BobB

My FIRST rig!!!!

Yes, I state FIRST with emphasis...I'm owing some serious beer now and I'm totally owning up to that fact.

Now, if I can just figure out the skydiving part, I'll be set!!

Note: For those detail-oriented posters who may want to comment on the third pic, I AM aware that I did not have my chest strap fastened for the pic :P.

I really should be going to bed soon, but, I'm so excited I think I'll stay up and drink a few while watching skydiving videos.

Yes, I know it is snowing.
No, we are not putting the top up.

Awesome.. congrats to you. I will be picking up my overdue first rig from my rigger on the first. I am a single mother so I bought all of my gear piece by piece and all used (except my helmet alt and freefly pants) but good gear. My rig needed some updateing to be freefly friendly and a trip to the spa, but it is all done and I can't wait to jump it. I envy that you have yours allready. Be safe and have fun...
Kathryn

I always think about how bad that would suck every time I see someone riding with a rig on.

What are the chances, really? The thing stays closed at upwards of 170mph. I can't imagine it'll come out at 80mph. Just tuck the hackey inside the BOC and you're set.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

What are the chances, really? The thing stays closed at upwards of 170mph. I can't imagine it'll come out at 80mph.

I was not worried about the rig deploying of its own accord (I even thought about the speed thing like you mentioned).

I did, however, remember this post on the way home.

No, I did not deploy on the way home. Packing on the side of the road would have sucked :P.

Yep, Bob was the befeficiary of some supreme good will and is now in possession of a very nice, one year old rig. He rode home from the DZ on his motorcycle with the rig on his back. His post indicates he did not have a premature deployment......LOL

Chuck:P

I kniw someone that had their pilot chute deploy while riding home on their bike at about 60 mph . He cut it away and the reserve deployed from the rsl . He did not get hurt but it makes for a great no shit there I was story

His post indicates he did not have a premature deployment......LOL

I always think about how bad that would suck every time I see someone riding with a rig on. :D

I have a small backpack that my rig (with Gath over shoulder) fits snuggly into, I'm aware of the minimal chance of deployment, but be f*#ked if I'm taken any chancews that close to the ground:D:D:D

Nice JAv BOb:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What are the chances, really? The thing stays closed at upwards of 170mph. I can't imagine it'll come out at 80mph."

First, Nice Rig! It might be possible if your cypres
was activated and you were traveling from Flagstaff
(~7000') to Phoenix (1100') and were traveling 80
mph. Just a thought..

Steve

My Site

Congrats, wildman! I fully expect you to teach me a trick when I get back home!!! You ought to be sittin' like a champ by then!:P

Hi there!! Thanks for the positive expectations. My guess is I'll be doing more POSING than anything else for awhile. Got to keep on doing those solo jumps (no freefall witnesses :P).

Come home soon!!

Bob