CanuckInUSA

My Crossfire2 has arrived

Sorry no pictures yet, but I arrived at work this morning to have a pleasant surprise waiting for me. My brand spanking new Icarus Crossfire2 has arrived (I'll be loading it at about 1.5:1). It's color scheme is that of the Icarus Signature Pattern. The top and bottom cells are either neon or lime green (I can't remember) and the ribs are black. I hope the stablizers are also black, but it's not biggie if they're not.

Once it's hooked up and ready to jump, I will need to spend lot's of time getting to know this new canopy (which includes plenty of hop n' pops). If I get it hooked up this weekend and people see me hook turning it, please slap me in the head. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Good luck with it man. I sure hope they fully tested THIS version of the Crossfire, and are a bit more forthcoming in their canopies problems if there are any. I won't buy another Icarus product.

Mike

You're allowed to feel that way about Icarus. But there's a reason why many people think the Crossfire2 is a great canopy. And that's because it is a great canopy. The Crossfire2 is not the same canopy as those first Crossfire editions. But what do I know?

You're allowed to feel that way about Icarus. But there's a reason why many people think the Crossfire2 is a great canopy. And that's because it is a great canopy. The Crossfire2 is not the same canopy as those first Crossfire editions. But what do I know?

I must say that I honestly know nothing about the Crossfire 2. Having a fault in the Crossfire is not what really pissed me off....it was how they dealt with it, and my case specifically. Who knows, maybe I'm just holding a grudge after one of their Crossfire's tried to kill me, and they knew it was a bad canopy and did nothing to notify me(I was even told it was definitely not affected at one point). It's not the canopy I don't like, it's the company backing it(or not).

Mike

But there's a reason why many people think the Crossfire2 is a great canopy.

People thought that the original Crossfire was the greatest thing since sliced bread too, then we found out it wasn't. Positive public opinion doesn't necessarily make a product good, or safe.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I don't know man. I've got two recalled Crossfire (1's); a 119 and a 109. Both fly nicely and without unexpected issues. Riser pressure takes getting used to, but every canopy has its different characteristics.

I'm liking them, Good luck with your new ones Canuck! -DC ;)

sweet dude! come find me in eloy and i'll get a picture of you swooping it.:)
also if it is the Icarus Signature Pattern, I'm pretty sure the Stabs or gonna be the same color as the top/bottom skin.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

sweet dude! come find me in eloy and i'll get a picture of you swooping it.:)

Well I guess I've got 3 1/2 months to learn to swoop this puppy eh? :) Seriously, I really do need to take it slow on this new canopy as it'll be like nothing I've ever flown before. I demoed the very same canopy type and size in Rantoul. But that was at sea level. There it performed much like my Sabre2 performs here in CO. But the Crossfire2 should/will perform differently at a higher density altitude.

also if it is the Icarus Signature Pattern, I'm pretty sure the Stabs or gonna be the same color as the top/bottom skin.

I think you're right. I likely needed to specifically ask for differect stablizer colors. The default is likely the same colors at the top and bottom skins.

PS: How's your jumping coming along? Is your profile up to date?

I don't know man. I've got two recalled Crossfire (1's); a 119 and a 109. Both fly nicely and without unexpected issues.

So did mine....up until that last jump. If you have a couple that are good and you like 'em, great! Enjoy them! I hope you(or anybody else) never have any problems with them. I, personally, will never own another Icarus product due to their negligence in the situation. You won't find me jumping any of 'em, either.

Mike

I'm hoping to hit 100 at Eloy :)

Cool ... pie!!!

It's possible that I could hit my 500th in Eloy, but with the cooler less jumper friendly weather soon to arrive, the shorter days and myself now looking for quality skydives instead of quantity. Who knows? :)

How many jumps did you put on it? Did you get it altered or did you just return it in some way?

I had about 30 jumps on it. I had it 31 days when it happened. Icarus has a 31 day money back guarantee. I got my money back. It wasn't because there was a problem with the canopy....it was how they handled it. If you search for posts on the related subject from me, you'll find all the original stuff from a couple years ago. It was either late Sep or early Oct of '01(right after DZ's were allowed to reopen after 9-11).

Mike

I remember your 100th!!!! It was cool!!!!!!!;)

Yah Holly gave me a kiss on the airplane and that was before we even knew each other were both DZ.COMers. She was such an awesome girl giving out all of her love to friends and strangers. [:/]

It was either late Sep or early Oct of '01(right after DZ's were allowed to reopen after 9-11).

Is this it?

-
Jim

That's one of the threads....there was another posted the same day(same initial post in a different forum) that had some discussion about the problem in the thread, as well as some flame wars. Can't have the first without the second, unfortunately.

Mike

Ahh... Must be talking about this one.

Crossfire Incident Today

For what it's worth, I currently jump a CF2 loaded at a little more than 1.5. I think it's a pretty nice ride, I am familiar with the issues surrounding the previous Crossfires and the way Icarus handled it. I just gotta hope that they've fixed this one, right?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.