BikerBabe

My God, Evanescence Rocks!

What is this "CD" you speak of and why on earth did you "buy" it?

After downloading the MP3's for the Evanesence album, I immediately went out and bought the CD and re-ripped it at 320K.

I don't have a problem buying CD's for bands I truly enjoy and want to support, and Amy Lee's band definitely qualifies.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Did ya know they're from Arkansas.....
They're just a bunch of bible thumpin', choir hicks from the sticks.
Just kidding...religious based lyrics or not...I agree they do indeed rock.
I wish I had gotten to see them in Little Rock before they became supah stahs.

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.

"My Immortal" Gives me freaking goose bumps everytime i hear it. Reminds me of the stuff i went through taking care of my late grandparents:(

Great fucking song.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Nice pic!
Excellent band, love the music, love the band, Amy Lee's voice is awesome, and I wish I looked like her; she's gorgeous!
Probably in the top five of my current fave bands; have two copies of the CD, one burned and an original (so I can have one at home AND in the car!).

Blondes do have more fun!

And AG: maybe MP3 off the net are good enough for your ears..... but they realy suck on a decent (not even high end) system.

And you listen to CDs? CDs cut off the highs and lows of the sound spectrum, the digital incoding kills (read: flattens) the sound.

Since I don't have the money for a nice high-end system like I want, MP3s work for me, especially when you have the very wide range of taste I do...I couldn't afford to live, eat, etc otherwise.:S
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

And you listen to CDs? CDs cut off the highs and lows of the sound spectrum, the digital incoding kills (read: flattens) the sound.

Not true. It all comes down to how the CD has been mastered. A CD will always be better than an MP3 though.

I take my high-end audio quite seriously. B|

Sony ES-555 reciever
Eosone RSF-600's in front
NHT-Zero's in the rear
Polk CS-400 center channel
Velodyne Servo F-1200 12" subwoofer
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Well, that was my understanding, but I could very well be wrong...you know, I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken...:P:P:P

I'd still rather he it live or just play the music myself, though.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Since I don't have the money for a nice high-end system like I want, MP3s work for me, especially when you have the very wide range of taste I do..

Whoa...big misconception, dude. Go on www.howstuffworks.com and look up .mp3s. The way MP3 compression works is that the software identifies sounds that humans don't hear together. In other words if two sounds are played simultaneously and one dominates the other so that you don't hear that other sound, the software strips out that sound that you probably won't hear anyway.

In short, MP3 removes the sounds it thinks you won't hear anyway to make the file smaller. The higher the compression, the more it removes. That's why the quality continues to go down as you make the file size smaller.

And besides, most MP3s are ripped from CD from the first place. So if there was a problem with their quality, it would be reproduced anyway.

The deal with CDs is they are digitally formatted. But there's a code on them usually:

AAD=Analog recording, analog mastering
ADD=Analog recording, digital mastering
DDD=digital recording, digital mastering

An AAD Cd might be lower quality than a different song from a DDD cd ripped to MP3. But that AAD CD ripped to MP3 would lose even more quality.