Skymonkey13

When i was almost killed...

When i was a kid, my Grandpa used to take me to all the wrestling matches. Only thing was, he thought they were legit I knew they were phony. But, if you told my Grandpa that, you were assured of never going to the matches again.
Now i don't know how many of you, used to watch wrestling on TV years ago, but there used to be these 2 old ladies, who were twins, and they would spit at the wrestlers who were the bad guys, or cheated, when they left the ring.
So i grow up thinking that there is "Some Kinda Rule" that the wrestlers cannot mess with the audience.
When i was probably 22. or 23, i was at a match with my brother and a couple of friends'
There is a wrestler named "Ernie The Cat Ladd" he used to be on the Chiefs, but was retired. He weighted 320 and was 6 foot 5 inches.
He was the bad guy in this match.
I was drunk :o
He cheated to win this match.
I'm sitting right next to where the wrestlers exit in what they call the Box Seats.
So when he starts to leave the arena, i throw a beer in his face....Bad Mistake... this guy chases me up the stairs (thats right, i'm running) and i run out into the aisle, and i feel a BIG HAND. He grabbed me right by the back of the shirt. (now i'm thinking,oh shit, you screwed up this time) when all of a sudden 2 security guards grab him on both sides. OK, here's my chance, i drop to the ground, and that breaks his grip, but i don't get up, i keep crawling until i get to the door, then i jump up and i don't stop running until i'm in the parking lot.
Then my brother and friends show up, and my brother says, "What the Hell is wrong with you?", so i say "Hey, i thought there was some kinda rule against them Bastards messing with the audience" Then he says "Hey, you throw a beer in my face, and i'll beat your Ass too"
So i just say "Hey, he's lucky those security guards were there, because i was just getting ready to get all up in his Ass"
Then we all had a good laugh and i counted my blessings.
:)

I tried to imitate Harry Houdini my freshman year in high school and woke up in the hospital with a skull fracture. True story. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I can't say I was almost 'killed' but when I was around 9 or 10, my twin sister and I got lost on Mount Rainier for the day. We were two very scared little girls:(. Of course there wasn't a search crew back then or maybe there was but they weren't called! My Dad and family finally found us much later that day, it could have been much worse. We had just wandered too far away looking for a good picnic area, why they would let us look for one, who knows???:S

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

As a child, I think I was eager to get started on skydiving. I jumped/fell out of a second floor window in a big house. I, uh, was jumping on the bed and thought the screen covering the window would bounce me back. Thank goodness for heavy rains earlier that week. :P
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

I can't say I was almost 'killed' but when I was around 9 or 10, my twin sister and I got lost on Mount Rainier for the day. Of course there wasn't a search crew back then or maybe there was but they weren't called! My Dad and family finally found us much later that day, it could have been much worse. We had just wandered too far away looking for a good picnic area, why they would let us look for one, who knows???:S

Yea, when i was a kid, and we used to go to my Grandma's down in Ark.
She used to have a big Bluff, way back behind her farm. A 300 ft bluff thats used to have a train track running under it, but then had a river running there, Cause they built the dam.
My dad told me and my brothers that we couldn't go beyond the fence. They were afraid we would get lost and fall off the bluff.
Well, thats the first place we headed, and my parents were searching for us. When we got back, my dad told us to go out and pick a switch, (now, we knew, we had to get one that was big enough that it didn't break, but small enough that he couldn't kill us) If the switch broke, then my dad would go and get one himself.
He got my middle brother first, and he cried his ass off, then he got my older brother, and he cried his ass off, Then it was my turn, he hit me pretty good, but i had on my corduroy pants, so it didn't hurt.
Then i walk inside, and my grandma's and my mom laugh at us and say "Well, that will teach ya", but with a Arkansas accent. Then i say, "It didn't hurt me, i got my corduroy's on" Then i hear this voice behind me, a deep voice, one i've heard before, and it says "Drop them Damn pants"...I got whipped again, and this time the tears were for real.
I have never owned another pair of corduroy pants in my life, and i have never bought a pair for my son.
Some lessons, you never forget.

J

Ooh! Trains! I grew up just the other side of Box Springs National Park from Perris, and the trains went right past my house. When they were REALLY long, they would have to go slowly around the bend, and I would run along with them until I could jump on and ride them. Got quite a scare when one of them sped up to the point where I knew I was going to be battered by the jump-off. Scared some sense into me. B|

I was electrocuted on a railway line when i was eight years old.

If you were electrocuted, you would currently be dead. You were shocked.

Glad you're OK. That must have been a blast.:o
Did you lose consciousness? Do you any permanent marks from it?

Before I was 10, I had...

~Fallen off a 6 foot wall I was walking into someone's yard...and met their dog. Spent the day at the hospital.
~Fell out of a swing while trying to loop the top bar...spent the night in hospital.
~Got hit by a car and flung quite some distance. Spent the night in the hospital.
~Pretended I was Peter Pan, and "flew" from the treehouse onto my head. Spent the night at the hospital.
~Sliced my palm open while playing Pirates. The kitchen cleaver was my sword. Brought a whole new meaning to "hoisted by her own petard..." many stitches.
~Broke my wrist when I got into a schoolyard fight. Spent the day at the principals office, the evening in the hospital, and then, the next day, when someone didn't believe the cast was real, I whomped him over the head to prove it. I spent the next week at home, on suspension. And not sitting due to the paddling I got.
~When Dad was not looking, I got on top of the Chevrolet Malibu station wagon, clung to the rack, and, when he was driving down the street, I knocked on the windshield. During the ensuing slamming of the brakes, I slid down the windshield, onto the hood, and then onto the ground. I spent the night at a friends house because it was not safe for me at home ;).
~I fell off my bike in front of a moving car. The car ran over the bike, but I managed to get out of the way.

Sometimes, I wonder how I managed to survive...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Don't fuck with overhead powerlines. ;)

This almost happened to me. I was about the same age. My grandparents had a barn or shed or something that was right beneath the power lines that connected to their house. One day I was playing around with my cousins outside and I climbed up on the roof of this shed. For some unknown reason, I reached up with both hands and grabbed the wires. Fortunately, I wasn't electrocuted.

I have a scar on my right foot (like a big cigar has been put out on it).

No loss of consciousness, but i was blown 30ft and landed on my head on the only broken bottle in the area.

All the capillary vessels in my right arm had burst (making it look purple).

I have also been run over when i was 13, breaking my left arm and dislocating my left shoulder (still is).

I also found an 8-ball when i was about 7 or 8 and threw it as hard as i could onto the cobblestones in a park near where i used to live,
result - it bounced straight up square into my right eye, i couldn't see out of that for about 3 days.

I also fell into the local canal after a session and woke up underwater.

Man, i'm so lucky. ;)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

The only time I really thought I was almot killed was after a jump I made back when I was a baby with someone that had well over 500 jumps. He didn't tell me he didn't have his altimeter or his dytter. We jumped out and he fell in his sit a lot faster than me and the only way at that time I knew to get down to him was to track down and he thought I was tracking away because it was break off time. He then dumped right under me, and as soon as I saw him pitch his pilot cute I tracked as hard and as fast as I could. I fell past him and his open canopy, (he got it on video and some pretty cool still shots of it). I know better now and all, but he really should have known better. That was the only time I ever felt like I was close to death.

Edited to add: oh yeah I forgot that I had ODed on coke in high school..I guess I could have died then....

If you were electrocuted, you would currently be dead. You were shocked.

Glad you're OK. That must have been a blast.:o
Did you lose consciousness? Do you any permanent marks from it?

So have either one of you been on an electric star? I just heard about those over the past weekend, and that the Knights love to do them when they get someone new on the team...

Thought I was dead a couple of times due to car accidents.
When I was a kid I loved to jump ramps with my bike. I learned a real good lesson in who not to trust to guard the ramp while I got running start. I had a neighbor kid guard that ramp and while I had my back turned he moved the board up so that it was too steep. I hit that ramp going as fast as I could and whent straight up and straight down. I landed with one foot on one side and one on the other side of the front tire and my crotch right on the goose neck. OUCH I fell over and laid on the ground for what seemed like hours waiting for the pain to stop.

Oh, please don't start one of these. I could post all day and night. There are just way too many almost incidents in my lifetime. Keeps you on your toes, though.

if cats have 9. i believe i still have 3 remaining :)

If nine is all they are giving us then I am way into borrowed time.

I've got serious car wrecks, several emergency surgeries, a husband who wanted to cremate me for insurance money - never be worth more dead than alive, horseback riding mishaps with fences and horses falling down and landing on you or should I say me., blood poisoning, food poisoning - oh, you mean when you can't stop vomiting for days on end or when your leg gets really hard, hot and red you should go see a doctor???, almost run down by cars several times, almost drowning several times - not just oh, my god, I almost drowned - we're talking the hideous vomiting water and having that horrible uncontrollable sound as your lungs try to reinflate, almost having my head run over by the snowmobile following me when we wrecked - missed by inches, a serious sledding accident that left me unconscious for awhile in the snowbank with only jeans, sneakers and a sweatshirt - good thing I came to, almost struck by lightening while horseback riding then almost hit by the tree that did get struck as it came down on top of us, chased by a psycho through the woods who was walking along some railroad tracks and saw me walking alone - unarmed like an idiot, oh yeah almost hit by someone still in freefall while I was flying my canopy (miss by about 4 feet - just missed my end cell), oh yeah that time I just had to find out what too low in a hook turn was all about - phew - picking rocks out of my thigh and ass was really fun but better than dead! Those are just the few I can think of right now.

My friends keep telling me that I have to stop thinking that the laws of physics and gravity do not apply to me and that I am not invincible.

Oh well, I break easy but I'm a great healer!!

I was hit by cars three times, and I've been electrocuted once. All very bad days....

Oh, and I collapsed my lung once, that sucked ass. Prolly the closest to death was that. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.