bodypilot90

Arms-Grade Uranium Reported at Iran Plant

was a ap story.

That's who's reporting it....who is the source? If you can't differntiate between who's reporting and who's a source, how can you believe any news that you read? I don't see a single official from iaea or un named. So where did this info come from?

That's who's reporting it....who is the source? If you can't differntiate between who's reporting and who's a source, how can you believe any news that you read? I don't see a single official from iaea or un named. So where did this info come from?

let me explain the point of the post. The UN is a paper tiger. What will the UN do if the arms grade Uranium turns up........ it will do nothing.

Well if they can trace who they bought it from and what it was used for that could be a start.

From there if you measure the amount of the isotope in question it should be plausible for an expert in the field to say if their story holds up or not.

David

let me explain the point of the post. The UN is a paper tiger. What will the UN do if the arms grade Uranium turns up........ it will do nothing.

If the UN is such a paper tiger, how come the US will not sign the UN World Court Treaty? How come they are so afraid of their soldiers being prosecuted? Surely if it is such a paper tiger they can do no harm?

Why is this a problem? Iran is a sovereign nation, just like the USA. The USA can renege on treaties when it's convenient (The ABM treaty comes to mind, as well as 100s of treaties with the Indian nations) so why shouldn't Iran? The USA has tons of weapons grade uranium and plutonium and Iran has a trace. At least Iran has never participated in a plot to overthrow the US government (whereas in 1953 the US did exactly that to Iran).

Is there a double standard here?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

let me explain the point of the post.

Funny, I thought the point of the post was to spread unsubstantiated propaganda that adheres to your political inclinations.

What will the UN do if the arms grade Uranium turns up

You're basing that on your belief that the UN did nothing about Iraq's WMD. But, their existence is also unsubstantiated.

Oh no....the UN doesn't do anything about rumors and speculation. Actually, they do, they look for evidence to confirm or deny that information. Whereas our administration, along with you and others that support it would rather just assume the worst and start killing people.

If the UN is such a paper tiger, how come the US will not sign the UN World Court Treaty? How come they are so afraid of their soldiers being prosecuted? Surely if it is such a paper tiger they can do no harm?

I wouldn't want our military subject to a UN court. Not no but HELL NO. AS anti-american as most in the UN are, no way. They will not miss a chance to try to make the US look bad. I still say give the UN 90 days notice that we are pulling out.

Funny, I thought the point of the post was to spread unsubstantiated propaganda that adheres to your political inclinations.

no My job is to tell you the truth even if you don't want to hear it :P

still have not addressed this....

What will the UN do if the arms grade Uranium turns up

You're basing that on your belief that the UN did nothing about Iraq's WMD.

That's right that's what they did...nothing I guess they learned it from the french.

But, their existence is also unsubstantiated.

Are you still trying to say they didn't?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, their existence is also unsubstantiated.

Are you still trying to say they didn't?

I'm saying that our efforts have been just as fruitful in turning them up as the UN inspections were.

Let's see, what have we accomplished? We didn't find any WMD...if they did exist, and they probably did, that means they've been hidden or moved. We've also destabilized that countries infrastructure, however twisted it was and eliminated any border protection that they had. And we pissed off a lot of people.

So now, instead of UN inspectors in the country forcing them to hide the stuff like Easter eggs and keep it under wraps until they eventually were found out or degraded to the point where they were useles, we now have a region that is drawing terrorist wannabes in like bears to honey who can now take these weapons and use them without fear of retribution.

At least Saddam wasn't foolish enough to launch a chemical attack on us because of the consequences. These guys don't care.

At least Saddam wasn't foolish enough to launch a chemical attack on us because of the consequences. These guys don't care.

well I believe they were caught off guard by how fast the US and Britts were able to get to badhdad. I also believe at least some of the WMD we exported, hauled out, what ever you want to call it. They had plenty of time thanks to the UN.

we now have a region that is drawing terrorist wannabes in like bears to honey who can now take these weapons and use them without fear of retribution.

I'd rather kill them (the terrorist) in Iraq than have to kill them in Atlanta! Wouldn't you?

If you were in comand, right now what would you do?

Send the troops necessary to secure the borders, restore order, and get the hell out as quickly as possible. Instead of trying to get countries who said they didn't want to get involved in the first place to send troops to fix the mess that we helped to create without giving them any good reason to do so.

Of cource if I were in command we wouldn't be in this current situation in the first place.

how about the clinton news network, I mean cnn

That's just as witty and original as when I say fucks the news network

Wendy W.

My fave thus far is "Faux News Network" :D
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Iranian officials did not contest the finding by the IAEA inspectors but said the equipment was already contaminated by traces of enriched uranium when purchased by Tehran.

Saw the report yesterday. Iran bought all this equipment from Russia right? I'm not convinced this will boil over, as I think we've been collaborating with Iran or elements within via several different back-channels.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

well I believe they were caught off guard by how fast the US and Britts were able to get to badhdad. I also believe at least some of the WMD we exported, hauled out, what ever you want to call it. They had plenty of time thanks to the UN.

we now have a region that is drawing terrorist wannabes in like bears to honey who can now take these weapons and use them without fear of retribution.

I'd rather kill them (the terrorist) in Iraq than have to kill them in Atlanta! Wouldn't you?

Hmmm - I heard the government claim the Iraqis could deploy the WMD is 45 minutes. I think the troops took more than 45 minutes to get to Baghdad.

Both Brit and US intelligence got a serious black-eye in Iraq. At least the Brits are honest enough to run an enquiry into the situation.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>What will the UN do if the arms grade Uranium turns up........ it will do nothing.

Right! Whereas the US takes decisive action when no weapons grade uranium turns up.

That's because they waited for the UN, which gave the bad guys plenty of time to hide their stuff, like in a neighboring country.

Your enemy's enemy is your friend.

The Iraqis flew a bunch of their fighters to Iran last time around so they wouldn't get kacked. Of course, the Iranians grounded them until it was all over. I never heard whether they were returned or not, but either way, they're available for use by some non-friendly Islamic air force.

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

*** They will not miss a chance to try to make the US look bad. I still say give the UN 90 days notice that we are pulling out.

The only thing the UN needs to do is let GW speak out loud or let him implement his foreign policy if they want us to look bad.

As a reminder - 63% of Iranians support turning their country into a democratic state. It's the good ol boys (aka the iranian GOP) in the religious right that are mucking it up for everyone else. Let the Iranians fight this one out on their own - it won't be long before a full coup or civil war happens there.

But then again, a new year is almost upon us, just means its time for a new war. Hmmm...Syria, Korea, Britian, Iran, ooops.... :) See, if we keep dropping bombs, making everyone else's country a whole lot worse so we have to send in more troops, and keep letting out troops die, then GW can validate why we have such large military budgets and nothing left over for education or social security.

That's because they waited for the UN, which gave the bad guys plenty of time to hide their stuff, like in a neighboring country.

If that is the case, how could the GWB administration claim just prior to invading Iraq that the WMD could be used within 45 minutes maximum?

Somebody said that the Brits at least were honest enough the hold a public inquiry. I could not agree more, but you are forgetting one thing. The Americans are never wrong, if they get close to being wrong, they just change the objective. What cracks me up is the the majority of the populations actually buys it too.

Bodypilot, I still don't understand. What could the UN court do to the US military of the UN is just a paper tiger?

after much confusion it turns out that the 45 minutes claim COULD have meant mortars and small arms, this according to the head of the JIC, during the hutton enquiry.

on that note - if you want an interesting read the Dossier is published on the hutton website, the government here never lied in paper, the dossier is actually fairly benign, they just used lots of inuendo to let ppl fool themselves (and encouraged the media to do so as well).[:/]
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

If that is the case, how could the GWB administration claim just prior to invading Iraq that the WMD could be used within 45 minutes maximum?

I don't think I heard that, but if I had to guess, it was in reference to SCUDs with chemical agents, not a nuclear capability. It was a huge fear last time, too. They were used in the Iran-Iraq war as well. 45 minutes would assume a SCUD already filled, fueled and in the field, which wasn't likely, but a risk too great for the troops to ignore and not be prepared.

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.