Kramer

Do Chicks Dig Skydiving?

I've reached the point where I genearlly don't mention skydiving to people I'm first meeting. I actually try my best not to bring it up. Not just girls you have some interest in, but everyone. Occasionally it makes it's way out there anyway...

them: "c'mon out with us Saturday afternoon! it'll be great!"
me: "uh, I sorta have plans."
them: "well then, next Saturday!"
me: "uh, yeah... I have plans every Saturday."

Personally, I'd rather find a skydiver. In that regard I figured what I'm hearing in this thread, it will probably net you some points, it prolly can't hurt your cause anyway.

in in the end though, just keep saying to yourself "geeks with death wishes"

I don't bring it up at all. I'm not one that has to let everyone know I do this or that, I just keep all that to myself. If skydiving (or something else) happens to come up, I'm like yea I skydive on the weekends. And thats it. If they ask anther question, I'll gladly answer it. But I don't just go off on skydiving. I'm sure no one wants to hear that.

As for the original question of the thread, I agree with everyone else, the few females I've mentioned it to didn't seem to care. My skydiving was good for about 15 seconds of the conversation. Then on to other topics.

edited bcause I stil can't spel.

Woo Hoo, Fockers!!! I fit that age range!

Bummer, that means you're too old for me. :$

Nope. Just maybe a little too experienced for ya. Now if you decided to stay in your own age range....

The hard part is finding that one in the friend category that's worth trying to take to the next level.

Sometimes just finding a freind is good enough for me. :)

Exactly.

Now, for his question about us old fogeys pickin up chicks (I'm in the age range, but not by much), duh dude, we don't pick up chicks! By the time we've made it to this advanced age, we've learned to sit back and let them pick us up. :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

If she thinks you're a muppet, being a skydiver isn't going to help.

Ah, but Ben -- you came to America so you could have a sexy English accent B|. Is an American accent sexy in England?

It might give a whole new meaning to "cultural exchange!"

BTW, I'm a chick, and dig skydiving. And the right skydivers, but also the right non-jumpers...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

i've found most chicks think it's cool but that is about it, it's something to bring up in conversation once and then that's it... don't dwell on it or they will get anoyed by it..... i hav seen thought that skychicks do think it's cool if you are a bass ass flyer and don't have a big head about it you would score points with them..... but the random wuffo will get tired of skydiving in lik 2.3 seconds...

While I munch quietly on a very large bio degradable packet of the choicest worms.....;)

Lets take 500 inteligent, attractive women with whom you can see some kind of future..(You've dated 500 women, right?:P)

Half think it's cool. Half think you're nuts (250/500:)
Of the half that think its cool...

Half will come to the DZ, half will give you shit about it.(125/500):|

Of the half that will come to the DZ...

Half will be bored senseless, half will not be. (62.5/500)[:/]

Of the half that are not bored senseless

half will do a Tandem, half will not.(31.25/500):(

Of the half that do the Tandem...

Half will like it, half will think you're nuts. (15.6/500):S

Of the half that like it....

Half will do AFF/SL, half will not. (7.8/500)

Of the half who start skydiving...

Half will get an A licence, half will not. (3.9/500)

Of the half that get an A licence

Half will continue, half will not...(1.95/500)

Of the half that will continue...

Half will leave you for their former AFF Instructor/Tandem Master/Other hot skydiver, half will not. (1/500)

So... either you need to

1. Date 500 whuffo's for any single chance of a good
relationship, or

2. Be nice to those bored girls watching their student boyfriends skydive, or

3. Wait until you're 35 and are an AFF I/TM/ Other hot skydiver.

4. All of the above, as you work your way up the line.

If you happen to meet a cool skydiving girl who thinks you're a cool skydiving boy, be nice as can be and understand the value in that relationship. The numbers in this sport are far from even. What you have is priceless.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I need words of wisdom from you 25-35 year old 'fellas

Damn I'm out of your age range. Apparently I'm no longer useful. I think I'll go eat worms.

Me neither.. save some worms for me.. As soon as I can get my walker outta the car.. [:/]

Damn........I'll help ya get your walker if you can help me get my cane......:P

Its age discrimination I tell ya!!!!!

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Chicks might dig the Rascal Scooter... but very few whuffo chicks are going to be cool with you spending all your weekends at the dz. In my opinion, skydiving is not good for ongoing relationships.. as someoone else said though, it is good conversation filler and some women enjoy a challenge.. getting you away from the dz for a day might be that challenge.. ;) Now.. back to my worms.. :S
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Alright, if you old foggies wanna chime in and entertain us

You are such a baby, but ok I'll play. I dig skydivers, but I am one.:P I love the ratio of males to females.

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Right,

Having just finished my mid-morning snack of worms (pureed naturally, you can't be too careful of your teeth at my age;)), polished my zimmer:o and charged the batteries on my scooter:S I now feel ready to jump into this (right before my beddiebyes Horlicks and sleepytown medication):S.

Skydiving ISN'T about attracting women. Skydiving is about skydiving. It's already been said that Whuffo's regard skydivers as having an excess of Lemming Genes and are perpetually frustrated suicides. Admittedly Whuffo's don't study aircraft crash statistics - fully 100% of fatal airplane crashes happen when the plane is coming down... LEAVE before the plane starts to go down:D). My point is that any Whuffo girl who finds you attractive because you skydive quite possibly has a death wish by proxy:o!

My own dating advice is FIRST meet the girl (and beieve me there is NO shortage of talent at any DZ - I've yet to meet an unattractive female skydiver. Just remember that you're not seeing them in the flattering clothes, makeup & nicely done hair) Either the girl will accept YOU as you are (skydiving included) or she won't. If she doesn't, then move on. There's A LOT of women out there & somehow men & women DO get together:$:D.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I'm my albeit limited experience, I've found that if a chick likes you, she likes you. If she thinks you're a muppet, being a skydiver isn't going to help. Basically, it's very complex and I've no idea. Although I did read an article once that said women want to sleep with men who take risks. I've been playing the lottery for weeks now and it's not working, no matter how many lottery tickets I 'accidently' drop in front of women.

-Ben

BEST POST EVER!!! B|

(Sorry, know I'm not supposed to be here, but that was bloody funny!)
Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes

Most of them think its really cool at first then when they notice that you like Skydiving just as much as you like them they get a bit worried. My ex girl threw in the old "I thought we were saving for a house routine as well'. She had a point actually...
Many women also see it as a form of controlled suicide as expressed above. Buying them a tandem helps, but only if they want to do it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

(Sorry, know I'm not supposed to be here, but that was bloody funny!)

Bull whacky.... you DO belong here.... and it was funny...:P

Big Ben is a funny guy.....met him over the weekend...

Me... I am funny too.. but ya know.. looks are not everything;)

Jeanne

What chicks don't like is braggarts. Are you talking about non-skydiving chicks? They'll probably think it's really cool at first. Then when they realize that you spend all your free time and skip work and school half the time to go hang at the dz - it will lose it's appeal. As far as skydiving chicks go - they don't care whether you jump or not, so long as they get to...

It is funny to hear you guys fuss about cutting the chick away because she doesn't understand why you want to be at the DZ every weekend. That is exactly how I feel about most guys. Even a guy that jumps will get jealous if you jump with other guys or jump more than he does. MEN, hrumpth.:P

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Michele, you have time to find wuffo guys? I have yet to find the time to go out to do wuffo things on the weekend so I am not sure what it would be like to meet a wuffo guy and tell them I skydive...every weekend I am at the DZ...

Kramer, stick with finding a single skydiver chick, find her and then treat her right and never let her go. If you do that then you have no worries about the hassels of dateing a wuffo...

Her, "Hey every weekend you are always with your buddies at the DZ...why? Do you not want me around any more? Why don't we go to a movie instead or to the zoo? Perhaps you would like to take a nice long hike around the ______ Mountains and spend time with me?

You: "hmmm...well the movie and zoo thing we can do on a rainey day that I can't jump...However, the hike up the ________ mountians sounds great, but only if I can bring my BASE rig...uh, I need it just incase I acedently slip off....uh...but you will have to stay at the bottom so I know where the winds are coming from...

Just stick to other skydivers, and if you can't find a single girl, there are a lot of single guys...just make the ol "If neither one of us are married by age 40 then we will convert" Then I am sure you wont spend your whole life alone...

Kathryn

Just stick to other skydivers

Sigh...skydiver-skydiver relationships aren't always matches maid in heaven. I know plenty of people who have wonderful relationships with their whuffo significant other.

Also, it's kind of like saying, "Well, I math so therefore, I must find somebody who likes math." If they don't share a major interest of mine, it's okay...really.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

it's just you have to find someone who can cope with a guy who is never ther, spends time and money one 1 activity, a kind of MONOMANIAC :P
nobody jumps with my chick >:( maybe cause I am single :S:S:)
I don't care sharing, as long as it's only in the air ;-)
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579