JamesNahikian

Cubs win! Cubs Win!

I watched them as a kid until I moved in 1973. Always a day game at Wrigley back then. It seemed like the clouds would part every time Ernie Banks would come to bat.

1969 was a tough year - damn Mets.:(

I did get Fegie Jenkins, Ron Santos and Don Kessinger to sign my glove.

With the Mariners out, the Cubs are my hope. Any team but the Braves or Yankees.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I grew up west of Chicago, didn't leave till I was about 21. Every time I think of the Cubs I think of Harry Caray. There was no way they would ever retire him. Even when old age was tripping him up in his announcing, he was still kept in the announcing position.

I love the way they do Harry Caray on Saturday Night Live.

I saw Caray him at an old timers reunion game of the '69 mets and cubs during Spring training in Phoenix in the early 80's.

This thread is getting some brain cells moving that haven't been worked in a while.:D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

DAMMIT!!!!!!!

I was so hoping my Astros would win the central. Nice to know the astros suffer from the same disorder other houston teams suffer from. The major symptom is finding a new way to flush the season (or a game) down the drain at the very end.:S:|:(

Any team but the Braves or Yankees.

Definitely...hate both of them.

Red Sox - Cubs World Series? The sad thing would be that one would lose and continue their streak. Pedro Martinez vs Kerry Wood...that I'd like to see.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

1969 was a tough year - damn Mets.

Too bad sucka!!! Buddy Harrelson was my neighbor in 69. To go from last place at the All Star break to win the world series was simply amazing.

I also want to add 86...to bad Bosox! You let it go right between your legs.:ph34r:

Edited to add that they do in fact suck this year.:(

I was so hoping my Astros would win the central.

Come to think of it, the Met's were the downfall to the Astros in 86 also. 16 long innings, they tortured those Astros.:ph34r:

Still standing by my statement that they do in fact suck this year.:P

Cubs have been here before, they probably will choke again - just part of being a Chicago team.

If they get to the World Series, then I'll shut my trap...until then, all they have done is prolonged the "wait until next year" speech :ph34r: