaces on TLC, and I watch Friends and ER religiously during the regular season, even if it means recording it and watching it later. Unfortunately, I also got sucked into the American Idol worshipers, but I think I've broken out of that one now! (it was mostly about Ryan Seacrest, anyway--he's such a cutie!)

Blondes do have more fun!

Hey Kev, one word of advice... TIVO!

It will record any show you like so you can watch it anytime you're home. No more scrolling through all the channels.

My season passes in Tivo include: 24, Alias, Friends, SG-1, Six feet under, South Park, The Simpsons, Who's line is it anyway, Futurama, etc...

~Chivo

The wife and I will watch Trading Places. She loves anything to do with houses, cooking shows (Iron Chef), antiques, and she's addicted to sitcoms. I usually prefer popping in a DVD, but I like the Star Trek shows (except for Enterprise, because it's depressing). NYPD Blue really surprised the heck out of me for how good it is, didn't even start watching it until about a year ago. I like history stuff on A&E, Discovery, and the Public Stations. And Sponge Bob - the kids and I LOVE Sponge Bob !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Ok, I just heard on ET that "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" is on Bravo tonight at 10:00 EST. They also said that it's going to be on NBC on Thursday night because the show is a hit! Woohoo, y'all know what I'll be watching tonight. :P