vdschoor

Byron Boogie Dropzone.com record dive

All,

If you are attending the Byron Boogie and want to get in on an RW record attempt to break the dz.com record, please put your name on the list here!

Gareth Holder offered to organize this jump.

Thanks,
Iwan

Dz.com jumpers:

Gareth Holder (gholder)
Iwan (vdschoor)

Yeah, you screw this one up and you'll never be allowed on the DZ ever again and we'll post bad things about you and make up stuff to post to make it even better!

That's a joke.

A good organizer will be able to put you in a slot that works for you. If the dive is well beyond your skill level, then they'll be able to put you in some smaller groups to try to work you up to the larger group.

The point of the DZ.com records and how they started were to pull DZ.commers together and jump together. To have fun, then party and drink like vikings afterward. This was back when DZ.com had all of a few hundred people on it spread all over the world.

So my point is, sign up, have fun, go big and have fun (but be safe)!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What qualifications do we need to be apart of this? I would add my name, but I do not want to be the cause of a failed record attempt. :|

I will not be offended if I do not qualify. I can always be on a future dz.com record attempt. :)

You will not be the cause of the failure. Gareth will put things together based on experience. If he doesn't know you, or you don't have that many jumps, he will probably put you close to someone that is very experienced, and close to the base, maybe even in the base.

I've jumped with Roger Ponce at the American Boogie, and I know I will be fine close to the base so that's where I asked him to put me.. just be honest to the organizer and things will work out ;)

Iwan

Everybody please post your jumpnumbers as well, I am keeping a list for Gareth so he can work out the details of the jump.. We are at least going to be serious about this funnel right? :)
The people that have already signed up, I got your jumpnumbers from your profiles.

Iwan

Like this?

Gareth Holder (gholder)... shitloads
Iwan (vdschoor)... 380
TheAnvil... 250
VanillaSkyGirl ;)... 89
Chopchop... 819
Lummy... 203
Sebazz... 2,000 +
LizzieB.. 250

Based on profiles.. i assume are relatively current..
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

The rule Bytch stickin' her nose in -

Although the current record is a two point 15 way, a one point 16 way or bigger will break it. Must be flown as dirtdived - i.e. everyone who left the plane docked in the correct slot - and all participants must be registered users on dz.com (better if they are active posters too, but that's a gray area...)

I hope you break it; it's been at Perris too long. :ph34r: